PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The power of speech

ridicule and browbeating is not Christian behavior and again I think that is deplorable and im sorry you experienced that. Being a non-Christian for 43 years, and Jewish at that, I faced a little of that at a very young age. Maybe im just being naive that it goes on today with some people who claim to Christian.

Perhaps that beeping you hear is me back off that statement a bit and a commitment to do some praying and research on it with eyes wide open.

That all being said, I would hope all sides could discuss these matters without questioning another groups collective intelligence or motives.
That's ridiculous to say it's not Christian behaviour. All you can say is that it's not ideal Christian behaviour per their self definition. Yet, they have allowed many into their ranks who's subsequent behaviour has been un-Christian. Somewhere along the line, Christianity must take responsibility for this. To respond that these people simply weren't Christian, or became non-Christian by their behavior, would be lame.

That's ridiculous to say it's not Christian behaviour. All you can say is that it's not ideal Christian behaviour per their self definition. Yet, they have allowed many into their ranks who's subsequent behaviour has been un-Christian. Somewhere along the line, Christianity must take responsibility for this. To respond that these people simply weren't Christian, or became non-Christian by their behavior, would be lame.

apparently you wont be satisfied unless I totally bash Christianity. By "Christian behavior" I am not referring to how Christians behave, but how they are supposed to behave by Christs teachings. Yes, there are Christians who behave poorly, and just because they behave poorly, im not saying they arent Christians. What I am saying is that they are not behaving as they are commanded to. It is not a failure of Christ that certain people dont get a clue how to be followers, it is the failing of the people involved.

This would be like blaming Muslims as a religion for 9/11, which sadly, many people do. Or the Catholic religion for child molestation, which sadly, many people do. This lets people with self-will off the hook, by blaming God or blaming the religion. I dont blame the unification church for the behavior of one person on this board. I dont blame Judaism for David Berkowitz.

Does that clear up what Im saying?

apparently you wont be satisfied unless I totally bash Christianity. By "Christian behavior" I am not referring to how Christians behave, but how they are supposed to behave by Christs teachings. Yes, there are Christians who behave poorly, and just because they behave poorly, im not saying they arent Christians. What I am saying is that they are not behaving as they are commanded to. It is not a failure of Christ that certain people dont get a clue how to be followers, it is the failing of the people involved.
Nonetheless, these are Christians who have behaved badly, contrary to you original statement that Christians have never bashed atheists.

This would be like blaming Muslims as a religion for 9/11, which sadly, many people do. Or the Catholic religion for child molestation, which sadly, many people do. This lets people with self-will off the hook, by blaming God or blaming the religion. I dont blame the unification church for the behavior of one person on this board. I dont blame Judaism for David Berkowitz.

Does that clear up what Im saying?
These are not good analogies. This would be more akin to knowing that Muslims slammed jets into the World Trade Center and the Pentagon; certainly, any right minded Muslim should disavow such behavior, but it would be proposterous to say Muslims have never meant ill will to Americans. This is what you're attempting to say when you declare that no Christian has ever bashed an athiest. This simply isn't true.

Last edited:
That's totally unfair, Wildo. You're offensive, no doubt, but that doesn't mean all atheists are offensive...

:D

Just being a **** again,

PFnV

That's totally unfair, Wildo. You're offensive, no doubt, but that doesn't mean all atheists are offensive...

:D

Just being a **** again,

PFnV

Exactly my point, why label all atheists just for my actions;)

By "Christian behavior" I am not referring to how Christians behave, but how they are supposed to behave by Christs teachings.

If everyone behaved how they were supposed to, we'd have lollipop trees and chocolate rivers.

Christians should be judged on how they DO act, not how they're "supposed to" act. This is reality, not a fairy tale.

Nonetheless, these are Christians who have behaved badly, contrary to you original statement that Christians have never bashed atheists.

These are not good analogies. This would be more akin to knowing that Muslims slammed jets into the World Trade Center and the Pentagon; certainly, any right minded Muslim should disavow such behavior, but it would be proposterous to say Muslims have never meant ill will to Americans. This is what you're attempting to say when you declare that no Christian has ever bashed an athiest. This simply isn't true.

did you read my last 2 posts my any chance?

did you read my last 2 posts my any chance?
You have not responded to my subsequent post. What? You don't understand them. Basically, I indicated your last two posts were still wrong.

You have not responded to my subsequent post. What? You don't understand them. Basically, I indicated your last two posts were still wrong.

ok, for the third and last time Godef, i backed off my comment that, to you, sounded like I said it absolutely never happens or has happened. Of course it happens. And I shouldnt have implied that it didnt. Beyond that I dont know what you want me say.

of course, Christians can and do behave badly. What I said is that if they have, if you were beat up, if a people were killed in past atrosities in the name of Jesus, that does not make the Religion the problem, or Jesus Himself, it is misguided people not practicing what Jesus taught. It doesnt mean Christians didnt do these things, it means its not what they were supposed to do as Christians, so the Religion cannot be made responsible any more than the Religion of Islam is responsible for 9/11. Or Judaism is to blame for the latest conflict between Israel and Hamas.

If your main point is that I shouldnt have said "Christians never..." than I agree with you.

If your point is Christianity is to blame for you getting beat up years ago than no, that is taking people with Free Will who werent following Jesus off the hook.

of course, Christians can and do behave badly. What I said is that if they have, if you were beat up, if a people were killed in past atrosities in the name of Jesus, that does not make the Religion the problem, or Jesus Himself, it is misguided people not practicing what Jesus taught. It doesnt mean Christians didnt do these things, it means its not what they were supposed to do as Christians, so the Religion cannot be made responsible any more than the Religion of Islam is responsible for 9/11. Or Judaism is to blame for the latest conflict between Israel and Hamas.

Thats a reasonable argument, and on some basis, I agree. The problem is, religions keep producing these sorts of crazies. Maybe they're not actually teaching what they think they are.

Despite teh fact that Christianity teaches tolerance, almost all of the extremely intolerant people I know would call themselves christian.

Thats a reasonable argument, and on some basis, I agree. The problem is, religions keep producing these sorts of crazies. Maybe they're not actually teaching what they think they are.

Despite teh fact that Christianity teaches tolerance, almost all of the extremely intolerant people I know would call themselves christian.

ive met many extremly intolerant people who are not Christians.

Go to classroom at UMASS and tell them you believe in ************ and see how "tolerant" people are.

extemes on any side is not a good thing.

Last edited:

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back