PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thursday Night Football: Titans @ Steelers game discussion (NBC / 8:30pm)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i take your point and in the long run you're probably right even tho he does kind of resemble a tank, but it's worked out for him so far.

i thought the contrast with Collins was interesting tonight as well; with the two short FG misses he more than did his job by giving his team a chance to win the game, but somehow Ben made it happen when he had to, which is usually regarded as what separates great QB's from very good QB's.

It worked for Daunte Culpepper for quite a while too... then, one day, it stopped working.

This just in:

Polamalu out 3-6 weeks with what is being termed as MCL sprain.

Good for him- that's not nearly as bad as it could have been. Especially since they play the Lions and Browns in weeks 5 and 6. Might get off to a bit of a rough start, but they'll be fine.

I couldn't come to terms with the zone cushion that the Titans secondary was giving Worthlessburger to throw into it. It was just ridiculous. John Kitna would have picked that apart.

So how many total pump-fakes do you think Roethlisberger did last night? Over 100?

I hadn't noticed until the announcers mentioned it then it was so obvious. What do you do about that when your a safety just ignore the quarterback?

The Titans scored when both Polamalu and Woodley were out. Both defenses looked pretty good. I thought that the Steelers O-Line got absolutley dominated by the Titans D-line. The Steelers jsut could not run the ball. Both teams will benefit from playing Cincy and Cleveland twice this year, and I beleive they have the NFC West, so that is 8 wins for both teams already.

Collins I thought was very effective last night. He made some good throws and I can't remember anything horrific.

Rothlisthberger played the way he always does, he pumped faked away, kept the play going until his receivers could finally get open. But he is not going to last the year taking hits like the ones he took last night.

I couldn't come to terms with the zone cushion that the Titans secondary was giving Worthlessburger to throw into it. It was just ridiculous. John Kitna would have picked that apart.

Ben is worthless?? As a QB, he led his team to two SB rings with two different coaches in the last four years. He must be doing something right.

The Steelers jsut could not run the ball.

It was also interesting that Mendenhall was only given 4 carries. I know that he was on IR for most of his rookie season, but for the first 4 games when he was healthy he only put up 19 attempts for 58 yards. Not a promising beginning for a #23 overall pick at a position where players usually hit the ground running (literally and figuratively).

Teams always had a problem with Collins' attitude, never his skill level. He was not a leader.

He's a grizzled vet by now and he reminds me that I'm getting on in years because I was at PSU when he led that undefeated team in 94. Can't believe he's still playing at age 38, but the good thing about him is that he's aged, so he has maturity, is more of a leader, and he's retained a lot of his skills, which include great touch on catchable balls.

Roethlisberger reminds me of a young Collins, actually, though Ben R. has the pluses of strength and escapability. On another team, Ben R.'s reckless meatheadedness would be treated the same way as the young Collins' alcoholic exploits. He'd be a scapegoat. The two Qbs both have long windups, ridiculously good touch on the ball, both are prone to boneheaded errors, do not have great vision.

Collins I thought was very effective last night. He made some good throws and I can't remember anything horrific.

Well, you know, besides from the atrocious throw that turned into a Polamalu INT.

Playcalling from the Titans was crap.

And yes, Big Ben will eventually get hurt, just like the game against the Browns last season...

Playcalling from the Titans was crap.

And yes, Big Ben will eventually get hurt, just like the game against the Browns last season...

So can we narrow AFCCG rivals down to Baltimore/Indianapolis/San Diego now?

1.) Last night was a battle between two of the best defenses in the league.

2.) Tennessee's special teams cost them the game. The long snapper and holder will be putting in a lot of extra time this week.

3.) Roethlisberger is the 3rd best QB in the NFL. His ability to move around and his willingness to take a beating buy time for his receivers to get open, despite the weak offensive line he's playing behind.

4.) The Steelers defense will slow down in a couple of weeks, and that's when they'll really miss having a safety that can cover the entire field.

5.) Collins throws passes that look slow, but they're getting where they need to go. If he had quality receivers, that offense could be dynamic.

6.) The absence of Haynesworth showed itself more and more as the game went on. Not surprisingly, he was a big loss for that Titans D-line. I expect that New England will use a similar game plan to what the Steelers used to defeat them. Expect lots of passing and Kevin Faulk to spend a lot of time in the backfield.

Can't believe they said Ben's face is more symmetrical than Brady's....

Yeah, kinda funny when you LOOK at it.
big-drunk-ben.jpg

1.) Last night was a battle between two of the best defenses in the league. I agree, but both offenses also made a ton of mistakes.

2.) Tennessee's special teams cost them the game. The long snapper and holder will be putting in a lot of extra time this week. Again, I agree, but also need to say I love the improved Punting game the Steelers have, we kept Tennessee buried deep a lot and that hurt their offense.

3.) Roethlisberger is the 3rd best QB in the NFL. His ability to move around and his willingness to take a beating buy time for his receivers to get open, despite the weak offensive line he's playing behind. Agree

4.) The Steelers defense will slow down in a couple of weeks, and that's when they'll really miss having a safety that can cover the entire field. With Troy not playing, and knowing it ahead of time, **** Lebeau should be able to game plan well enough to protect us against not having Troy for a couple games.

5.) Collins throws passes that look slow, but they're getting where they need to go. If he had quality receivers, that offense could be dynamic. No kidding, they had a couple Key Drops too that really helped my defense get off the field in critical 3rd down situations. If the Titans had stud receivers, we could have been in huge trouble.

6.) The absence of Haynesworth showed itself more and more as the game went on. Not surprisingly, he was a big loss for that Titans D-line. I expect that New England will use a similar game plan to what the Steelers used to defeat them. Expect lots of passing and Kevin Faulk to spend a lot of time in the backfield.
I almost wish that the Steelers would have just ran the no huddle the entire game. Once we started spreading things out agains that defense and they continued to only rush 4, Ben ate them alive.

Well, you know, besides from the atrocious throw that turned into a Polamalu INT.

You mean the INT that he made while falling on his back with one hand? Granted the throw was not the greatest in the world, but that was an amazing catch. Its not like he was Neal O'Donnell in the Superbowl.

Watching sport center they made Ward sound like Chuck norris who`s tears can cure cancer ,but he does not cry.....

This just in:

Polamalu out 3-6 weeks with what is being termed as MCL sprain.

I hope it really is a sprain and not something worse. I don't like the Steelers, but I do like Polomalu... despite the fact that he hasn't hit puberty yet.

I almost wish that the Steelers would have just ran the no huddle the entire game. Once we started spreading things out agains that defense and they continued to only rush 4, Ben ate them alive.

i don't think you guys looked so spectacular last night for being the defending super bowl champs. you had no running game and collins was picking apart your secondary even with polamalu. your defense was stout. but your offense was not so great. last night confirmed that ben is an up and down qb. his receivers bail him out over and over again. if the titans D coordinator had any brains then you would have lost. the ravens are going to win that division. sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes