PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

TRUTH & RUMORS: Latest offseason updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chargers GM A.J. Smith said that the Pats haven't shown interest in San Diego linebacker Donnie Edwards, who's been on the trading block since before the draft. -- Providence Journal

kinda sux
although you never know

patsfan55 said:
kinda sux
although you never know

What do you mean? Isn't this code for "We're about to sign him."

I don't get this Edwards thing anyway. Why does it 'kinda suck' that they don't appear to have any interest?

Do any of us truly know that he would be the right fit for the Patriots at this time? Whether he would in any way fit into the Pats plans for that position, both in the short and long term? Whether his salary would be justified within the context of what he could bring to the team? No, none of us truly know that. There will be many who claim to know, but with all due respect, you have to consider the source. Speculation is just that.....speculation (which is what fans do, and I get that). But to be honest, anybody that's speaking definitively on this issue (or any other) is speaking out of their *ss. That should at least be noted.

All we know is that he's been a very solid pro for a long time, and he's a very recognizable name. We've all seen him play dozens of times. So we sit and wait (and even expect) the Patriots to make a trade for him, with little consideration of all the factors that go into building a complete roster. And if they don't get him, there will be thread after thread criticizing them for their 'inaction'. Regardless of whether or not the team ever really considered him an option.

Does anybody really doubt that this team's first priority is putting the best possible team on the field so that it may compete annually for the championship? I cannot imagine how anybody could arrive at a different conclusion after all they've accomplished. If they believe getting Donnie Edwards is the way to do that, then they will make every effort to acquire him. Doesn't mean they'll be able to, but they certainly would make the effort if that's the way they felt, and I don't know what else we can ask from them.

But they may simply feel that isn't the right direction for them at this point, and once again I'll make the argument that they have more than earned our trust with their body of work.

Pats67 said:
I don't get this Edwards thing anyway. Why does it 'kinda suck' that they don't appear to have any interest?

When i read that they had no interest ... I was glad. :)
Just can't get behind this sentiment of getting an aging LBer when PATs just let go an aging LBer. :nono:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News