PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official MNF Discussion Thread: Bal-Cin AND SF-Ariz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I think the Seahawks are the clear powerhouse in that division. The Rams are more talented and Arizona has some good coaches for a change. The NFC South is pretty weak, but the other two divisions look competitive.

Ok, I'll keep up hope that they miss the playoffs . It's possible if Seattle doesn't slip too much more than they did last year, and Arizona finally comes around. I think St Louis's weapons are getting old though, and their defense is still pitiful. SF does have a running game but I agree that Alex Smith is unimpressive. I can't imagine having spent a #1 pick on that guy.

Edit - S Jackson obviously is an exception to St louis's weapons getting old. Looked awefull yesterday though

Last edited:
My take - if Brian Billick still has his job by midnight tonight then the Ravens deserve to go 0-16.

They have been an underachieving team since 2001. In my time, I have watched plenty of bad coaching: Carroll, Edwards, Schottenheimer, Wandsdtat. This was the most poorly coached game I have ever witnessed. There is no reason why Brian Billick should still be a coach in this league.

I think that's harsh. As far as tonight's game went, if Ravens offensive players could have simply held onto the ball then they almost certainly win the game. If that dreadful PI hadn't been called on Heap, they take it to overtime even after all those fumbles.

Man these teams both suck. SF will lose a lot of games if they keep playing like this all year.

@St. Louis
@Pittsburgh
Seattle
Baltimore

Next 4 for SF. They should lose 3 of those.

Ditka's in the booth, so obligatory footage from Super Bowl XXV. Bleh.

I think the Michigan - Notre Dame game will be better played than this. And Leinart's arm makes Pennington's look good.

Ugh.

Willis looks like he's been playing for years. He is around every ball and has knocked the QB down a couple times. I would not be surprised to see him in the probowl this year.

TBC looks like... TBC. I'm glad he found a place where he could start.

I feel so sorry for Bolden and Fitzgerald.............. They are both such great WR's and they are imprisoned in Arizona.

Going into the 4th Q an those 2 have a combined 5 catch for 26 yards. That actually baffles my mind.

Last edited:
Willis looks like he's been playing for years. He is around every ball and has knocked the QB down a couple times. I would not be surprised to see him in the probowl this year.
Willis does look good.

I feel so sorry for Bolden and Fitzgerald.............. They are both such great WR's and they are imprisoned in Arizana.

Going into the 4th Q an those 2 have a combined 5 catch for 26 yards. That actually baffles my mind.

Those two and poor Andre Johnson are just screwed. Johnson's the best WR in the league, but he's stuck in Houston, and Fitzgerald and Boldin aren't far behind.

The good news is SF looks horrendous - the bad news is so does the rest of their division other than Seattle. At St. Louis won't be easy on a short week though.

SF is driving, trying to take the lead with under 2 minutes left. But like someone said earlier, they look bad, other than their D.

Nice play now to prevent a touchdown. Actually it was a drop.

Last edited:
Almost picked off. Fourth and 1 at the Cardinals 45.

Alex Smith with a 20+ yard run.

SF at the Cards 18 yard line. 1 minute left

Last edited:
Wow, can't believe the Cardinals didn't recover that fumble.

First and goal at the 1 for the Niners. Damn!

Wow, can't believe the Cardinals didn't recover that fumble.

Couldn't he of pushed it out at the back of the endzone for the touchback. Don't matter now. SF touchdown.

Ditka's awful.

Exciting end of the game though (unfortunately for the Pats).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft