PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

TRUTH & RUMORS: Dallas enters Lelie race

Status
Not open for further replies.

broadwayjoe

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/scorecard/08/10/truth.rumors.nfl/index.html

Patriots owner Robert Kraft said yesterday Adam Vinatieri's decision to leave remains personally disappointing to him. -- Boston Globe

You are not alone Mr. Kraft

Defensive tackle Manny Wright said Wednesday night that he has asked the Dolphins for his release because he has battled emotional problems and wants a fresh start with another team. -- Miami Herald

This is the kid that was crying in camp last year I think.

Manny Wright - this is a winner.

You should change the name of the thread to "Dallas could enter Lelie Race". It doesn't say they are in it yet.

The Cowboys have more WR's than anybody.

Poor Drew.

Terry Glen and TO. And now maybe Fred Ex and Lelie.

First the Bills and now this. What a sad way to end a promising career.

Don't forget our old buddy "Fred Ex" is trying out down in Dallas LOL.

CrazyDave said:
Don't forget our old buddy "Fred Ex" is trying out down in Dallas LOL.

Nope. Came in for a physical earlier this week, 'Boys made no offer.

texpat said:
Nope. Came in for a physical earlier this week, 'Boys made no offer.
I take it the physical included a psychiatric evaluation? lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Manuel Wright suffers from despression.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

POSTED 4:32 p.m. EDT, August 10, 2006

SABAN WON'T RELEASE WRIGHT

Dolphins coach Nick Saban addressed the request of defensive tackle Manny Wright to be released from the team, due to Wright's struggles with clinical depression.

And Wright might find Saban's position to be downright, well, disappointing.

"Our players do not determine what their outcome is relative to their future," Saban said, according to the South Florida Sun-Sentinel. "We don't have any of this stuff, 'When it doesn't work here, let me go someplace else.' That's not how it is. If you're not capable, we'll certainly support you and help you. But if you're not interested in doing that, then we determine your fate. You don't."

The irony in Saban's statement is that his team acquired the services of quarterback Daunte Culpepper for a bargain-basement second-round pick because Culpepper basically willed his way out of Minnesota. Then again, if the Vikings had talked a little tougher about Culpepper in advance of doing a deal, the price tag might have been higher than a two.

And that's really what Saban is doing, in our view. He wants other teams who might be interested in trading for Wright to believe that Wright won't be cut. That, in theory, drives up the trade value.

POSTED 11:16 p.m. EDT, August 9, 2006

MANNY WANTS OUT OF MIAMI

Jeff Darlington of the Palm Beach Post reports that Dolphins defensive tackle Manny Wright is battling depression, and wants out of South Florida.

Wright has asked the team to trade him or waive him so that he can get a fresh start elsewhere.

"It's my choice," Wright said. "Like I told coach Saban, I don't want to cause any problems for the team. I didn't want to give him any bad press, so I have just kept to myself. They have a real good team and I think they're going to do great things this year. But me, personally, I just need a fresh start."

Wright had been on medication for his condition, but it made him feel fatigued. Consequently, he quit taking it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference