Unacceptable! Prisco still wrong on #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

richpats

Banned
Reaction score
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9469847?topfifty53006

I just love this justification...

1. Peyton Manning, QB, Colts: A lot of people will argue with this choice, but his remains the most important position. When he finally does win a Super Bowl, he will finally get his due.

Nothing better than the promise of glory to raise your opinion about a player.

richpats said:

1. Peyton Manning, QB, Colts: A lot of people will argue with this choice, but his remains the most important position. When he finally does win a Super Bowl, he will finally get his due.

How many more Superbowls must TB win to rise up above a Priscoe "smidge"?

2. Tom Brady, QB, Patriots: He had an amazing season in 2005, carrying and offense without a running attack. He is right up there with Manning, just a smidge under him in the ratings.

fgssand said:
How many more Superbowls must TB win to rise up above a Priscoe "smidge"?

2. Tom Brady, QB, Patriots: He had an amazing season in 2005, carrying and offense without a running attack. He is right up there with Manning, just a smidge under him in the ratings.

I swear these idiots write these things to get more attention from the Boston sports market....no sane person would say that Manning is a better QB than Brady.

Its just rediculous.

Last edited by a moderator:
richpats said:

who cares ..its not the first time and it wont be the last time. surely we can see thru the archives to find and older post like this. this topic is getting boring ..brady-manning , brady-montana, manning-marino
prisco thrives on giving these out and people reacting to him via email...

All of the Media Hate all Boston teams if you look at the "Power Rankings" the patriots are almost always beaten but a team that has a worse record and the Red Sox are behind the Yankees in the "ranking" but have a better record. They talk about the "east coast bias" in reality is a New York bias any ideas why.

Last edited:
richpats said:

Why the surprise? Prisco has given Manning a virtual hand-job for years now. IF Manning wins one, this clown will deify Manning as the greatest QB in history.

This does not surprise or bother me.
Like Jackyroberts says, Prisco just loves Manning. Many people thought Manning was going to be a sure shot Hall of Fame ever since he was drafted.
To be fair, Manning has performed very well as the record books will attest.
Nobody in the NFL or anybody else for that matter, ever factored in the Belichick effect.
Not to take away from Tom Brady but I don't think he would prevail as he has without BB.
I'm not sure BB would prevail without TB.
I think it would be safe to say that if not for the NEP, the IC could very well have taken the Championship in 03 AND 04.
Guys like Prisco will continue to hold on and hope for thier boy to make the grade. After all, he keeps just missing but he'll surely get it one day.(Dan Marino)
I'll take Tom and the NEP, though.

>> before they choked away their chance to win a Super Bowl. <<

Yea...the guy who did all the choking was his lover boy...amazing how that keeps getting overlooked by these clowns.

Not only is he wrong but he isn't a very good journalist. He used the word "finally" twice in the same sentence. If you are going to be wrong about something, at least sound good doing it.

Holy Diver said:
I swear these idiots write these things to get more attention from the Boston sports market....no sane person would say that Manning is a better QB than Brady.

Its just rediculous.

This sounds like a thread I read on a scout.com board of a particular college sports team I follow. "Everyone likes (insert team name here) more than us. They just write this to get us upset."

It is funny to see that on just about every messageboard, except for the one where the team/player is on top.

363839 said:
This does not surprise or bother me.
Like Jackyroberts says, Prisco just loves Manning. Many people thought Manning was going to be a sure shot Hall of Fame ever since he was drafted.
To be fair, Manning has performed very well as the record books will attest.
Nobody in the NFL or anybody else for that matter, ever factored in the Belichick effect.
Not to take away from Tom Brady but I don't think he would prevail as he has without BB.
I'm not sure BB would prevail without TB.
I think it would be safe to say that if not for the NEP, the IC could very well have taken the Championship in 03 AND 04.
Guys like Prisco will continue to hold on and hope for thier boy to make the grade. After all, he keeps just missing but he'll surely get it one day.(Dan Marino)
I'll take Tom and the NEP, though.

Your answer brings to mind - would the Colts have won if they had BB and TB, or just one of them - either one, which one?

Since most people on this board think Brady is the best in the game today, I am wondering where you rank him all time. I will throw out a few names and you guys put him where you think he should go.

Montana
Elway
Marino
Stabauch
Unitas
Farve
Dawson
Simms
Kelly
Bradshaw
Aikman
Fouts
Tarkington
ect.

Don't list them in order or anything. Just name the ones you think are/were better than Brady

Peyton will never win a Super Bowl. Never. The reasons are two fold

1-He's the consumate choker who can't get it done in the most important games he plays in going back to his days in Knoxville.

2-The Colts have too much money committed on the offensive side of the ball.

Mr.Kilowatt said:
Since most people on this board think Brady is the best in the game today, I am wondering where you rank him all time. I will throw out a few names and you guys put him where you think he should go.

Montana
Elway
Marino
Stabauch
Unitas
Farve
Dawson
Simms
Kelly
Bradshaw
Aikman
Fouts
Tarkington
ect.

Don't list them in order or anything. Just name the ones you think are/were better than Brady

The only two that rank ahead of Brady in my book are:
1-Montana - 4 SBs to 3

2-Elway - Athletically superior to Brady

Brett Favre shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath as Brady. He throws about 20-25 picks a year. I like Fouts. His numbers are great but he never won the big one. Aikman is overrated, and always was. The amount of talent in the pre-cap era he had around him was obscene by today's standards. Same story with Bradshaw, and Bradshaw to me was always a dumb player. Not a lot rattling around in that guys skull. Len Dawson? Pu-leeze. Tarkington - great player but lost a bunch of SBs. Simms was a tough SOB but doesn't have the physical talent Brady does. Unitas was before my time. I'd rank Montana ahead of him any day. Jim Kelly. BB has said he didn't read defenses very well. Easy to game plan. No comparison with Brady. Staubach was awesome. He's a tough one to rank. Marino - lot of stats and not much to show for it. Not a champion.

Last edited:
SoonerPatriot said:
Peyton will never win a Super Bowl. Never. The reasons are two fold

1-He's the consumate choker who can't get it done in the most important games he plays in going back to his days in Knoxville.

2-The Colts have too much money committed on the offensive side of the ball.
I disagree. Yes, I'm with you on Paymetons being the quintessential choker, but he's led by a pretty big choking aficionado who allows him to, and even puts him in a position to, cough up the big one.

The fish rots from the head down. Watch Kansas City in the next few years. Imagine the Dolts replacing Dungy with Belichick. ...that's scary.

I say, if, God forbid, Indy dumps Dungy in favor of an HC that would/could take control of the Boy-Blunder (that's a Batman reference for you lurking Jests fans, not a comparison to your Noodlearm) and allow him (or force him) to be the QB and only the QB... and isn't so locked into his one and only gameplan that he refuses to make the necessary changes and adjustments come playoff time when the opponent has 16 tapes on you and knows what to expect... then that team could most certainly ride the impressive talent of Paymetons to a Super Bowl.

How Peyton could win a Super Bowl

In two years Polian hires Charlie Weis. Weis takes the reins from Peyton, calls the plays from the sidelines, makes the team run the ball consistently and puts Peyton's pass-happy ego in its place. This is the only scenario by which Peyton will win a SB. And even then it is under the assumption Brady takes a sabatical to study Renaissance art in Rome.

Look, it's obvious Tom Brady needs to work on raising his choke number.

SoonerPatriot said:
Brett Favre shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath as Brady. .

Interesting! I am not a Packer fan or even a Farve fan for that matter, but to say a sure fire first ballot HOF should not even be mentioned with Brady is kind of out there. I thought I would do a little comparison of the two. I am going to throw out the first year for both guys since farve played two games and Brady one.

Bradys first five years: Farves first five years: Check mark

Completions - 1,576 - 1,668 - Farve
Yards - 18,029 - 18,724 - Farve
TD- 123 - 147 - Farve
Int - 66 - 77 - Brady
SB wins 3 - 0 - Brady

If you look at the numbers they are pretty close. Sure Brady has the 3 Super Bowls, and Farve made it to the next 2 in his 6th and 7th year winning one. They both play in cold weather, and both are very durable. I am not saying one is better than the other. Just pointing out that maybe, just maybe Farve does measure up to Brady. Remember Farve has another ten years of stats and he pretty much dominated the league in mid to late 90's.

Last edited:
I place Brady above Manning right now. That's all I've got to say. It's a lot more fair to compare contemporaries than historical players. When Brady's career is done, and you can line up all his accomplishments (which are already considerable) then it will be fair to compare him to the all time greats.

Mr.Kilowatt said:

Montana
Elway
Marino
Stabauch
Unitas
Farve
Dawson
Simms
Kelly
Bradshaw
Aikman
Fouts
Tarkington
ect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes