This Clarett thing is getting Bizarre....sounds like a good movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarrylS

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Apparently this Maurice Clarett thing is getting pretty bizarre, either that or he is trying to come up with a good reason for his behavior.. either way it might make an interesting movie... guess he will have to earn some cash either way.

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/5884666?FSO2&ATT=MA

According to a report on ESPN.com, Clarett's lawyer, Nick Mango, said Clarett has received repeated death threats over the past year. But a recent postcard sent from Los Angeles last week has Mango worried about Clarett's ties to an alleged member of an Israeli crime organization.
The report said Clarett traveled to L.A. in late summer of 2004, where he was introduced to Hai Waknine, 35, a convicted felon whom prosecutors believe is a member of an Israeli crime organization called The Jerusalem Group. Waknine reportedly became Clarett's sponsor, providing him with cash, a BMW, bodyguards, drivers and beachfront lodging in Malibu, Calif., with the understanding that he would be reimbursed and would receive 60 percent of Clarett's rookie contract.

When Clarett was released by the Denver Broncos in August of 2005, he could not pay Waknine back and was eventually cut off financially.

After Clarett was arrested last week while in possession of four guns and a hatchet and wearing a bulletproof vest, his attorneys received an anonymous phone call alerting them to Clarett's ties to Waknine. They grew more suspicious when the threatening postcard arrived from Los Angeles this week

Lawyers will stop at nothing to contaminate the jury pool. Does anyone actually believe this garbage?

letekro said:
Lawyers will stop at nothing to contaminate the jury pool. Does anyone actually believe this garbage?

LOL, well, let's just say there are ways to find out if this info is legit. Are you saying the lawyer is manufacturing evidence? Hmmm, I wonder how much he is getting paid. Is jail time and a new career selling burgers really worth it?

upstater1 said:
LOL, well, let's just say there are ways to find out if this info is legit. Are you saying the lawyer is manufacturing evidence? Hmmm, I wonder how much he is getting paid. Is jail time and a new career selling burgers really worth it?

The "letter", "postcard" or what ever was made with cut out letters like in the movies. Even the lawyer said it was "untraceable" and wasn't "sure" if it would help the police find the people Clarett was "scared" of. The lawyer does emphasize that it was a misunderstanding though...I believe him I mean it pretty much is every day that the cops have to spike your tires when your just out in your kevlar vest and you AK47 next to you....oh and about two blocks from the main witness in your armed robbery case....hhmmm yep poor Clarett.

It would have to actually BE evidence to manufacture it...this is just a cheap lawyer trick to make a thug look innocent....glad they got him before he got the female witness IMO.

letekro said:

Hold on...you're saying that the lawyer is spreading tales that his client was cutting secret deals with felons and mobsters to make him look good to the general public? :confused:

It would be one thing to use this as a courtroom defense if he actually faced charges that he was armed/vested in preparation for attacking the witness. But at this stage, as far as playing to the potential jury pool out there in tv land, this only digs him into a deeper hole.

IT was funny, when he was immediately busted, there were rumors he was tied to rappers and they expected money from him and he MIGHT have been protectng himself from someone.

and then thats pretty much exactly what they are telling us.

i think it would be an awesome movie. But you need the right person to make it....

I dont know if any of you have seen "HighRoller: the Stu Unger StorY" but it sucked.

His story was amazing though. what a waste of a movie.

I think a good actor for clarett would be the kid who played the lead in Dead Presidents.

I think John Goodman and Steve Buscemi should play the cops that pull him over.

I think john tuturro should play the israeli terrorist.

I think Marlon Waynes should play Mike Williams.

I think that Marshal Faulk is a ******* moron.

Im sorry for wasting your time.

Keegs said:
IT was funny, when he was immediately busted, there were rumors he was tied to rappers and they expected money from him and he MIGHT have been protectng himself from someone.

and then thats pretty much exactly what they are telling us.

i think it would be an awesome movie. But you need the right person to make it....

I dont know if any of you have seen "HighRoller: the Stu Unger StorY" but it sucked.

His story was amazing though. what a waste of a movie.

I think a good actor for clarett would be the kid who played the lead in Dead Presidents.

I think John Goodman and Steve Buscemi should play the cops that pull him over.

I think john tuturro should play the israeli terrorist.

I think Marlon Waynes should play Mike Williams.

I think that Marshal Faulk is a ******* moron.

Im sorry for wasting your time.

At least you apologized.

God, now I remember why I probably watch a movie once every 6 months.

The only name I really recognized on that "list" was Marshall Faulk.

Good riddance. I'm so happy I don't waste my time watching movies and following Hollywood. Or even listening to music, for that matter. Name a band. Good chance I've never heard of it.

Last edited:
motley crue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case