PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

they missed fauria te badly

kennyb

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
6'8" Te from UCLA. Somehow went undrafted . Scored 3 TDs yesterday. Not sure what they didn't see in him. Red zone monster.

6'8" Te from UCLA. Somehow went undrafted . Scored 3 TDs yesterday. Not sure what they didn't see in him. Red zone monster.

That's all he is. He's also a terrible blocker.

But he'd probably be better on this team than Sudfeld was so there's that.

Well whatever the Pats didn't see in him, no other team did either.

The ONLY te I liked in the last draft was gavin escobar, but i was intrigued by fauria's jump ball ability but he really was a horrible blocker. I don't know if he can or has improved in that department considering the whole leverage thing he is lacking being so tall and all.

The ONLY te I liked in the last draft was gavin escobar, but i was intrigued by fauria's jump ball ability but he really was a horrible blocker. I don't know if he can or has improved in that department considering the whole leverage thing he is lacking being so tall and all.
I actually disliked all of the TEs besides Eifert

Well whatever the Pats didn't see in him, no other team did either.

Yeah, I'm figuring that the "they" in the title must mean "the NFL."

Last edited:
The Pats, so far, have managed to hit a home run with Kenbrell Thompkins, and at least a double with Joe Vellano.

I'm not going to get torqued off that they didn't hit more home runs.

Yeah, I'm figuring that the "they" in the title must mean "the NFL."

Well the pats are supposed to be special talent evaluators. They dropped the ball.

Well the pats are supposed to be special talent evaluators. They dropped the ball.
They're supposed to be better than all the other teams combined?

See my post above.

And, think about it for a second: given a choice, if you were an UDFA TE, would you WANT to come to New England (pre-Hernandez arrest)? For all we know, they wanted Fauria but he chose Detroit instead.

I actually disliked all of the TEs besides Eifert

Was reading up over there at OTG's site on his write up of Jordan Reed. Seems he had an early admirer before he was drafted by Washington in the 3rd.

Was reading up over there at OTG's site on his write up of Jordan Reed. Seems he had an early admirer before he was drafted by Washington in the 3rd.

Thanks for the Shout Out, Brother Missile!! :D :rocker:

Yeah, absolutely in love with Reed's Game, Bro. Would've loved to've gotten'm. :cool:

At the time of the draft I didn't know much about him but after reading scouting reports hours after his selection I learned he played a lot like AH, love both of their games, nice fit in Washington

I can't tell if you are serious or not, but if you are then your expectations are ridiculous.

If you search my posts pre-Draft, I really liked Fauria, but was well aware he couldn't block. There was also no need for him seeing as the roster consisted of:

Gronk
Hernandez
Hooman
Fells
Ballard

Sudfeld, who was just as good in College, only got a sniff when things started going south in the summer.

Any view that the Patriots somehow dropped the ball on him, is absolute horsecrap.

After the single impressive game that prompted this "shame on the Patriots!" thread, Fauria has just 1 catch over his last 2 games.

But...Marvin Jones then had a single awesome game, giving us the "why didn't the Patriots draft Marvin Jones" thread.

To make it easier to know who to complain about week by week, just track this page: NFL - Weekly Leaders Week 10 For this week, I nominate rookie running back Zac Stacy.

I'm going to pretend that Bill really, really wanted Fauria but that Fauria instead decided
that Detroit offerd a better opportunity to get more snaps because of the Pats' logjam at TE
with The Prisoner, Ballard, HooHah, Fells & a recovering Gronk.

There; now I feel better.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back