PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Menino, former mayor of Boston, passes away

Status
Not open for further replies.
My father lost his battle with cancer June 12th,2003. Mass Gen. ****ed me up for a long time. Prayers and strength to the Menino Family.

RIP Mayor Menino. I ran into him on the street in New Orleans in 2001 on the day of the Superbowl. He seemed genuinely pleased that I recognized him (he was walking along a back street with a MA state trooper, no one else around) and we exchanged "Go Patriots!" cheers. He was obviously a big sports fan (despite his hilarious mispronounciations of players' names) and seemed like a really good guy. Boston will miss him...

Julius Andelman is MVP

Wow, that was quick.
He was in public last week and it was just announced that they were switching to palliative care.
He worked until the end. High energy man. Big legacy.

I just saw a pic of him at Boston University from 2 weeks ago at a book signing. He looked pretty good to me.

It's amazing how quickly one can go when cancer is involved. It also speaks volumes as to how lucky we all are to have this wonderful opportunity, even if many here (including myself) don't always show enough appreciation on a day-to-day basis.

• Agree
Reactions: PP2
Go Gonk win it for Mumbles !!!

Tom Menino, former mayor of Boston, "Mayor Mumbles," known for his stumbling and mumbling, and to sports fans for his infamous botching of sports names and events, passed away today, after a short bout with cancer.

He infamously infuriated Pats fans when he dedicated the Bobby Orr statue, saying that the famous Orr goal was right up there with other great sports moment such as when:

His other known flubs include pleading Red Sox fans to be responsible when the team

He has also referred to Wilfork as "Wilcock," Welker as "Weckler," Gostkowski as "Grabowski," and Gronk as "Gonk."

He also nearly dropped the Red Sox World Championship trophy.

His malapropisms were not just limited to sports, but ran the gamut- an example:
The guy led with his heart. He's sort of like George Bush II. Not an evil man, just one prone to bad public speaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye