PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thoughts on the NFL Network broadcast team

Status
Not open for further replies.

furley

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Both Faulk and Irvin were very annoying.

How many times was Faulk going to be wrong about New England selecting a SEC (Ingram) player in the first round? Conversely, who among them did you enjoy listening to.

NFL Network broadcast Team

Rich Eisen
Marshal Faulk
Steve Mariucci
Michael Irvin
Mike Mayock
Deion Sanders... etc.

Last edited:
Both Faulk and Irvin were very annoying.

How many times was Faulk going to be wrong about New England selecting a SEC (Ingram) player in the first round? Conversely, who among them did you enjoy listening to.

NFL Network broadcast Team

Rich Eisen
Marshal Faulk
Steve Mariucci
Michael Irvin
Mike Mayock
Deion Sanders... etc.

I preferred it to the ESPN broadcast.

I've always liked Eisen. Deion is funny. Mayock is probably the best 'draft expert'. I like having a coach's opinion.

I really don't see what Irvin and Faulk contribute. Not just on the draft stuff, but every week on NFLN. These guys are just HOFers talking out of their ass and getting paid. Whatever~

ESPN was kinda awkward to watch. Gruden was just making fun of Kiper the whole time lol. It was actually pretty funny.

ESPN was kinda awkward to watch. Gruden was just making fun of Kiper the whole time lol. It was actually pretty funny.
I loved Gruden taking the piss out of Kiper. What a moron he is.

Eisen, Sanders, Irvin, Faulk are annoying. Mayock, when he's not being egged on by the morons he's with, is pretty good. Mooch can be pretty good if the others don't lead him astray.

I'd rather see Davis or Burmeister hosting with Mayock and a couple coaches - keep the clown show in the circus. If you have to have a former GM - Lombardi, leave Casserly back in studio tending the septic system or something.

I thought Mayock had a tough night...lots of scrambled names. I cringe every time Faulk opens his pie hole.

I like Mayock, and Mooch is OK, but Faulk and Irving just ruin their forum. Between their excess of commercial breaks (easily 30%+ more than ESPN), and Irving shouting in Mooch's ear, I could hardly watch, ugh.

The NFLN has so much better talent, where were they? Lombardi, Charles Davis, Jamie Dukes, they all smoke Faulk and Irving. Plus there are just too many (big) mouths at that table, 3, 4 max is plenty.

I wish that somebody among the other broadcasters would call Faulk out on his incompetence in discussing New England's first round pick possibilities. Yes, I understand that most draft analysts won't guess correctly what Belichick is thinking. But... The guy was never right at all. It was laughable and an embarrassment (surely, if you're him) at the same time.

Or Sanders could rib Faulk on-air about his mistakes.

Last edited:
I thought ESPN did a better job of showing game footage of the prospect that was selected, whereas NFL Network tended to just focus on Mayock and let him speak about the prospect.

I also thought that Irvin and even Mooch were a little too subdued - everybody seemed to know that Mayock is the star of the show and, as a result, often waited for him to lead and comment on all conversation. Given that Mayock is the best of them and that Faulk/Irvin are terrible, it's not a bad strategy, but it just makes you think they could improve upon this by bringing in actual contributors and knowledgeable people. Add a coach known for his Xs and Os and remove both Faulk/Irvin.

Enjoy listening to Mayock, Lombardi, Casserly, Irvin and Mooch

Last edited:

I dont have NFL network so I am stuck with ESPN. I think they were all high sniffing the grease in Kiper's hair!!

Much easier listening to the NFLN guys, graphics and Mels best better on ESPN....say if you were in a bar with the sound off. Hope Mayock is treating his throat to last 3 days, last year it was miserable when he couldnt talk.

This is an interesting point.

We all owe Ryan Mallett a debt of gratitude. Had the Arkansas quarterback not slid down the draft board to the third round, we might not have gotten the moment where the NFL Network won the television draft.

The network owned the Mallett selection. NFL Network insider Michael Lombardi, clearly tapped inside the Patriots' draft room, had tipped viewers 10 minutes before the selection that New England was going to draft the quarterback. Lombardi later explained that Mallett was the top quarterback on the Patriots' board and that Arkansas coach Bobby Petrino had texted him how surprised he was that his player had fallen so far. NFLN analyst Kurt Warner even texted Brady about the pick. Brady responded: "I'm here for 10 years."

"I thought, from start to finish on that story, we just nailed it," said NFL Network executive producer Eric Weinberger. "The team was so proud of it. It was a great moment. And Kurt texting Tom Brady put a bow on it."

ESPN, NFL Network tally more hits than misses during draft weekend - Richard Deitsch - SI.com

Eisen, Sanders, Irvin, Faulk are annoying. Mayock, when he's not being egged on by the morons he's with, is pretty good. Mooch can be pretty good if the others don't lead him astray.

I'd rather see Davis or Burmeister hosting with Mayock and a couple coaches - keep the clown show in the circus. If you have to have a former GM - Lombardi, leave Casserly back in studio tending the septic system or something.

Wasn't he in rehab for that awhile back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News