Two Sox employees implicated in PED use

Real World

Reaction score
Whoops.

Two Sox employees implicated in PED use

Security staff members dismissed in September 2008

By John Schlegel / MLB.com

08/02/09 10:17 AM ET

Two members of the Red Sox security staff reportedly were let go in September 2008 after being implicated in steroid use and becoming the subjects of a Major League Baseball investigation into performance-enhancing drugs.

The Boston Globe reported Sunday that the club dismissed security staffers Nicholas Alex Cyr and Jared Remy, the son of Red Sox broadcaster and former player Jerry Remy, following a July 2008 incident in which Massachusetts State Police found a vial of steroids in Cyr's car.

Cyr was found by authorities sleeping in his car on the side of a road after attending a Josh Beckett charity bowling event, and the police found a vial of the steroid Anadrol, according to the report. Cyr told police Remy had supplied him with the steroids.

Remy has denied being the supplier, but the Globe reported that he acknowledged in interviews that he has been a steroid user.

Two Sox employees implicated in PED use | MLB.com: News

However, Remy told the newspaper he had discussions about steroids with a former personal assistant of David Ortiz, who along with former teammate Manny Ramirez was reported by the New York Times this past week to be among the 104 players who tested positive for performance-enhancing drugs in 2003 anonymous survey testing.

What I find most fascinating about this story is the picture of Jared Remy ... not what I would expect.
This story is furthur squeeze on the Sox. One of these lawyers is a Yankees fan? Devil Ray fan?
Red Sox nation hater ... like a DC Baltimore Oriole fan who hates the Sox using their field like it's home field?

Anyways ... the photo:

iS4

Jared Remy moves to center of Red Sox steroid probe

Last edited:
What I find most fascinating about this story is the picture of Jared Remy ... not what I would expect.
This story is furthur squeeze on the Sox. One of these lawyers is a Yankees fan? Devil Ray fan?
Red Sox nation hater ... like a DC Baltimore Oriole fan who hates the Sox using their field like it's home field?

Anyways ... the photo:

iS4

Jared Remy moves to center of Red Sox steroid probe

Isn't his dad a little guy? Not what I imagined either.

Isn't his dad a little guy? Not what I imagined either.

Maybe gets his frame(minus steroids) from his mom's side? :confused::D

Maybe gets his frame(minus steroids) from his mom's side? :confused::D

I've seen Remy's wife in a commercial ... she's rather thin and about Remy's size. This guy was doing some big time steroids or his parents are the exception in both families in terms of body type. In any case ... this happened what a year and a half ago and his father Jerry is fighting lung cancer ... got to be a tough time as Jerry is a great Red Sox Nation guy. Bringing shame to the organization cannot be easy at all. We can't dictate our kids lives ... but their actions affects ours for the good and the bad. I can't see where this helps Jerry's well being at all.

I've seen Remy's wife in a commercial ... she's rather thin and about Remy's size. This guy was doing some big time steroids or his parents are the exception in both families in terms of body type. In any case ... this happened what a year and a half ago and his father Jerry is fighting lung cancer ... got to be a tough time as Jerry is a great Red Sox Nation guy. Bringing shame to the organization cannot be easy at all. We can't dictate our kids lives ... but their actions affects ours for the good and the bad. I can't see where this helps Jerry's well being at all.

His son knew what he was doing and knew what would happen and the shame that it would bring- but he did it anyway.

The victim in this is his father, it's been a terrible year for him and this just makes it worse.

His son knew what he was doing and knew what would happen and the shame that it would bring- but he did it anyway.

The victim in this is his father, it's been a terrible year for him and this just makes it worse.

Yes ... absolutely sad for Jerry and family.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back