Welcome to PatsFans.com

Very OT: Once Bruin forward Rich Peverley collapsed in game and was revived

Discussion in 'Boston Bruins Fan Talk' started by Brady_to_Moss, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Brady_to_Moss

Brady_to_Moss Revis Island is here PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +889 / 9 / -4

#95 Jersey

I know this is very OT but something very scary happened to Peverly tonight in the Dallas game. Collapsed on bench. Had to be revived in the tunnell....so scary. Thoughts with him and his family.

Game was postponed and another Dallas player was treated for a panic attack related to the incident...

Stars doctors explain what happened to Rich Peverley after collapse on Dallas bench, give update on condition | Dallas Morning News

2. English Patriot

English Patriot In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +156 / 73 / -59

#87 Jersey

I was watching Caps-Pens when this happened and switched to a stream, looked very scary when i saw the bench reaction

3. Brady_to_Moss

Ratings:
    +889 / 9 / -4

#95 Jersey

the coaches were yelling into the stands for a doctor..a women in a stars jersey came down who was a doctor

4. Patsrock

Patsrock Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0

Very scary. I loved Pevs when he was here. He did miss pre-season and 1st game of the year while getting treatment for irregular heartbeat. I

5. English Patriot

English Patriot In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +156 / 73 / -59

#87 Jersey

Yeah the reaction was very good but the refs were slow as hell

6. PatsDeb

PatsDeb PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -1

Sounds very scary. The way they were describing it in the press was like he just passed out. This sounds a lot worse. Fell better soon Rich!

7. Sticky Caulk

Sticky Caulk PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +148 / 2 / -0

#63 Jersey

The situation turned out to be a lot less serious than it seemed, but at that moment, nobody knew what the hell was going on.

The Stars have had players cut with skates, take pucks to the head and most Stars fans can still remember the terrible, empty feeling in their stomach as Mike Modano slid into the boards head first. Bill Masterson died back in the 60's do to a hit to the head in a (then North Stars) game. These sort of things have happened from time to time, but to just collapse? freaked both teams out. They really had to stop the game.

PS. I am a huge Dallas Stars fan, as I grew up in Texas and moved to the Dallas area at the same time as the Stars. Went to my first game in 1994 againt the 'Mighty" Ducks and witnessed Modano score two goals to win the game 2-3.

8. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,098 / 32 / -49

No Jersey Selected

I actually saw this. Didn't he have to be treated for an irregular heart beat at one point in time, or am I thinking of someone else? Thoughts are with him and his family and I'm happy to hear that he was revived.

9. Froob

Froob Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +395 / 11 / -4

#32 Jersey

Scary stuff, glad he's okay.

10. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +428 / 12 / -26

I have Atrial Fibrillation as did my father, when you get an attack it is very scary.. you are not sure what is happening, but you know something is.

My doctor keeps telling me not to worry, as I take a handful of prescribed meds. Read where he had an operation, sounds like Catheter Ablation which is a procedure that destroys small areas of heart tissue where abnormal heartbeats may cause an arrhythmia to start. I had that also... it is something you have to live with, the greatest danger is stroke... you have to monitor your coagulation in your blood.

Of course am responding to what has been described by those involved, it could be something else...

Sounds like it was a very significant event, and it is being reported they defribilated him and he responded... without regard it is a very scary event when it happens, if it happens on a hockey bench I imagine is is exponentially scary...

11. Brady_to_Moss

Ratings:
    +889 / 9 / -4

#95 Jersey

He has surgery for it and missed some time beginning of this year