PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tippett Denied by HOF

Status
Not open for further replies.
LEts be honest, is Tippett a HOF? I say no - the guy was a good player but no hall of famer...

Irvin, harumph.

WTF? Michael IRVIN is considered a Hal of Famer but not Tippett or Dent? Give me a friggin break. Irvin isn't a Hall of Famer. He's a scumbag who doesn't belong there.

LEts be honest, is Tippett a HOF? I say no - the guy was a good player but no hall of famer...

BigMike -
You do realize that Tippett averaged 10 sacks a season over his entire career, right? There are numerous reasons that Tippett DOES belong in the Hall of Fame.

Irvin's personality alone should keep him out of the HoF, but noooooooooooooo.

I'd like to see Derrick Thomas get in. His sack numbers were impressive and though he wasn't great against the run, he was an excellent pass rusher which was what he was asked to do in KCs defense.

Art Monk is not in,but Irvin is? Is there something insanely wrong here?

Anyone who thinks Tippett doesn't belong probably didn't watch him play very closely. If Tippett doesn't get in then D.Thomas doesn't have a prayer. Not that Thomas wasn't one of the best that played his position but he needed a few more years to pad some sacks in there.

I will say this hypothetically ofcourse,if Tippett had Seymour,Warren and Wilfork anchoring the line I would guarantee he would of had 17-25 sacks a season. He was that fast and athletic. There is every possibility if he was drafted by the Giants that LT as we know it would be AT.

Tippett was a great player, and I think at some point he will get in.

I'd like to see Derrick Thomas get in. His sack numbers were impressive and though he wasn't great against the run, he was an excellent pass rusher which was what he was asked to do in KCs defense.

No offense to Derrick Thomas, but Tippet was a better all around player

What I find interesting in the newsreports of this, is that Ron Borges is one of the 40 sportswriters around the country who have the final vote :confused: :confused: Something was written about how the pass rushers, Dent, Tippett and the other two essentially cancelled each other out.

I know charlie Sanders and Roger Wehrli were good players but omitting Art Monk seems to be a major gaffe.

I don't believe either of them were as good as Tippett.

Irvin's personality alone should keep him out of the HoF, but noooooooooooooo.

Unlike the baseball Hall of Fame which has a character clause, the NFL Hall of Fame guidleines are clear that voters are not to consider anything but what the player did on the field.

There is simply no case that between the white lines Michael Irvin was not a hall of famer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft