PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The pass that gave KC hope

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually I don't think Hicks was held at all. He was on a bull rush to create pressure and aid other rushers (and he did his job very well) but he he lost steam and his balance at the end and was pushed to the ground and covered by the KC Olman. Plus from what I saw, the OLman kept his hands within the body the whole time.

No the fault in this play was ours in failing to get Smith down when we had him trapped twice. I think we would be better served using our "righteous indignation" on more worthy plays. Try finding a clip of the PI in the end zone that wasn't called if you feel the need to vent. ;)

There were a few instances where no penalty was called but we were held or blocked in the back or interfered with. Very frustrating but not surprising when we play anymore. However, in the GB/AZ they did seem to "let them play" more.

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that even if they're lights out during the game, Butler and/or Ryan seem to give up a big 4th quarter completion almost every game in the latter half of the season. Can't say I can identify every time it has happened right now, but it's something I've been aware of as I've been watching the game. I'm thinking about the completion to Albert Wilson at the 1yd line last night as an example (Butler in coverage).

Honestly, you can call a hold on any play. There was nothing in there that seemed out of place.
The pass in the end zone where Edelman was grabbed prior to the ball getting there was bizarre. But, then so was the obvious no-call in the Green Bay game when Aaron threw out of the end zone late in the game to the receiver who got turned by the defense?
Also, thinking of muting the tv instead of listening to a qb turned broadcaster cry about hits.

Did anyone else see the top story on NFL.com today?

Declaring that Peyton will get his chance to write a storybook ending to his career.

NFL HGH Manning ball washing already in full swing.....
Sorry folks.... we are officially F***ed

No, there shouldn't have been. It wasn't a score, wasn't a turnover, and wasn't inside 2 min left in a half. If everyone's following the rules that's not reviewable unless a coach challenges it.

I've seen booth reviews for goal line plays

Smith was out of the pocket so that block in the back should have been called, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back