PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady reaching rare air, like Michael Jordan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mehta was still a jackass in the article saying that Brady knew about the deflated footballs. What an idiot. Duh, math and science is hard. Moron.

One characteristic that both Brady and Jordan share is a chip on their should with an elite competitive fire. Jordan was able to evolve his game as he began losing his athleticism because he continued to work so hard to improve his game despite being on top. The same is true of Brady. He never stops talking about trying to improve and he's fanatical in his training and preparation.

He must seriously believe the Jest are going to win this Sunday

Except Brady wasn't a dbag and a terrible teammate. Also tired of hearing how MJ is far and away the GOAT because Nike said so. Disrespectful to Wilt, Russell, and Kareem who also have great arguments for GOAT status.

I think what gives Brady his longevity is not just his physical attributes but his intelligence. Brady's ability to read defenses and make the correct adjustments kept him from making desperate long pass attempts that are statistically low success rate...also kept him from getting killed by defenses by way of qb hits or sacks. I'm not saying he didn't get hit but maybe not as much as would have been had he not possess this ability
Of course I could be wrong and there is something I am totally missing.
May he rein another 10 years in NE! Long live the King!

Except Brady wasn't a dbag and a terrible teammate. Also tired of hearing how MJ is far and away the GOAT because Nike said so. Disrespectful to Wilt, Russell, and Kareem who also have great arguments for GOAT status.

Taking the conversation in a different direction but trying to make the same point.

I contend that if you were to drop Bill Russell in the NBA in 2002 and between that year and 2015 he wins 11 of 13 championships then the narrative becomes "MJ is a more gifted individual player but Russell sacrifices individual stats and achievement and makes the team better which in a team sport like basketball is all that matters.". That is what makes him the GoAT.

My dad is in his 70s and played college hoops (hes no one famous) and knows the game. He has seen Russell play dozens of times and contends that while he didn't have the offensive talent of Wilt, Bob Pettit, Jabbar, etc he could have been a 25-30ppg scorer if he wanted to. In his opinion his offensive abilities were very similar to Tim Duncan/Robert Parish's...which is pretty freaking good.

The same goes for Brady. His numbers are still sick but if you put him in those Colt offenses of the 2000s, his statistical bank account would be higher.

Last edited:
There must be a breach in the Matrix today in NYC. In the same edition of the Daily News, Gary Myers, without any of his usual "qualifications," wrote that Brady is "the best quarterback in NFL history."

Interesting article all around. Concludes with:

"Even though Parcells selected Chad Pennington in the first round in 2000, Jets highly respected scout Jesse Kaye pleaded with him to draft Brady before he eventually went to New England in the sixth round. Parcells disagreed."

Makes me nervous.

Myers: Darrelle Revis vs. Tom Brady showdown counts again

I think there was a time when Brady would have been happy to retire with four Lombardi's but that time has passed. Imo the behavior of Montana pissed Brady off to no end, and combined with the way he has been drawn and quartered by the media as a whole has lit a bonfire under his ass that won't go out until he has six or more SB rings to shove in Montana's face. He has the team and program around him to give him the opportunity to go where no player has ever gone, in particular no QB, and he will retire with the most wins, most playoff wins, most SB wins, and most SB MVP's.

Right now Favre has the most regular season wins, at 186. Manning is 1 behind him at 185, and will pass him this season but that will be all for him and he will likely end up in the low 190's. Brady is at 165 right now and will end the season in the 170's and he will pass Manning in two more seasons, which most now realize he will play. I think he will become the first QB to top 200 regular season wins. Brady is already the leader in playoff wins at 21 and has a shot at becoming the first QB to win 30 or more playoff games, although that will be a tough plateau to reach, even the way he is going. And Brady obviously is already tied with Montana and Bradshaw at four rings and has a good shot at bypassing both before he hangs them up.

If the Patriots go to the AFCCG this season that will be Brady' s tenth appearance in the conference championship, that alone is amazing.

There must be a breach in the Matrix today in NYC. In the same edition of the Daily News, Gary Myers, without any of his usual "qualifications," wrote that Brady is "the best quarterback in NFL history."

Interesting article all around. Concludes with:

"Even though Parcells selected Chad Pennington in the first round in 2000, Jets highly respected scout Jesse Kaye pleaded with him to draft Brady before he eventually went to New England in the sixth round. Parcells disagreed."

Makes me nervous.

Myers: Darrelle Revis vs. Tom Brady showdown counts again

Why would that be confusing?

Amazon product ASIN 0804139377

I think a lot of us are underestimating just how much TB loves football and winning games. Let's assume all the bogus "-gates' never happened, no one ever slighted any of his abilities throughout his career-while those things add a small level of extra motivation- that's not why he wants to continue to play. He LOVES football- and he might be the most competitive athlete, along with mj, I've ever seen. And he's playing maybe the best ball of his life. So why WOULDNT he want to keep playing as long as possible? I think all the other so-called motivating factors some fans project on him, the slights, the phony scandals are pretty minor to TB compared to what REALLY- motivated him- the pure sheer joy of the game and winning. Anyone who's ever played a sport and worked hard at it knows what I'm talking about.

In fairness to PM, hes played 3 full seasons more than TB and has had multiple neck surgeries. With that said, age is age.

I'm waiting for the HGH accusations to start flying. I'm dead serious.

What do you think the "Brady's Personal Trainer has a Shady Past" stories were setting the groundwork for? Plus, from what I've read here, Felger has been hinting at this for a while.

What do you think the "Brady's Personal Trainer has a Shady Past" stories were setting the groundwork for? Plus, from what I've read here, Felger has been hinting at this for a while.

I don't know what to make of him, TBH. The Curran article that talks about his visit with Guerreo seems like hes a legit PT/massage therapist. I'm open minded about eastern medicine but his past business dealings do portray him as a bit of a snake oil salesman.

Yes- Felger has been making veiled accusations which is typical of him. I'm waiting for a national, NFL loyalist to start throwing muck around. It's a matter of time IMO. Sad.

I don't know what to make of him, TBH. The Curran article that talks about his visit with Guerreo seems like hes a legit PT/massage therapist. I'm open minded about eastern medicine but his past business dealings do portray him as a bit of a snake oil salesman.

Yes- Felger has been making veiled accusations which is typical of him. I'm waiting for a national, NFL loyalist to start throwing muck around. It's a matter of time IMO. Sad.

I heard Felger say something along the lines of speculating that Brady better be careful not to take or drink something provided to him by Guerro, in case he may not be aware of what could be in it... I cannot for one second believe Brady would ever be that stupid..

just superstitious i guess...whenever mehta and myers say nice things about the patriots on the same day i get nervous.

You didn't click on the link - - Gary Myers wrote a recently published book about Brady and personally friendly with him and his dad.

- - - it kind of explains why he is pro-Brady (however, he is very anti BB).

You didn't click on the link - - Gary Myers wrote a recently published book about Brady and personally friendly with him and his dad.

- - - it kind of explains why he is pro-Brady (however, he is very anti BB).
No, I knew that and actually plan to buy the book (when it's in the discount pile). I've met him and exchanged friendly emails with him as a Daily News subscriber but he's taken plenty of shots at Brady in the past. I think he must have been changed during the process of writing that book as he was a far more vocal supporter of Brady throughout the spring and summer than the MCI or CHB.

I heard Felger say something along the lines of speculating that Brady better be careful not to take or drink something provided to him by Guerro, in case he may not be aware of what could be in it... I cannot for one second believe Brady would ever be that stupid..
I would agree with Felger. Tom seems pretty strident in his faith of this guy but man...its a bad look, IMO.

No, I knew that and actually plan to buy the book (when it's in the discount pile). I've met him and exchanged friendly emails with him as a Daily News subscriber but he's taken plenty of shots at Brady in the past. I think he must have been changed during the process of writing that book as he was a far more vocal supporter of Brady throughout the spring and summer than the MCI or CHB.

Maybe he has, but never seen it. I HAVE seen him basically call BB the Devil's Own on many occasions, however.

The 4 most dominant players in their sport are Jordan-NBA, Gretzky-NHL, Brady-NFL and Ruth-MLB. Here is my ranking for the most dominant.

1. Gretzky (4 Cups, 5 finals) - NHL. The stats are mind-blowing and no one comes close.
2. Brady (4 SBs, - 6 finals) - NFL. The consistency of the Pats year after year with basically 3 generations of NFL players
3. Jordan (6 SBs - 6 finals) -NBA. the most clutch player out of the group
4. Ruth (7 WS, - 10 finals). MLB. Did it all, but in baseball, one player makes the smalles impact out of the other sports.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore