PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The resolution of the Deion Branch Saga: Coming Soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcus

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Clearly the Deion Branch Saga is a huge distraction for a team preparing for its home opener.

Within the next 24 hours the Patriots will announce they have come to terms with Deion and his agent on a new 4 year extension. It will come in somewhere above the patriots previous best offer and below what teh Seahawks and Jets were offering

this makes too much sense for all parties involved for it not to happen....why?

It is face saving on so many levels

1) It will make BB/SP look good... flexible willing to adjust to new data ( the Seahwaks and Jets offers), do not harbor grudges, shows good faith to the rest of the team

2) Removes a HUGE distraction before the first game and pulls the whole team closer together

3) Avoids a nasty negative all too public airing of grievences with a lot of negative publicity for Patriots front office staff

4) Makes Brache's agent Chayut look good...partial face saving deal for him which will allow hime to attract new clents

5) Gets rid of all the negative publicity for DB very quickly

6) Saves a potential nasty fight between NFL PA and Patriots with unknown consequences

7) Reestablishes the right of the Patriots to decide value on their own players.

8) Trade to either Seahawks or Jets will be very bad for patriots because: It will reinforce the image of the patriots as being unreasonably cheap and it is EXtremely unlikey that they will get equal value back.

Bottom line is, both parties have aready figured out that this can not be allowed to fester and must and will get done by tomorrow. It is simply good business.

marcus said:
Clearly the Deion Branch Saga is a huge distraction for a team preparing for its home opener.

Within the next 24 hours the Patriots will announce they have come to terms with Deion and his agent on a new 4 year extension. It will come in somewhere above the patriots previous best offer and below what teh Seahawks and Jets were offering

1) It will make BB/SP look good... flexible willing to adjust to new data ( the Seahwaks and Jets offers), do not harbor grudges, shows good faith to the rest of the team

2) Removes a HUGE distraction before the first game and pulls the whole team closer together

3) Avoids a nasty negative all too public airing of grievences with a lot of negative publicity for Patriots front office staff

4) Makes Brache's agent Chayut look good...partial face saving deal for him which will allow hime to attract new clents

6) Saves a potential nasty fight between NFL PA and Patriots with unknown consequences

7) Reestablishes the right of the Patriots to decide value on their own players.

8) Trade to either Seahawks or Jets will be very bad for patriots because: It will reinforce the image of the patriots as being unreasonably cheap and it is EXtremely unlikey that they will get equal value back.

Bottom line is, both parties have aready figured out that this can not be allowed to fester and must and will get done by tomorrow. It is simply good business.

Can i get a link for this sudden confirmation please?..Or is this another speculation..

I hope you're right; I'm getting pretty tired of this whole thing. I just want to see some Patriots football without all of this Branch stuff.

This stuff really has the pontential to hurt this season.

As much as I am pissed at Branch, this team has a real shot at another Lombardi this season with him.

I think they could do it without him, but it would be much more diffcult if that were the case.

I hope your right!

But I seriously doubt it!

Can you give us the scores of every game to be played this year while you're at it, Nostradamus?

marcus said:

Although I appreciate your optimism and hope you are correct, I have to disagree.

This situation has become much bigger than just Deion and the Pats and either party saving face.

The ramifications of this situation are an early backdrop for the next CBA negotiation.

Also, Branch's success or failue in this stalemate are being closely monitored by all sports agents as it will impact how they will approach similar situations with their clients.

Chayut has gone much too far, and it would destroy his career if they just capitulated. It's very much an issue of ego at this point.

I still recall the Belichick letting Terry Glenn go despite a similar lack of receiving talent on the team... didn't they win the Super Bowl that year?

marcus said:

I don't think it is going to happen...as for some of the negatives...Negative publicity for the FO??? I don't think there is much..if anything having the grievances aired make Branch and his agent even dumber. And as for #7, it basically gives players an option if they wish to whine and moan that in the end, they'll get paid...makes that avenue a BIT more appeaking. I would not want that road to EVER be appeaking. Sorry!! The trade will make them look bad?? I don't think so..I think anyone who looks at the situation knows what this is all about..Branch has wanted out and has done everything NOT to negotiate.. AND because of that, I don't think it will happen...dream on.

marcus said:

this makes too much sense for all parties involved for it not to happen.

And yet, if when we wake up tomorrow absolutely nothing has transpired will you, Marcus, be the first to lead us by example and swear off starting any more of these individual what I think about the Deion Branch (or Brache if you prefer) threads? Please? I'm begging you...:D

marcus said:

Deion won't take a penny less than the Seattle/New York offer

MoLewisrocks said:
And yet, if when we wake up tomorrow absolutely nothing has transpired will you, Marcus, be the first to lead us by example and swear off starting any more of these individual what I think about the Deion Branch (or Brache if you prefer) threads? Please? I'm begging you...:D

LOL..Well Said..Well Said..

I propose that we start a new trend on this board. When starting a thread that is purely based on conjecture, please put "SPECULATION:" at the front of your post.

I get tired of seeing a headline like this one, thinking there is new news to be read, only to find out after reading through a post that it is entirely the posters opinion of what will happen, based on nothing but their own thoughts.

"SPECULATION: The resolution of the Deion Branch Saga: Coming Soon" would have saved me some time.

/b*tchfest

Note: I just woke up so don't take this personal.

What you are saying makes good sense. This is why it won't happen

soon. Both of the parties involved are too pig-headed.

However, I do believe it will occur on Saturday just before the arbitration

hearing . The lawyers on both sides will force a resolution. Jeffrey

Kessler knows his client has very little chance of winning. On the other

side, the NFL lawyers know that they cannot take the chance of losing.

Both of the parties will still hate each other but will come to a binding

agreement.

Last edited:
Wow...You are tough cynical and angry on this board.
Somehow i thought that this was a place to post opinions and thoughts based on reasonably thought out arguments.

But instead of discussing the content of threads, tyhe "senior members" have to focus on "style points".
If well intentioned posters do not meet their "high standards" of quality posting, then cynical sarcastic angry retorts are posted.

I think it is quite clear that this was speculation based on opinion. If it was not clear I regret that.

the all too common "nostradamus" comment and snooty "misspelling" comments are getting very old.

I think the NFL will do everything possible to help convince the Patriots to settle this prior to the grievance hearing next Saturday. This has huge ramifications for the NFL and the future of situations like this. Either offer Branch what Seattle was offering or trade him, but it can't go until Saturday.

Everyone is looking at this as reasonable..reasonable would have been real negotiation and NOT not countering...and demanding that teh Franchise Tag not be placed on him ..reasonableness was reporting to camp and going the FA route as Givens did. Any and all would have been quite reasonable...the problem is the Branch camp is FAR from that and to think all of a sudden they will be reasonable is laughable. I do think they may find a solution before the meeting..although I wonder what both sides have to lsoe?? I don't think they are going to make the Pats trade him for a 2nd rounder..THAT is unreasonable..and U don't think they will make the Jets give up 2 number ones...What does Branch lsoe in this hearing?? If it's not much downside on his part..there will be no resolution before.

marcus said:

I will give you one name that refutes points 1,2,and 3.
Lawyer Milloy

marcus said:
Wow...You are tough cynical and angry on this board.
Somehow i thought that this was a place to post opinions and thoughts based on reasonably thought out arguments.

But instead of discussing the content of threads, tyhe "senior members" have to focus on "style points".
If well intentioned posters do not meet their "high standards" of quality posting, then cynical sarcastic angry retorts are posted.

I think it is quite clear that this was speculation based on opinion. If it was not clear I regret that.

the all too common "nostradamus" comment and snooty "misspelling" comments are getting very old.

Sorry if my post came across as snooty. But we've just been waiting on real news as far as DB goes for quite some time. I had just woke up and was kinda pissed that your subject led me to believe that something new had broken as far as facts in this story. It was a good read though, later in the day I will get back to you on the actual post.

Brownfan80 said:
Sorry if my post came across as snooty. But we've just been waiting on real news as far as DB goes for quite some time. I had just woke up and was kinda pissed that your subject led me to believe that something new had broken as far as facts in this story. It was a good read though, later in the day I will get back to you on the actual post.
Same here. Chill out Marcusdamus, we're just busting chops.

Patjew said:
Can you give us the scores of every game to be played this year while you're at it, Nostradamus?

4 or 5 games would be enough. Just spread your bets around.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft