Welcome to PatsFans.com

Two Terps On Patriots’ Radar

Discussion in 'Patriots Draft Talk' started by KDPPatsfan85, Apr 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KDPPatsfan85

KDPPatsfan85 Rookie

Ratings:
    +106 / 1 / -6

#51 Jersey

New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick attended a private workout at the University of Maryland this past week for cornerback Kevin Barnes and linebacker Moise Fokou, according to Mike Reiss of the Boston Globe.

Barnes is a hard-hitting cornerback who turned in the fastest short shuttle, a 3.96 clocking, at the NFL Scouting Combine.

He also has the ability to play safety and recorded 100 career tackles and six interceptions for the Terrapins.

Fokou is regarded as a middle to later-round draft pick with good mobility, registering a 4.75 time in the 40-yard dash.

A two-year starter at Maryland, Fokou posted 252 career tackles and 8 1/2 sacks with one interception.

ProFootballTalk.com - Two Terps On Patriots’ Radar
  2. Brady'sButtBoy

Brady'sButtBoy Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 3 / -1

#12 Jersey

This can't be right. BB would never draft a twerp, ever!

I can't be the only one who at first glance saw "Two Twerps on Patriots' Radar." Pardon my spanglish. :D
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2009
  3. VJCPatriot

VJCPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +52 / 1 / -4

I like Barnes. Excellent agility and one of the smartest CBs in this year's draft. Scored a 41 in the wonderlic. He certainly sounds like a Patriot type player in the 3rd-4th round area.
  4. WhiZa

WhiZa Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Fokou (am I pronouncing it correctly? :)) size doesn't seem to fit into the Pats D, but Barnes looks like a better fit. To me he's more of a safety, but that's for BB to decide.
  5. Patriot Missile

Patriot Missile Rookie

Ratings:
    +128 / 4 / -2

#75 Jersey

Barnes does sound like a Patriots type player. Sometimes value to us doesn't mean the same to the big man. If Belichick thinks this guy will contribute early on ST's and nickel packages I would bet we would see him drafted in the third or 4th round unless of course something better comes along.
  6. VJCPatriot

VJCPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +52 / 1 / -4

CBS Sports has Barnes ranked #70. So that's certainly 3rd round territory. where he actually goes depends on the flow of the draft and if there's a run on CBs or not. I'm guessing there will be run on OL and Linebackers at some point as those are the deep looking areas of the draft.
  7. Blizzzard

Blizzzard Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

#54 Jersey

My brain saw that too...lol
  8. 5jerodmayoisiron1

5jerodmayoisiron1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I like Barnes. 3rd rounder with potentially good value. South Carolina's Jasper Brinkley is another player I find in this category too. Only he likely projects to be in the 2nd, I believe.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.