PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Too early to forget the name Cedric Cobbs

Status
Not open for further replies.

drew4008

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Rocky Mountain News, reports Denver Broncos RB Cedric Cobbs will get a long look from the team in training camp. Despite spending 2005 on the practice squad, Cobbs has intrigued the Broncos. Head coach Mike Shanahan has already said: "Very talented, very talented. (He's) 235 pounds and looks skinny. (He's) a guy that we had ranked very high coming out in the draft. He looked very impressive on our scout team. He's got the ability to come in and compete."

Last edited:
drew4008 said:
Rocky Mountain News, reports Denver Broncos RB Cedric Cobbs will get a long look from the team in training camp. Despite spending 2005 on the practice squad, Cobbs has intrigued the Broncos. Head coach Mike Shanahan has already said: "Very talented, very talented. (He's) 235 pounds and looks skinny. (He's) a guy that we had ranked very high coming out in the draft. He looked very impressive on our scout team. He's got the ability to come in and compete."

interesting
if hes given a shot we all know he'll get 1,000 yds
as everyone and their grandmother do in that denver backfield

Grrrr.. Who know's what he would of done had he stayed here? But given Denver's track record with Running Backs I see no reason why Cobb's won't look like a stud behind the great run blocking schemes. I just don't want to hear any critics call the Pat's out, because to be honest it's not fair. If they can make Rueben Droughns look like Eric ****erson what's to stop them from making Cobb's look like a sensation? This is one of those cut's that I will not come back and say "what if" until he does it in a uniform besides a Bronco's.

Patriot Missile said:
Grrrr.. Who know's what he would of done had he stayed here? But given Denver's track record with Running Backs I see no reason why Cobb's won't look like a stud behind the great run blocking schemes. I just don't want to hear any critics call the Pat's out, because to be honest it's not fair. If they can make Rueben Droughns look like Eric ****erson what's to stop them from making Cobb's look like a sensation? This is one of those cut's that I will not come back and say "what if" until he does it in a uniform besides a Bronco's.

i agree with everything except the droughns knock

did you see him for cleveland last yr?
apparently not

Yeah I saw him a few games. Apparently the guy still hasn't lost his touch of fumbling the ball. Didn't he lead the league again? Hence the Browns lack of faith in him at goal line situations. 2 TD's to go with 309 carries. Granted he hit's the holes and run's hard. His 1200 yards was impressive.

Apparently he is a solid NFL back. And no, I never knocked Droughns. All I did was make a comparison. Had Droughns played the entire season as the starter for Denver and not missed all of September and most of the last month due to his benching for small hands, he would of been looking at 1600+ yards. Again,his hands are the only knock I have with the guy.

Also wears down

Patriot Missile said:
Yeah I saw him a few games. Apparently the guy still hasn't lost his touch of fumbling the ball. Didn't he lead the league again? Hence the Browns lack of faith in him at goal line situations. 2 TD's to go with 309 carries. Granted he hit's the holes and run's hard. His 1200 yards was impressive.

Apparently he is a solid NFL back. And no, I never knocked Droughns. All I did was make a comparison. Had Droughns played the entire season as the starter for Denver and not missed all of September and most of the last month due to his benching for small hands, he would of been looking at 1600+ yards. Again,his hands are the only knock I have with the guy.

Hands not the only issue. He can't carry the load for 16 games. Last year in Cleveland over the first 11 games his average game was 19.2 Att for 85.5 Yds (4.5 Avg) Over the last 5 games he averaged 19.6 Att for 58.2 Yds (3.0 Avg). In three of those 5 games he was held to under 3.0 per attempt (2.9, 2.9 and 2.1)

The poor o-line had something to do with it but Droughns still needs to step up

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe