Unlike Revis, Marshall Doesn't Want to Win a Super Bowl with the Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Unlike Revis, Marshall Doesn't Want to Win a Super Bowl with the Patriots

Ian Logue

Some guys like to be the last piece of the puzzle, others prefer to be one of the first pieces put on the table before it all comes together.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

I may have misinterpreted an interview with Martellus Bennett, but it was my understanding he didn't like Brandon Marshall. I know they had words with each other when Marshall was with the Bears. Marshall also comes across as the type of guy who blames the QB ala Terrell Owens. And at 32, I don't think he is the player he used to be. He was a good receiver but I don't think he was ever the receiver he thought he was either.

Marshal talked about the Jets being "his boys" and how he didn't want to be a rental player. This has been his career path;
06 - Denver
07 - Denver
08 - Denver
09 - Denver
10 - Miami
11 - Miami
12 - Chicago
13 - Chicago
14 - Chicago
15 - Jests
16 - Jests
It looks like he's the poster boy for rental players. I wouldn't want him here any more than he wants to be here.

Translate to I don't want to give up my show. He should sign with the giants, can do his show and Victor Cruz hasn't looked great this year.

The guy has always been a loser. I think he's losing a step as well. Always has big drops. Mevis had a great career early on but he never saw much success and he finally found it with the pats only to screw the jests with another big payday. Love it.

We don't need Brandon Marshall.

The offense will be even better next year when 87 returns!

I hope he can be the same 87. I can see us taking a TE in the draft. Also have to hope that mitchell can become something. I am still leery on that because we haven't had a wr in the draft be a player for us in a long time.

Next year Michael Floyd @ 27 > Brandon Marshall @ 33

f him. enjoy watching the sb from the swamp

This guy sucks. Good size, good stats, all the WR measurables you could draw up. But he's not a winner and he's a ****ty teammate to boot. "Six time ProBowlers can get knocked out too" lol Marty. Only wish he woulda done it.

BB would never sign this clown.

I don't think the headline required the last three words. Hence the Patriots don't require his services.

Marshall will never win a Super Bowl period.

To each his own. If he doesn't want to play for under what he feels is his market value that's ok. Being a Patriot isn't for everyone. Not losing sleep over it. I do like the guys work on tv for the most part and admire how he was able to get his issues under control. "It is what it is" as some famous coach once said.

Unlike Revis, Marshall does not fight for balls. Thanks for the INT, Bwandon!

Marshall wants to be the face of a franchise. I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing, but when that comes over your desire to win, i think that's bad

I may have misinterpreted an interview with Martellus Bennett, but it was my understanding he didn't like Brandon Marshall. I know they had words with each other when Marshall was with the Bears. Marshall also comes across as the type of guy who blames the QB ala Terrell Owens. And at 32, I don't think he is the player he used to be. He was a good receiver but I don't think he was ever the receiver he thought he was either.

i dont think marshall has done a lot of QB blaming. I think more likely Marshal and Bennet's time together came at a point where marshal was just about to start to understand the mental issues he was suffering, which since getting help for, you will notice hes been out of the spotlight in terms of disgruntled WR's

marshall went from a diva trouble maker, to a relatively quiet dude that champions mental health issues.

Also im pretty sure hes on record as saying he's pretty close to being done in the league, so not a surprise that hes not looking to learn a difficult new system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back