PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Updated: Judge Tells Brady No Need To Attend 8/19 Settlement Hearing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kind of wish they wouldn't have given Roger a heads up on this, that way his weasly ass wouldn't have shown up. Lol oh well he is arrogant enough to just not show up...hopefully.

i know..wish this didn't leak now ******* goodell will surely be there.
god, i hate that mother****er.

Also, someone else tweeted that when court personnel discovered who it was who was livetweeting they threw him out.

I'm not so sure about how true that is because the guy was very official, but I expect we'll get some live updates one way or another.

I'm not so sure about how true that is because the guy was very official, but I expect we'll get some live updates one way or another.

I don't think he was official at all. He's an employee of the New York Daily News newspaper, as his own twitter home page even says. Pretty sure the "Manhattan Federal Court reporter" phrase on his twitter home page means "I'm a reporter for the NYDN who reports on the federal courts in Manhattan".

I think we want Goodell to go. There's a chance he could get asked questions. He is very unlikeable, and a habitual liar. The more contact Berman has with him, the better chance he has to lose.

Last edited:
Interesting, if true.

Brady has already testified under oath, so there's nothing that the NFL team can ask him that hasn't been "asked and answered." It also shows that he is ready to "go the extra mile" to reach a Settlement.

The question, IMO, is whether this puts pressure on Goodell to be in the courtroom. If witnesses are being called from among those who testified at the Appeal, then it could open the door for Kessler to call Goodell to the stand and question him under oath if he is in the Courtroom.

Also, does it put pressure on Wells to attend? With the same potential for Kessler to put him on the stand, under oath.

If this isn't just a rumor, it would make things "curioser and curioser."

Interesting, if true.

Brady has already testified under oath, so there's nothing that the NFL team can ask him that hasn't been "asked and answered." It also shows that he is ready to "go the extra mile" to reach a Settlement.

The question, IMO, is whether this puts pressure on Goodell to be in the courtroom. If witnesses are being called from among those who testified at the Appeal, then it could open the door for Kessler to call Goodell to the stand and question him under oath if he is in the Courtroom.

Also, does it put pressure on Wells to attend? With the same potential for Kessler to put him on the stand, under oath.

If this isn't just a rumor, it would make things "curioser and curioser."

i hope all of this true.
i can see roger invoking his 5th amendment rights. lmao

I don't think he was official at all. He's an employee of the New York Daily News newspaper, as his own twitter home page even says. Pretty sure the "Manhattan Federal Court reporter" phrase on his twitter home page means "I'm a reporter for the NYDN who reports on the federal courts in Manhattan".

Thanks for clearing that up.

Guilty people show up to court. Obviously if he were innocent he wouldn't feel the need to show up.

Can I have my NFL.com writer job now?

Guilty people show up to court. Obviously if he were innocent he wouldn't feel the need to show up.

I give it 10 minutes and then someone from the Globe who's initials are M.C.I. will suddenly Google-up a similar sounding tidbit.....

did michael silver say that??

Just heard on espn radio them say "the nfl office is declining to say who is attending the hearing tomorrow ". Of course they to be secretive and shady about it. Lol

Disappointed this leaked if it would truly help him gain an edge over Goodell...
It wasn't exactly a secret. I just mentioned in the TC thread I saw him while out getting lunch in midtown about 45 mins ago.

how would it leak that Brady is going? Only BB and Brady should know if he is going, makes no sense to let anyone else know.

Kind of wish they wouldn't have given Roger a heads up on this, that way his weasly ass wouldn't have shown up. Lol oh well he is arrogant enough to just not show up...hopefully.
Disagree. I think this a brilliant Chess move by Kessler. He's forcing the NFL's hand. Goodell does not want to be within ten miles of that courtroom if Berman is allowing each side to call witnesses who were directly involved in the Appeal. My guess is that the NFL was going to keep as many of those folks away from the Moynihan building as possible tomorrow to avoid that possibility. If Brady shows, it's almost impossible for Vincent, Wells, Pash et al not to be there, not to mention Goodell.

It's an "End Game" move by Kessler. He's coming right at the King and his Court and daring them not to be there.

how would it leak that Brady is going? Only BB and Brady should know if he is going, makes no sense to let anyone else know.
Makes complete sense (pls see my post immediately above). He's forcing the NFL's hand. Goodell and other higher ups at the NFL can't say they "would have been there if they knew Mr. Brady was going to attend."

Disagree. I think this a brilliant Chess move by Kessler. He's forcing the NFL's hand. Goodell does not want to be within ten miles of that courtroom if Berman is allowing each side to call witnesses who were directly involved in the Appeal. My guess is that the NFL was going to keep as many of those folks away from the Moynihan building as possible tomorrow to avoid that possibility. If Brady shows, it's almost impossible for Vincent, Wells, Pash et al not to be there, not to mention Goodell.

It's an "End Game" move by Kessler. He's coming right at the King and his Court and daring them not to be there.

Roger Goodell is not the NFL. Brady is Brady.

There's a big difference there.

And a spot on 98.5's afternoon show anytime you'd like.

Roger Goodell is not the NFL. Brady is Brady.

There's a big difference there.
But, Deus, hasn't Goodell, for all intents and purposes, made himself "the NFL." And isn't Brady effectively calling the entire league Office, and its personification/incarnation, Roger Goodell, out by showing up tomorrow?

Last edited:

Do we know that there will be witnesses called or is that just a rumor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents