PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Three and Out: New England Patriots - Tim Graham (BSPN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the same Robert Geathers who slammed Trent Green into the turf and gave him a concussion.

Sure, let him through unblocked so he can get a running start before slamming Brady to the turf. I mean really, what harm could it do?

Are you nuts?

Evidently, another poster who didn't read the article:

"Brady needed to get walloped. As he needed to find his footwork again after surgery, he must retrain his mind to block out all the disruptions that can remind a quarterback he's vulnerable. Brady's well on his way back to regaining that fantastic pocket poise."

BTW, EVERY SINGLE player on the field can cause a concussion. No matter blocked or unblocked. They are big, fast, professionals.

Number two - - this may come as a surprise to you - -it's GOING TO HAPPEN SOMETIME ANYHOW - - why not early on so Brady can get his feet wet. He even alluded to it after the first PS game - -he himself said he NEEDED to get wallopped so as to get his mind around it.

Breaking news flash PF37, the NFL office will NOT allow Brady to wear a non-contact red jersey during the season.

Bru joins Seau on the beach waiting by the phone for the inevitable injury. Meawhile, Alexander fills out the roster at ILB while BB scans the wire for veteran help.

Adam Seward was released by the Dolts?

P-R-E-S-E-A-S-O-N.

And it was GREAT that Brady got plowed - - - for the reasons stated clearly in the Tim Graham piece.

Yeah, umm... no, it wasn't. It's never great when your QB gets blasted by a defender coming clean.

Tim Graham just caused an "Aha" moment for me.

We've all been on Kazcur's back the past few days for so badly wiffing on that sack Thursday night.
Not all of us. Certainly none of us who heard BB's post-game press conference.

so badly wiffing on that sack Thursday night. COULD THAT HAVE BEEN instructed by Dante??????

Why not? I'm completely serious.
Kudos to you for owning up to it. A lot of us would be so embarrassed about thinking this we wouldn't let anyone know what we were thinking, let alone empasizing we were serious :D

Number two - - this may come as a surprise to you - -it's GOING TO HAPPEN SOMETIME ANYHOW - - why not early on so Brady can get his feet wet. He even alluded to it after the first PS game - -he himself said he NEEDED to get wallopped so as to get his mind around it.
C'mon Shmessy, you're still arguing the point? And with such emphasis!

In your conspiracy theory, does that explain Kaczur's contract extension?

You crack me up. :singing:

Alexander might be younger, and he's obviously faster, but the idea of Alexander as a true backup ILB should be a sobering thought to any Patsfan. He is just awful when it comes to reading a play and reacting to the spot, awful. On STs, Alexander can point in one direction and run like a maniac, and that has little to do with being a productive down to down player outside of displaying passion and effort. But those two qualities cannot be confused with tools needed to be an ILB with impact.

Bruschi might be done, that's hard to argue against, but if Eric Alexander makes the team as the primary backup to Guyton, and, godforbid, Mayo, then this team is in trouble on D.

Alexander might be younger, and he's obviously faster, but the idea of Alexander as a true backup ILB should be a sobering thought to any Patsfan. He is just awful when it comes to reading a play and reacting to the spot, awful. On STs, Alexander can point in one direction and run like a maniac, and that has little to do with being a productive down to down player outside of displaying passion and effort. But those two qualities cannot be confused with tools needed to be an ILB with impact.

Bruschi might be done, that's hard to argue against, but if Eric Alexander makes the team as the primary backup to Guyton, and, godforbid, Mayo, then this team is in trouble on D.

Agreed. Memories of Alexander in the 2006 AFCCG against the Dolts still haunt me. I personally think Bruschi is done and Lenon makes the 53 from the tub as the primary backup, but I want no part of Alexander on this team.

Is Bruschi still decent on STs? That is a sincere question because I have no idea.

If Tedy is at a point where he doesn't think he'll make the team, I think he'll retire before the last cut.

He's been around the block, I'm guessing he can read the tea leaves from the inside better than we can from the outside.

People really tend to overthink things in pre season.

Reiss was just on Sports Final claiming that while he doesn't necessarily think Bruschi will be cut (on a thin squad...) he might be "graduated" like Junior Seau. Only the only way to graduate a signed player is to cut might him, Mike. That's about as nonsensical as his contention that they might want to take the 2010 tag off the table to placate a guy whose already in camp for his 2009 contract season...

Meanwhile DeOssie was on later and said that while BB will not keep any player for sentimental reasons, there is no way Bruschi gets cut. If there were any reason to believe he couldn't play a role this season that would have been dealt with well before camp opened, as it was with Vrabel.

I think the media and fans seldom know what Bill thinks about players or plays. All they know is what they think they see from the vantage point of a press box or couch. Kinda like with Kaczur...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call