PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Through 7 Games, Tom Brady and Randy Moss Season Projections. Historic Numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The scary thing about Moss is those projections arent anything he hasnt done before, except for the TDs obviously. Hes caught 100+ balls before, hes had 1600+ yards before, hes had 17 TDs a couple of times

And now he has the best QB hes ever played with

Moss is just a freak, and the scary thing about him is as unreal as his ability is I think hes actually lost a step from his Minnesota days. Not that it really matters, hes still the best in the game especially now with Brady

I shudder to think what he would be doing if he had the jaw dropping athletic ability he had in his first 4-5 years

Welker's gotta be over 100 catches too right?

Insane. I am having wet dreams about the next time we face Buffalo, NYJ and Miami. Should be some nice games to raise our players stats. :)

Last edited:
You can't blitz them either, what can you do????
Unless we start getting more injuries I'm not sure what anyone can do. I guess this weekend will be a good test for our offense as the Redskins have a highly ranked defense.

Insane. I am having wet dreams about the next time we face Buffalo, NYJ and Miami. Should be some nice games to raise our players stats. :)
Not sure the @ Buffalo game will be a cakewalk.

Not sure the @ Buffalo game will be a cakewalk.
Maybe not. We have a MUCH tougher schedule in the second half so I do expect Brady and Moss's #'s to stop sky rocketing as much but they still should continue to go up and up and come close to the records for TDs.

Last edited:
Welker's gotta be over 100 catches too right?

Amazing.:D

I thought pats fans didn't care about stats, only wins and (ahem)Super Bowl wins?

What the heck is going on around here..........:D

No, seriously, even as a Colt's fan, I'm LOVING watching the pats play football right now. They are a visual treat, to say the least.

Amazing.:D

I thought pats fans didn't care about stats, only wins and (ahem)Super Bowl wins?

What the heck is going on around here..........:D

No, seriously, even as a Colt's fan, I'm LOVING watching the pats play football right now. They are a visual treat, to say the least.

you are right. The Pats are not about the stats. However, when you're on pace to break most meaningful offensive records, it's hard as a Pats fan not to get a little giddy with the stats.

With that said, this season is meaningless if we don't bring back the lombardi. Stats means nothing without rings. You as a Colts fan certainly know this.

you are right. The Pats are not about the stats. However, when you're on pace to break most meaningful offensive records, it's hard as a Pats fan not to get a little giddy with the stats.

With that said, this season is meaningless if we don't bring back the lombardi. Stats means nothing without rings. You as a Colts fan certainly know this.

Yes, I surely do know what you mean. After the Pittsburgh loss in 05, I didn't watch a sports show OR visit a messageboard for a month. All the joy of that regular season, all the records, EVERYTHING, was rendered meaningless in one afternoon. It was as terrible as anything that I have no control over can be.

I wouldn't wish that on anyone.:(

Of course, last season made up for all of it though.:D

These stats are great , but wins are all that matter.. These numbers will slack off asa it goes into the colder months.. to think Brady can get 5 tds a game EVERY game is crazy.. maybe he does , but I think he has a few with just 2 or 3 ...

Now go back and read that last line.. 2 or 3 with the word JUST in front of it.. Were spoiled after 7 weeks..

I want NE to go perfect ! I want Brady to break the TD , Yardage record and rating record.
I want Brady to get the league MVP
I want NE to have 3 1000 yds WR's with 2 of them over 1500 yds

BUT I dont want none of these things if it doesnt end with Roger Godell handing BB the SB Trophy and naming Brady SB MVP.
If we win 3-0 I'll be happy in any game Just WIN!!!

what i found most interesting about brady/moss yesterday was brady's choices. on both bombs, brady intentionally threw the ball to moss in double coverage. tom knew randy was doubled before he let it go, and in a stark contrast to his "i throw to the open man " mantra, he threw to randy anyway.

it's as if he was saying "i know we can get it done underneath, but i haven't fed randy since he started getting doubled and tripled. Oh WTF, here goes".

and there it is, those 2 passes say........u cant stop us!!!!

what i found most interesting about brady/moss yesterday was brady's choices. on both bombs, brady intentionally threw the ball to moss in double coverage. tom knew randy was doubled before he let it go, and in a stark contrast to his "i throw to the open man " mantra, he threw to randy anyway.

it's as if he was saying "i know we can get it done underneath, but i haven't fed randy since he started getting doubled and tripled. Oh WTF, here goes".

I agree. There is no way Brady would have ever made those throws before. I was wondering after seeing Moss and Brady on the sidelines if Randy just asked him to try it out: "Humor me Tom." This is the most amazing receiving corps I've ever seen and it almost seems like we can score at will and at any time.

Maybe not. We have a MUCH tougher schedule in the second half so I do expect Brady and Moss's #'s to stop sky rocketing as much but they still should continue to go up and up and come close to the records for TDs.

Yes, we keep hearing that the tough games are ahead - usually the upcoming week.

At some point, don't you just have to accept what you're seeing?

on both bombs, brady intentionally threw the ball to moss in double coverage. tom knew randy was doubled before he let it go, and in a stark contrast to his "i throw to the open man " mantra, he threw to randy anyway.

Great point. How many times did we hear announcers parrot, "Brady's favorite receiver is the open receiver?" Clearly Randy Moss is always open. Even when he's not. :)

Brady commented that two games ago he overthrew Moss a few times, then realized he can just underthrow him and Randy will still come up with the ball.

Here's an interesting stat - if Brady 'only' throws 3 TDs per game for the final 9 games that will give him an additional 27 TDs for a total of 27+27= 54 TDs. And that STILL breaks the record! If Brady continues to catch fire we're talking 60+ easily folks. What I'd like to see is 16-0 and for Brady to be the first quarterback to throw at least 3 TDs a game in 16 straight games. Now how would that be for all time great??

Here's an interesting stat - if Brady 'only' throws 3 TDs per game for the final 9 games that will give him an additional 27 TDs for a total of 27+27= 54 TDs. And that STILL breaks the record! If Brady continues to catch fire we're talking 60+ easily folks. What I'd like to see is 16-0 and for Brady to be the first quarterback to throw at least 3 TDs a game in 16 straight games. Now how would that be for all time great??

What is the record for most passing TD's in a game?

I want to see Brady have a 8TD game against the Colts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News