The Patriots: where the NFL goes for kickers

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctpatsfan77

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
From the Herald:

Oh well. Polian did add that had the Colts failed to sign Adam Vinatieri, they were planning to draft Stephen Gostkowski.

So the Bears get Robbie Gould, the Dolts take Vinatieri, the Dolts and the Cowboys get Gramatica. The Pats, of course, have the best of the bunch, in Gostkowski. :)

Honestly, I think that if the Pats signed the worst kicker in the NCAA this year for TC, and cut him at the end, the guy'd be on a roster somewhere in the NFL by season's end. . . .

From the Herald:

So the Bears get Robbie Gould, the Dolts take Vinatieri, the Dolts and the Cowboys get Gramatica. The Pats, of course, have the best of the bunch, in Gostkowski. :)

Honestly, I think that if the Pats signed the worst kicker in the NCAA this year for TC, and cut him at the end, the guy'd be on a roster somewhere in the NFL by season's end. . . .

I think this pretty much holds true for any position. Case in point we got a 6th round pick for Gorin. I mean that is almost laughable. Even Poteat found a home, he was overdue.

Don't forget Phil Dawson of the Browns who was with the Patriots for a while in the Vinatraitor years.

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/team/player.php?id=26

After signing with Oakland out of college he was a Patriots from 8/98 to 3/99 spending the year on the Practice Squad before being signed by Cleveland.

Gramatica was on the Colts before the Patriots, then back to the Colts.

The trick though is to not let a good one like Vinadict Arnold go. The trick is to push one like Vanderjagt off on another team, one who's out of the league several months into the next season.

Gotti appears to be as competent as Vinatraitor, is cheaper and younger. We took a heck of a risk with that move but it didn't hurt us and I'm as confident going into 2007 with Gotti as I would have been with the Traitor.

Gostkowski is going to be one of the NFL's best kickers in just a few years, I know it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back