PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots vs Colts postgame thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great win, just hoping manning chokes again

One small play I was really happy to see was a draw to Vereen on 3rd & 3.

My daughter (12) couldn't stay up for the game. First thing she did this morning was to tell me not to say any thing about the game and she's watching the recorded game as we speak.

*sniff* such a proud moment and I get to watch the 2nd half of the game again to boot. :rocker:

One small play I was really happy to see was a draw to Vereen on 3rd & 3.

Yeah. Draw play on 3rd and 3. McDaniels sucks! Oh wait.

I too want them running Vereen more.

BdyOQaACMAAW5v7.jpg

And that's the Denver Post.

Normally hate anti-Manning threads, but for this week and maybe next, I'm all in.

So what would the call have been if Allen threw the ball properly to the guy in front of him, who intentionally dropped it? Incomplete, right? Even though it was like 60 yards behind the LOS...

It makes me happy that BB has probably practiced this.

More reason that Dierdorf was all wet with his analysis of this play. A.) 2 points and field position was vastly better than 1st and goal for the Colts and B.) he kept saying nothing good could come of Allen handling the ball. If he could manage an incomplete pass it would have saved them 40+ yards of field position.

NFL Lines AFC & NFC Conference Championship Games
NFL Football Line Conference Championship Playoffs.
Title Game NFL Playoff Lines 1/19, 2014

Date & Time Favorite Line Underdog Total
1/19 3:00 ET At Denver -7* New England
1/19 3:00 ET At New England -6* San Diego
1/19 6:30 ET At Seattle -3.5* San Francisco 40.5*
1/19 6:30 ET At Seattle -7* Carolina 39*

-7 DEN, are you kidding me? Now that's a good one!

The patriots defense is elite :rocker:

We've waited years for a fast linebacker like collins.

We'll never know if Collins would have developed this much 9via playing time) if Mayo didn't get injured. Having both of them on the field, and Hightower in a role that suits him better, is something to look forward to.

If you take away Blount's 73-yard run, Blount and Ridley had similar YPC.

IF thats the way you want to start doing comparisons, if you take away blounts couple of negitive runs, his ypc goes up.

You cant just take something away from him because ridley cant seem to match it. Blount has repeatedly broken off long runs this season, Runs longer then anything ridley has ever been able to do in the pros. thats a fact. That makes him more dynamic.

And how can you say ridley had more "wiggle" if you didnt watch the game? If by wiggle you mean you gets tackled by gusts of wind and never seems to be able to run through the first would be tackle, then sure hes got more wiggle. give me the east coast beast mode please.

All that being said, i love watching the Runningback squad do their jump in the air celebration

Congrats, the better team advanced. Our run defense was as laughable as any time during the 00's. They are trying to fix it for a decade now, no luck. Speaking about Luck, what we were talking about, he's still too inconsistent. Oh well, it was a good run for that young team.

Cept that one year Bob Sanders went friggin HAM. Crazy had big of a difference that guy made.

I recorded this game on the Genie with DirectTV. I believe the channel was 5 (CBS I think). When I went to play the game when the game was over, all there was was a black screen with no audio for the entire video.

Not sure what happened. Anyone know what might of happened? The only thing I can think of is DRM preventing a recording. I plan on recording the Chargers/Broncos game and don't want the same to happen.

I agree with you with regard to the passing game. They are limited. With the inability to throw to the outside which has allowed defenses to focus on jamming the underneath and middle of the field throws, that has been one of the reasons this team has lost on the playoffs. I'm hoping Dobson and Tompkins are OK next week. I think they need them.

In terms of the secondary, Arrington and McCourty did not have good games. Overall I thought Talib on Hilton was a bad matchup and Dennard made some good plays and not so good plays. Keep in mind the slick field I believe helps the receiver so that might have had a little to do with some of the longer completions. I also think Luck made some GREAT throws last night. On the other hand he completed less than 50% of his passes, converted 6-15 on 3rd down and threw 4 picks so the pass defense (along with the rush) did something right. Wouldn't be too hard on them. The pass defense is much better than recent years. Can't stop ever play.

Agree with you that the pass D is better this year than in the recent past. What concerns me is that they tend to have these lapses where they allow the other team to go 80 yds in 4 plays for a TD. We've seen that all to often for my comfort.

I recorded this game on the Genie with DirectTV. I believe the channel was 5 (CBS I think). When I went to play the game when the game was over, all there was was a black screen with no audio for the entire video.

Not sure what happened. Anyone know what might of happened? The only thing I can think of is DRM preventing a recording. I plan on recording the Chargers/Broncos game and don't want the same to happen.

Try recording part of the first game and see if the same thing happens.

looking forward to next week!
qPfYbnh.jpg

I was sitting back and enjoying the game last night and didn't really study it (and that term is used loosely with my football knowledge). But, I didn't look for who was wearing the communications device/green dot. Was it Fletcher?

OK, this has been bothering me since I saw it in the Globe this a.m. WHo is the Patriot making the block on the right in this photo:

11pats10.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick