Welcome to PatsFans.com

Thursday Injury Report

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Christopher_Price, Oct 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Christopher_Price

Christopher_Price Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Here’s the latest, released by the team moments ago…Did Not Participate in PracticeOL Wesley Britt (team decision)S Mel Mitchell (groin)Limited Participation in PracticeQB Tom Brady (right shoulder)CB Randall Gay (thigh)C Dan Koppen (ankle)RB Laurence Maroney (groin)G Stephen Neal (shoulder)CB Asante Samuel (foot)WR Donte Stallworth (knee)LB Adalius Thomas (ankle)WR Kelley Washington (hamstring)

More...
  2. patchick

patchick Moderatrix Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +603 / 6 / -0

Hmm, two days in a row of Wesley Britt on the "team decision" list. Anybody have a clue about this? Could mean lots of different things, many of them bad (e.g. disciplinary action, family emergency, etc.)
  3. cstjohn17

cstjohn17 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +34 / 11 / -4

#54 Jersey

I don't know but I am damn worried, he better be ready to go or we are in big trouble.... :)

I was more concerned by the length of the report, is anyone healthy? also surprised not to see Colvin on the report, he had a bad game last week, I thought maybe it was because he was banged up.
  4. Pats726

Pats726 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

I am also surprised that Faulk is not on the list..pleasantly happy though!! I can only think that they were being incredibly precautious Sunday when he was injured...as he is obviously close to 100% now.
  5. DefenseRules

DefenseRules Rookie

Ratings:
    +55 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

It was because he was banged up. He didn't look good in the Cincy game either. He's been hurt since the Buffalo game. Hopefully now that he's off the list, he'll play like he did back in weeks 1 and 2.
  6. Omega Supreme

Omega Supreme Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

OMG Brady has problems with his right shoulder? Did anyone not notice this??? :D
  7. cstjohn17

cstjohn17 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +34 / 11 / -4

#54 Jersey

I hope so, he usually plays very well in big games.
  8. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

I have a question: Unless someone is inactive or PUP, is there any reason we should pay any attention at all to the injury report? I mean Brady's been on it for two years, and you know everyone else is playing....why should we as fans even pay attention? I guess if someone leaves then you know that they are actually healthy but BB seems to just leave them on there to confuse the other teams.
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2007
  9. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Anyone worried about AD {please tell me no...... and set my mind at ease.}
  10. Fahrenhype

Fahrenhype Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Wasn't he back on the field for the rest of the game against the Browns after taking some time off on the sideline? I think he's fine.
  11. PatsFanSince74

PatsFanSince74 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +76 / 1 / -1

Yes. This is an injury that BB reports every week. The problem is, however, that Belichick hasn't even told himself the exact nature of the injury in the interests of secrecy, so even he doesn't know exactly what it is.
  12. BPF

BPF Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

He is probable and it's a guarantee he will play to me.
  13. Mack Herron

Mack Herron Rookie

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -2

#24 Jersey

He is "limited participation." He is not "probable". Those terms are not yet assigned... Friday he will be either "probable" or "questionable."
  14. FirstAndGoal

FirstAndGoal Rookie

Ratings:
    +25 / 1 / -0

He's been on it a lot longer than 2 years.

BTW, my take on it is not that BB lies about the injury report. I think he just follows it to the letter of the law without regard for the spirit of the rule.

For instance, let's say that you say you report a sore knee (regardless of how sore), he just puts it down on the report. It doesn't matter that it doesn't stop you from playing but he reports it. I think he also does that for drills. My take has always been that he reports everything and then no one knows how serious anything is. I'm sure Brady has a sore shoulder after a practice and we know that he limits his throws now so .... limited participation. :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.