PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Troy Brown's Top 5 Plays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murphys95

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Hey gang, on our latest webcast we salute lifelong Patriot Troy Brown and select our top 5 favorite plays in his career. We break down the top 5 and even include audio highlights. Here’s the link:

http://www.murphysfans.com/audioblog.htm

Just click “listen now†for streaming audio (you do not have to download the mp3 to listen). Other topics on the show include a rant on the World Cup.

If you haven’t listened to our radio show, check it out, we think you’ll be surprised. It’s our little corner of Patriots Nation down here in Washington, DC.

Here are 2..............

let's see......
I can think of two big ones right off.....the bomb in OT against Miami that was the winning points in 03..... and in 96?? Last agme of the yaer against the Giants..I remember a screen pass thrown to him where he out muscled a Giant CB for the ball..basically taking it away from him and preventing an interception..THAT play may have been the best!!!!

Murphys95 said:
Hey gang, on our latest webcast we salute lifelong Patriot Troy Brown and select our top 5 favorite plays in his career. We break down the top 5 and even include audio highlights. Here’s the link:

http://www.murphysfans.com/audioblog.htm

Just click “listen now†for streaming audio (you do not have to download the mp3 to listen). Other topics on the show include a rant on the World Cup.

If you haven’t listened to our radio show, check it out, we think you’ll be surprised. It’s our little corner of Patriots Nation down here in Washington, DC.

#1 punt return TD vs Pitt in 01 AFCC
#2 Int vs Bledsoe, easy pick but still great moment

id also have to go with his catch in the SB vs the Rams. It was that catch and run that put us in FG position.

One of the most memorable HAS to be the catch from flat on his back in the game vs. the Giants where the Pats came back to win. That was ridiculous.

Flat on his back! That was one of the most amazing catches i've ever seen! Wasn't that one against the Jets in 2001 though? I could be wrong, but what an awesome player he's been for us.

It was against the Giants, and that was the one I immediately thought of when I read the post. it was pretty amazing

Ian

desi-patsfan said:
id also have to go with his catch in the SB vs the Rams. It was that catch and run that put us in FG position.

What I like about that play is how he abused the lack of discipline by the Rams. I assume most here have watched and memorized 3 games to glory. It goes into detail about how the LB left his zone to jump another route leaving the middle wide open

Re: Here are 2..............

Pats726 said:
let's see......
I can think of two big ones right off.....the bomb in OT against Miami that was the winning points in 03..... and in 96?? Last agme of the yaer against the Giants..I remember a screen pass thrown to him where he out muscled a Giant CB for the ball..basically taking it away from him and preventing an interception..THAT play may have been the best!!!!

Good calls. Both are on our top 5. We delve into the specifics surrounding each play. In fact, we play the sound clip for the 82 yarder versus Miami - one of the best calls ever!

blocked kick/handoff pitt playoff 2001.

You guys nailed 'em!

Here's our top 5 (with honorable mentions):

5. November 2004 - Troy Brown's interception of Drew Bledsoe.

4. January 2002 - the 2001 AFC Championship 55 yd punt return for touchdown vs. Pittsburgh.

3. December 1996 - versus New York Giants, Brown caught a 13 yard pass for a first down while lying flat on his back.

2. February 2002 - 4th quarter catch in Super Bowl XXXVI. 23 yard pass reception to put the Patriots in FG range.

1. October 2003 - versus the Dolphins in Miami, Troy Brown catches an 82 yard overtime td reception

Honorable mentions: a. Troy's "immaculate reception" versus the Atlanta Falcons in 2001 (tipped ball turned 44 yard touchdown). b. Brown's recovery of a blocked field goal and subsequent lateral to Antowain Harris in the '01 AFC Championship.

Again, on the show we go into a lot more detail on each play.

Murphys95 said:
You guys nailed 'em!

Here's our top 5 (with honorable mentions):

5. November 2004 - Troy Brown's interception of Drew Bledsoe.

4. January 2002 - the 2001 AFC Championship 55 yd punt return for touchdown vs. Pittsburgh.

3. December 1996 - versus New York Giants, Brown caught a 13 yard pass for a first down while lying flat on his back.

2. February 2002 - 4th quarter catch in Super Bowl XXXVI. 23 yard pass reception to put the Patriots in FG range.

1. October 2003 - versus the Dolphins in Miami, Troy Brown catches an 82 yard overtime td reception

Honorable mentions: a. Troy's "immaculate reception" versus the Atlanta Falcons in 2001 (tipped ball turned 44 yard touchdown). b. Brown's recovery of a blocked field goal and subsequent lateral to Antowain Harris in the '01 AFC Championship.

Again, on the show we go into a lot more detail on each play.
Man, I would love to see video of those.

patsox23 said:
One of the most memorable HAS to be the catch from flat on his back in the game vs. the Giants where the Pats came back to win. That was ridiculous.

I remember that play, too.
Ridiculously awesome.

I remember a return he made in the 99 season last game or next to last but I remember he went upfield and came up on a defender, looked left and right and then just forearmed the guy and just plowed him over and picked up some more yardage.
All that for a losing season and a losing game. What heart!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes