PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This Was Nice, But 2/7/2016 Is The Big One

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt joe montana is going to want to deliver the lombardi to brady and the pats.
Hah it'd be pretty sweet. Especially after the talk among him and Rice about deflate gate (I hate even gracing it with a name). Would be even sweeter than Kurt Warners walk of shame. :D

Oy, let's enjoy this one and not upset the Football Gods with our hubris...

not really hometown.........the new stadium is much further from San Mateo than Foxboro is from Boston

not sure why they're still called 'San Francisco'

Ok. It's the 49ers stadium. Montana played for the 49ers. Brady idolized him.

The "Big One" is always the next one, and saying Montana stabbed Brady in the back is ridiculous.

Road schedule is brutal. The AFC East has top-flight pass rushing defenses, if not potent offenses, and all of the away out-of-division teams could be very good. Bill O'Brien is doing a great job re-building Houston, the Giants seem to have a good year after an off-year, and Indy, Dallas, and Denver at their buildings are no gimme.

It looks like another 12-4 year to me.

I'm guessing TommyBrady12 (who gave your post a "Disagree") didn't stick around to read your final line! :D

I'm guessing TommyBrady12 (who gave your post a "Disagree") didn't stick around to read your final line! :D

Or he felt calling the Pats a 12-4 team was an insult. We have come a long way

highly doubted that we will go 19-0 again, but back in the superbowl? Gonna sign Revis first.

Ok. It's the 49ers stadium. Montana played for the 49ers. Brady idolized him.

right, but the game is not being played in his hometown....it's like saying the pats play in Aaron Hernandez's hometown or that Providence is Mark Wahlberg's hometown

I'm pretty ****ing happy with 4 right now. That was really really ****ing hard to get. Getting 5 is no easy task.

right, but the game is not being played in his hometown....it's like saying the pats play in Aaron Hernandez's hometown or that Providence is Mark Wahlberg's hometown
Or calling the New Jersey Jets the New York Jets.

The "Big One" is always the next one, and saying Montana stabbed Brady in the back is ridiculous.

Must have been a long nap, eh Deus?

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2015/01/30/gasper/4fjyn5NWemEYnhkwjlLEYL/story.html

CHRISTOPHER L. GASPER

Joe Montana thinks Tom Brady responsible for Deflategate

January 30, 2015

"......“If I ever want a ball a certain way, I don’t do it myself. So, somebody did it for him,” said Montana. “But I don’t know why everybody is making a big deal out of trying to figure out who did it. It’s pretty simple. If it was done, it was done for a reason. There is only one guy that does it. Nobody else cares what the ball feels like.”

Does it really matter what he called it? Everyone knew what he meant.

the new place is irrelevant to Brady....I don't think he's ever even been there or seen the inside outside of watching kaepernick play

far cry from candlestick

it's like saying some kid would get goosebumps in the new garden because of larry bird

Ho hum, another Super Bowl for the Pats. (Hello visiting team trolls, yes we are spoiled, yes we are arrogant, deal with it).

However February 7, 2016 would be THE BIG ONE:

- Brady 5 Rings - Most for any QB ever
- Belichick 5 Rings - Most for any HC ever

The Game will be at the 49ers new stadium...........Tom Brady's hometown.

Notice how last year at MetLife, Joe Willie Namath was the local HOF face of the festivities?
This year, Kurt Warner was the local HOF face of the festivities?

Next year in SF? Yup, Tom Brady's childhood idol who stabbed him in the back last week.

Legacy Game.

Ahem...I think I'll just let my new signature line do my talking for me on this topic......

the new place is irrelevant to Brady....I don't think he's ever even been there or seen the inside outside of watching kaepernick play

far cry from candlestick

it's like saying some kid would get goosebumps in the new garden because of larry bird

Is Larry Bird's retired number hanging from the new garden? How do you know what people will feel?

Must have been a long nap, eh Deus?

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2015/01/30/gasper/4fjyn5NWemEYnhkwjlLEYL/story.html

CHRISTOPHER L. GASPER

Joe Montana thinks Tom Brady responsible for Deflategate

Did you not bother to actually read the story?

“It’s a stupid thing to even be talking about because they shouldn’t have the rule anyway.”

“The guy is a great quarterback,” said Montana. “There is a category that people like to say, ‘the greatest to ever play,’ he is definitely in that category. But I think it’s hard to put anybody up there no matter who it might be. Go back and watch Otto Graham and Sammy Baugh. If you haven’t seen any footage, it’s ridiculous the things those guys did back then. I think it’s really hard to compare, but Tom obviously is having a tremendous career.”

OMG, a QB thinks a QB (Whom he thinks is in the "greatest to ever play" category) decided how he likes his footballs, and that the rule in question is a stupid rule. What a stab in the back!

I'd say that you're reaching, but it's even worse than that.

I'm going to go full on pipe dream for this one:

Patriots go 19-0, redeeming themselves for 2007 and making Brady and BB the best ever. Roger Goodell, having been fired during this offseason, pulls the gun out of his mouth just long enough to watch Don Shula present Belichick with the Lombardi, while Joe Montana hands the Super Bowl MVP over to Brady.
And they do it against the Giants, who complete the cycle by making it to the Super Bowl again and losing to the pats 70-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents