PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This is going to be an interesting off-season

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBruinz

Pats, B's, Sox
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Well, so far, the Raiders, Cardinals, Steelers, Falcons and Dolphins need coaches for next year. There are rumors that the Giants could also need a coach. And there are rumors that Romeo could be on his way out of Cleveland.

Add to that, Floyd Reese just stepped down as the personel man in Tennessee.

However, there is no shortage of coaching candidates. Norm Chow, Ken Whisenhunt, Dennis Green, Bill Cowher, Jim Mora, Rex Ryan, Rob Ryan, Jim Johnson.

So, does anything think that the Raiders will be able to find a coach before the start of the season?

Who do you think is going to be coaching where?

Which team will have the candidate that came out of left field?

Raiders: Rob Ryan
Atlanta: Bobby Petrino
Miami: Jim Bates (for one year until Cowher can bhe hired without compensation to Pittsburgh)
Arizona: Chow
Steelers: Mike Singletary/Rex Ryan

Raiders: Rob Ryan
Atlanta: Bobby Petrino
Miami: Jim Bates (for one year until Cowher can bhe hired without compensation to Pittsburgh)
Arizona: Chow
Steelers: Mike Singletary/Rex Ryan

I can still remember how much more competent Miami looked when they replaced Wanny with Bates at the end of 2004. I was actually surprised when they seemed to have no interest in him as their HC.

Steelers - Russ Grimm
Falcons - Ken Wisenhunt
Arizona - Cam Cameron
Raiders - Should hire someone to groom young qb. My guess is
Ron Rivera - Bears Def. Coord.
Miami - My open suggestion to Mr. Huizenga is quality NFL asst.
He will go for big name. Jimmy Johnson II

Bill Bidwell, the current generation's official idiot of the Bidwell family will hire the:

The Defensive Coordinator from the Indianapolis Colts! (whoever he is)

Every other candidate will interview take the free trip, free meal and a round of golf, and politely decline, (while laughing at the Cardinals in private!).

These guys are seeking an Opportunity not a Sentence!

Pity the poor Cards fans. Six generations of congenital idiots that breed true. Their ONLY hope is the family gathers together, they all climb on the family Gulfstream for a family get together and promptly fly it into a rock in the clouds!

Then the Cards get sold to anyone; and he would be better, even Dan Snyder or Mike Brown!:p :p

Bill Bidwell, the current generation's official idiot of the Bidwell family will hire the:

The Defensive Coordinator from the Indianapolis Colts! (whoever he is)

Thanks, hot coffee through the nose is so enjoyable. Got to remember not to drink when I read some of these comments.

I think the Cards will take the OC of the Raiders instead!

I had family in StL and spent vacations there, so the Cards were my NFC team -- they were pretty good for a while with Jim Hart, Mel Gray, Terry Metcalf, etc, but still could not win a playoff game.

Maybe the Cards can get bought by Mark Cuban.

I think patsfaninpa has it mostly right with the future predictions. Raiders need someone who just wants the experience, or who needs a re-start like Shell did.

I feel bad for Romeo -- in that division, and even with another year, life will not get any easier.

I think the steelers hire from within, wisenhunt or grimm

chow goes to miami or arizona

atlanta gets whoever pittsburgh doesn't

raiders.... who cares they will still suck and I feel sorry for whoever takes that job. Probably Ryan. Another B.B. disciple

I'd rather just think about the play-offs now. The off season will be here soon enough.

I doubt any of us here thinking about the offseason now will have anything to do with the outcome of the playoff games. With all the HC firings and resignations every year, and some teams just keep not so good HC's, it just shows how hard it is to be a good NFL HC. There's only 32 of these jobs available and most can't do it very well. A lot of hours to put in, not much time for family and friends. It takes a dedication I know I don't have for my job -:)

Amazing for once that Patriots coaches aren't being talked about as HC's

... should make for an intereseting trading season too as many coaches are going to be willing to wheel and deal draft picks and players to make their mark.

This, in some ways gets back to those who say that there are no WRs that we could pick up in the off-season. It seems to me it will be an active trading off-season.

I'd rather just think about the play-offs now. The off season will be here soon enough.

:rocker: Hopefully no sooner than February :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes