PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ty Law has to be the answer, I mean right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

festy1986

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
The fact that the Pats have done nothing to help the secondary shows to me that they plan on doing it through free agency, because I like most of you are not comfirtible with the players we have.

Yea, we have the players that can get the job done. But two years in a row of injury after injury it's obvious we need depth and can use a few more good players.

There has to be a reason why defensive mind and draft genius BB is drafting all offensive players and not using them on defense.

Of corse he makes the best of the 7th round picks so obviously he will get the best player availible most of the times.

we have like 5 other threads about law should be with us now..

This thread has nothing to do with Law, I used Law in the thread title to get people to come in here and take a look.

Law is just one of the answers for the secondary help, this topic really is about why BB hasn't gone secondary in the draft.

I think Law is washed up at CB, but I could maybe see him at S.

we will not trade for Edwards..hes too smal..theres plenty small LBs we could have taken..i got flammed for saying lets take D'Qwell .. Donnie is smaller in weight

Law is the answer for the secondary. With 17 mil in cap space I hope BB and Law got something worked out. If Law returns the NE secondary gains instant credibility IMO.

JackBauer said:
I think Law is washed up at CB, but I could maybe see him at S.

He lead the NFL in INTS last season.

BradyBirdYazOrr said:
We will also trade for lb donnie edwards

No we won't, because he's already been released.

Triumph said:
He lead the NFL in INTS last season.

Which says nothing about his ability to play CB. If anything, it suggests that he was thrown at more often than Barrett, or whoever they start on the other side.

....the only way Ty Law is the answer is if he can really bulk up and play inside linebacker.

Law won't be back. Older, fatter, just as obnoxious and wants to be very highly paid. No thanks.

Don't know about LB

Bruschi
Vrabel
Colvin
Cain
Alexander
Claridge

That's 6 ones there.

One thing about rookie LBs is that most aren't smart enough to know what to do. Makes them tough to draft. I'm surprised he didn't take Mark Anderson of Alabama, but what do I know? Other teams didn't either. It's like a boycott.

JackBauer said:
Which says nothing about his ability to play CB. If anything, it suggests that he was thrown at more often than Barrett, or whoever they start on the other side.

Ask Brady and Belichick what it says. After Law took a Brady pass to the house for 6 the Pats rarely threw to Laws side of the field. That is effective play at CB by Law.

Law comes back from a serious injury not in the best shape and lead the NFL in INTS. Futhermore, the Jets had the 2nd ranked pass defense in the NFL last season per Football Outsiders. Law played a huge roll in that.

Law is not washed up by any stretch.

Triumph said:
Ask Brady and Belichick what it says. After Law took a Brady pass to the house for 6 the Pats rarely threw to Laws side of the field. That is effective play at CB by Law.

Law comes back from a serious injury not in the best shape and lead the NFL in INTS. Futhermore, the Jets had the 2nd ranked pass defense in the NFL last season per Football Outsiders. Law played a huge roll in that.

What about Tory James and Deltha O'Neal? They had a lot of INTs as well. Hardly what I'd call quality CBs (more like, overrated). What about thrown to/reception statistics?

Law made a good play against us last year. Color me convinced!

I'd take Law back, as much for the chemistry between him and Rodney as anything else. Will he return? I wouldn't count on it. But I WOULD like to see it.

Triumph said:

BB didn't spend 4 hours of his valuable time talking to a washed up player either. He and Ty never had THAT kind of relationship. If the money can be worked out and BB is comfortable with his rehab and his willingness to perhaps evolve into a safety down the road, I guarantee you BB would love to have the player back. He has lots of young talent in the secondary. He needs veteran leadership. Rodney is THE leader if he's back. But having players he dosn't have to mentor and think for to also play along side him just makes Rodney's life easier too.

Triumph said:
Ask Brady and Belichick what it says. After Law took a Brady pass to the house for 6 the Pats rarely threw to Laws side of the field.
This is not correct.

they only 2 like 2 more short passes underneath to Branch..

JackBauer said:
No we won't, because he's already been released.

Donnie edwards hasn't been released, he's still with the chargers.
He also may be small, but he still gets it done. Hes had 100+ tackles every year except for his rookie year back in 96. Including having 150+ the last the seasons. Its hard to argue with his numbers.

Mcbee wrote:

"Don't know about LB

Bruschi
Vrabel
Colvin
Cain
Alexander
Claridge

That's 6 ones there."

My questions is: How many of those 6 willingly play ILB? We're gonna need at least 3 and possibly 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News