PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

To the PatsFans Mods..Please give these Charger fans a taste of their own medicine

Status
Not open for further replies.

theONLYJerseypatsfan

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Anytime any of us go onto a chargers message board we are quickly banned despite not saying anything trollish or mean. Please teach this influx of chargers bandwagoners a lesson and start banning and deleting them and their posts....they are not adding anything useful, knowledgeable or insightful to any of these threads.

And just so you know, Pats win 31-7.............................tomlinson cries

Re: To the PatsFans Mods..Please give these Charger fans a taste of their own medicin

Just because they're pr*cks, doesn't mean that ppl on here have to act likewise, now does it ?

Last edited:
Re: To the PatsFans Mods..Please give these Charger fans a taste of their own medicin

I spent the day on Bolt Talk yesterday, despite my attempts to continually come back to football talk, I was bated into a couple of smack talk exchanges, and find out this morning that I've been banned. Honestly, I defended myself when one of their less intelligent posters suggested my son might not be mine, I retaliated with a not so nice version of his name (his name is PhillyBoltFan, I called him PhillyBoltPh*ck, and typed it just like that). That is the worst thing I did, and it was in a Smack Talk thread, and for that I've been banned.

Every time I brought up a salient football point, the response would contain no counter argument, and comments of cheatriots, belicheat, spygate, blah, blah blah. I don't feel like I'm missing a lot by not being on there anymore.

Having said all of this, I don't think it's necessary to retaliate in kind, this board can be bigger than that.

Good fans from another team here to talk football should not be banned. We should not stoop to the level of other less informed message boards IMO. It's boring just to have to listen to a bunch of Pats homers (myself included of course) without any feedback to keep us on our toes.

Anytime any of us go onto a chargers message board we are quickly banned despite not saying anything trollish or mean. Please teach this influx of chargers bandwagoners a lesson and start banning and deleting them and their posts....they are not adding anything useful, knowledgeable or insightful to any of these threads.

And just so you know, Pats win 31-7.............................tomlinson cries

I don't know the situation over there, but over here we allow respectful and informative contributions from visiting teams' fans. Why would we want our posters to be cheated out of quality give and take? Because THEIR board wants to keep their heads in the sand?

The minute they talk smack here (vs. in the VLR) they're gone. We've had several good SD fan contributors here like Sanvara, SDBoltsfan, CSfoster, etc. We HAVE had to ban approx. 90% of the SD idiots who come here to mainly flame, but the good ones are appreciated.

I spent the day on Bolt Talk yesterday, despite my attempts to continually come back to football talk, I was bated into a couple of smack talk exchanges, and find out this morning that I've been banned. Honestly, I defended myself when one of their less intelligent posters suggested my son might not be mine, I retaliated with a not so nice version of his name (his name is PhillyBoltFan, I called him PhillyBoltPh*ck, and typed it just like that). That is the worst thing I did, and it was in a Smack Talk thread, and for that I've been banned.

Every time I brought up a salient football point, the response would contain no counter argument, and comments of cheatriots, belicheat, spygate, blah, blah blah. I don't feel like I'm missing a lot by not being on there anymore.

Having said all of this, I don't think it's necessary to retaliate in kind, this board can be bigger than that.

Guys, the Mantra around here is that this is a PATS board. As such, posters who back the Pats are afforded much more leeway than non-Pats fans. This is just the way it is, as told to me by some moderators. So, when you go to an opposing teams board, they may bait you with less than above board tactics, and get away with it, if you retaliate, it is considered an insult to the MB member, and you will receive an infraction (Just as non Pats fans do here). Too many infractions, and you're done. The MB world is NOT a democracy, here or anywhere (for the most part, this does necessarily apply to every MB ever created).

Yes this is a Patriots fan site so Patriots fans do get away with things that visitor fans will get infractions for. But the difference is not that great.

I moved 3 threads to the VLR today because they had the potential to flame. In the VLR the bar has been lowered but there are still standards and places that no one should go.

I don't visit other boards that much but their standards are not our standards. I do know that on some that I have seen, the viisting team fan will be banned for the slightest thing. I think we give people more slack over here.

Oh yes. I do have to say that the Mod's here are human. Yes, it's true. So after dealing with so much crap on a given day, we may be quicker to pull the infraction trigger than on other days. Just the way it is.

Guys, the Mantra around here is that this is a PATS board. As such, posters who back the Pats are afforded much more leeway than non-Pats fans. This is just the way it is, as told to me by some moderators. So, when you go to an opposing teams board, they may bait you with less than above board tactics, and get away with it, if you retaliate, it is considered an insult to the MB member, and you will receive an infraction (Just as non Pats fans do here). Too many infractions, and you're done. The MB world is NOT a democracy, here or anywhere (for the most part, this does necessarily apply to every MB ever created).

C'est La Vie, the difference here is that folks like you, as long as you don't post mindless smack, are allowed to stay on.

What the OP was complaining about was evidently not a smack example. Big difference. In his/her example, if this were that SD board, you wouldn't have been allowed to even post your previous post.

If you give even an ounce of energy to responding to the Belicheat or Cheatriots comments, it is the equivalent of getting into name calling matches with a 3-year old. There is no logic, and it will not end.

It is often entertaining to hear the smack talk from the fans of opposing teams, and more entertaining to put them in their place. These boards are not talk show lines so it is not like those fans can dominate the discussions to the exclusion of the fans who generally talk here.

Let those fans say their piece, talk their trash, then return to their own forum with their tails between their legs after their team gets whooped. At that point, all those Cheatriot comments represent the only possible response to why their team got spanked (other than the logical response of inferiority in big games).

Last edited:

Good fans from another team here to talk football should not be banned. We should not stoop to the level of other less informed message boards IMO. It's boring just to have to listen to a bunch of Pats homers (myself included of course) without any feedback to keep us on our toes.

Agreed. Let them take the low road. Patriots fans take the high road.

I was banned for commenting that I was disappointed that the discussion degenerated into talk of asterisks when I was trying to have an intelligent football discussion.

I hate the Chargers, oh please Patriots pulverize them so their fans will shut up for another year.

Yes this is a Patriots fan site so Patriots fans do get away with things that visitor fans will get infractions for. But the difference is not that great.

I moved 3 threads to the VLR today because they had the potential to flame. In the VLR the bar has been lowered but there are still standards and places that no one should go.

I don't visit other boards that much but their standards are not our standards. I do know that on some that I have seen, the viisting team fan will be banned for the slightest thing. I think we give people more slack over here.

Oh yes. I do have to say that the Mod's here are human. Yes, it's true. So after dealing with so much crap on a given day, we may be quicker to pull the infraction trigger than on other days. Just the way it is.

I agree completly. I also am a Mod on another teams site. They just happen to be my 2nd team. I approch it with fairness to both sides, because that is just good sportsmanship and also it would be pretty boring to be one sided 24-7. Smack and banter is just part of the swagger for any team, as long as it is kept to just that. They know I'm a Pats fan there too and believe me, their are a lot of posts I would love to blow up. I take some heat for it sometimes, but in the long run they respect it because I am impartial. Good football talk, stories, stats. pic's make the game fun and keep it interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes