PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trey Flowers to be released by the Lions

Judon and Flowers as DEs in a 4 man front would be a good pairing.
This may be why Van Noy was released.

I wouldn't mind only if he was cheap and the Pats transitioned to a 4-3 where he was an End opposite of Judon. At worst, he would protect the edge better on early downs. He'll have no market. He'll be back in NE.

I'm curious as to how much interest Trey will draw among the league and at what price. He still is just 28 years old, will teams with past Pats connections pursue him?

Here are the top edge FAs. A lot of older dudes. Maybe draft one.

SmartSelect_20220310-185448_Firefox.jpg

He has no reason to have high contract demands. Low risk, high reward. Release him after training camp if we need to.

Hey Ken, I'm not actually sure why it got locked either. It might've been an accident. I just unlocked it and merged your thread into it.
fine. It just seemed so odd.

Thanks

Yes to this.

You saw how our edge rush looked when Judon fell off late in the season.

Flowers (and hopefully one of Perkins/Uche/Wino stepping up) solves that issue.

It's said that BB Drafts smart players we'll see that put to test with Flowers next destination. Flowers wasn't injury proned here and him playing and making a name for himself on a BB Defense got him those $$$$.

I'd rather take Jermaine Johnson in the 1st round.

Not sure why judon is given a pass. He over pursued so many times allowing qbs to run.

Judon and Flowers as DEs in a 4 man front would be a good pairing.
This may be why Van Noy was released.
WHo are the interior run stoppers in this scenario? Last year we played 3 DT and Judon /KVN and couldn’t stop the run

Flowers God Williams Barmore Judon with be my 5 linemen not completely like last year but a bit similar
Vander Esch at MLB

I just hope he still has something left in the tank.

He’s 28 and will be relatively cheap. He has success in NE and only left because he commanded massive $. Patricia and BB clearly value his skills and there is no reason to believe they won’t seriously discuss a return.

Will he be a success ? I suspect health will play a big part. But, since I predict he won’t be the most coveted FA, even if things go poorly, NE should be able to move on.

I welcome the move if it happens.

I'm sure Lions fans don't like him because he reminds them of Patricia's tenure there (being the marquee FA they brought in that first year). But his production was actually good his first year in Detroit, on par with what he did here in NE. It dropped off the next two years due to injury and then probably not being a great fit for Dan Campbell's system. But the bottom line was, in a Belichick style defense (either with BB or Patricia), he was good. If his injuries check out and he's not commanding a lot of money, this is a no brainer to me, much like Van Noy was last offseason.

WHo are the interior run stoppers in this scenario? Last year we played 3 DT and Judon /KVN and couldn’t stop the run

Flowers God Williams Barmore Judon with be my 5 linemen not completely like last year but a bit similar
Vander Esch at MLB
We didn’t play 3 DTs.

That's nice. Too bad the Pats aren't going to resign him...or they shouldn't.

I think he was really productive with us but hes been so injury prone the last few years..All depends on the $$

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back