PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The most mindblowing stat

Status
Not open for further replies.

randomk1

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
10 years as a starter and 5 of them Brady has led his team to a SB. Compare that to any QB not named Otto Graham(who played in an era of who gives a ****) and you have nobody that comes even close. And Brady looks like he is well on his way for more with a complete roster turnaround.

Brady 5 of 10

Giant forehead - 2 of 13

Montana 4 of 13 (unless i'm missing some other injury seasons) + a ****load of talent on O + like top 3 ranked Ds every season he did win, which never seems to get mentioned.

Elway - 5 of 16

Favre - 2 of 25(??)

Rapistberger - 3 of 8 - carried by the best D of the decade and still needs 2 consecutive SB appearances just to match #12

Marino - 1 of 17

Jets - 0 of 40+

Brady - born to win.

Might have been 6 out of 11 if Brady doesn't get injured in 08. Gotta think they would have won 2 or 3 more regular season games that year which would have gotten them the #1 seed

Last edited:
10 years as a starter and 5 of them Brady has led his team to a SB. Compare that to any QB not named Otto Graham(who played in an era of who gives a ****) and you have nobody that comes even close. And Brady looks like he is well on his way for more with a complete roster turnaround.

Brady 5 of 10

Giant forehead - 2 of 13

Montana 4 of 13 (unless i'm missing some other injury seasons) + a ****load of talent on O + like top 3 ranked Ds every season he did win, which never seems to get mentioned.

Elway - 5 of 16

Favre - 2 of 25(??)

Rapistberger - 3 of 8 - carried by the best D of the decade and still needs 2 consecutive SB appearances just to match #12

Marino - 1 of 17

Jets - 0 of 40+

Brady - born to win.

And yet somehow his SB losses are enough so that people remove him from the G.O.A.T. conversation.

:bricks:

Yet somehow Manning whose only SB win was against Rex Grossman and has a losing record in the playoffs keeps staying in that conversation

Last edited:
Yet somehow Manning whose only SB win was against Rex Grossman and has a losing record in the playoffs keeps staying in that conversation

Brady can't beat his little brother in the Super Bowl. Peyton Manning isn't even the best QB in the bunk beds back home. Eli is 2 for 2 in the Super Bowl and 2 SB victories in 8 years.

Brady can't beat his little brother in the Super Bowl. Peyton Manning isn't even the best QB in the bunk beds back home. Eli is 2 for 2 in the Super Bowl and 2 SB victories in 8 years.

Agreed.

Whether you like it or not, Eli will go down as one of the best quarterbacks of his generation, if not the best.

Agreed.

Whether you like it or not, Eli will go down as one of the best quarterbacks of his generation, if not the best.

What do you consider Eli's generation? Rodgers is better than he is anyways.

And Eli has sucked for a large portion of his career and that team won in spite of Eli. Career below 60% passer,82.1 rating and 1.4 TD-INT ratio. His best asset is probably his ****** luck.

And yet somehow his SB losses are enough so that stupid people remove him from the G.O.A.T. conversation.

Enhanced and improved it for you.
icon_smile.gif

What do you consider Eli's generation? Rodgers is better than he is anyways.

And Eli has sucked for a large portion of his career and that team won in spite of Eli. Career below 60% passer,82.1 rating and 1.4 TD-INT ratio. His best asset is probably his ****** luck.

Eli's got twice as many rings as Brett Favre, Aaron Rodgers and Peyton Manning. And, he got both rings against Bill Belichick and the New England Patriots. It is what it is.

Eli's got twice as many rings as Brett Favre, Aaron Rodgers and Peyton Manning. And, he got both rings against Bill Belichick and the New England Patriots. It is what it is.

And yet, if you ask 1,000 NFL fans to list the top three quarterbacks of the last decade, the only ones that will have Eli on that list are Giants fans.

No dissing the Otto Graham era, please, or the Cleveland Browns of that time. Paul Brown was the BB of his day in many, many ways. Graham was extraordinarily accurate and had a great touch. I once saw WR Dante Lavelli sprintingtoward the end zone, looking away from Graham, then raising his arms above his head, waiting for Graham's pass. The ball fell into his hands--he never did look at it--and of course he scored. The crowd was totally silent, in awe.

I also remember the day that in a play toward the end of the first half, half of Graham's lip was ripped open. Fifty or sixty stitches during halftime and he was back in for the second half. Won the game, of course. May have been a long time ago, but pro football in those days was anything but a powder puff game.

The Browns started in something called the All America Conference, which was barely a hair above college ball, and the Browns were so much better than all the other teams that it was no contest. The AAC folded and a couple of teams were invited to join the NFL, the Browns being one of them, of course. "We'll teach these guys what real football is like," the NFL said. The Browns won the championship that year, beating the Philadelphia Eagles 35-10, if memory serves. And they kept winning.

For a young kid, a big fan like me, it was a lot like the last decade of the Patriots. Only better.

Agreed.

No, he won't, not unless he plays for a number of years at a high level. Right now Eli is the flavor of the month among people who are pretty stupid. Teams win championships, not individual players but stupid people always give all the credit and blame to the QB and the head coach.

If Welker makes that catch and the Patriots win TFB is hailed as the best ever, but due to something out of his control people will take him down several notches.

And yet somehow his SB losses are enough so that people remove him from the G.O.A.T. conversation.

Give it time. In a few years everyone will see and appreciate what we see and appreciate--except for the hardcore sphincters.

No dissing the Otto Graham era, please, or the Cleveland Browns of that time. Paul Brown was the BB of his day in many, many ways. Graham was extraordinarily accurate and had a great touch. I once saw WR Dante Lavelli sprintingtoward the end zone, looking away from Graham, then raising his arms above his head, waiting for Graham's pass. The ball fell into his hands--he never did look at it--and of course he scored. The crowd was totally silent, in awe.

I also remember the day that in a play toward the end of the first half, half of Graham's lip was ripped open. Fifty or sixty stitches during halftime and he was back in for the second half. Won the game, of course. May have been a long time ago, but pro football in those days was anything but a powder puff game.

The Browns started in something called the All America Conference, which was barely a hair above college ball, and the Browns were so much better than all the other teams that it was no contest. The AAC folded and a couple of teams were invited to join the NFL, the Browns being one of them, of course. "We'll teach these guys what real football is like," the NFL said. The Browns won the championship that year, beating the Philadelphia Eagles 35-10, if memory serves. And they kept winning.

For a young kid, a big fan like me, it was a lot like the last decade of the Patriots. Only better.

Amen.

Not including Otto Graham in a conversation about Greatest QB's of All Time, or omitting Paul Brown from a discussion about Greatest Coaches of All Time, or overlooking the Browns when arguing Greatest Dynasties of All Time is like excluding ************ from a debate about Greatest Christians of All Time. :rolleyes:

I mean: He's right up there.
thumb.gif

I'd argue that winning consistently in an era like that is just not as impressive but with a post like that...i give up.

"10 years as a starter and 5 of them Brady has led his team to a SB. Compare that to any QB not named Otto Graham(who played in an era of who gives a ****) and you have nobody that comes even close. And Brady looks like he is well on his way for more with a complete roster turnaround.

What a dumb thing to say. Just because you didn't see players of yesteryear doesn't mean you shouldn't be respectful. You must be one of those who doesn't know anything occurred in football before 2001

Montana is the greatest QB of all time IMO...4 SBs..4 wins = undefeated

Brady is right up there,but if Eli wins 2 more,then Brady might have a roommate up there

It's not how much you win in the regular season,it's not how many times you get to the SB...it's winning the SB that unfortunately will always be the deciding factor when ranking the G.O.A.T. QBs.....even if that doesnt seem fair.

P. Manning,Graham,Staubach,Bradshaw,Unitas,Elway will always be considered some of the best QBs ever,just not at the top.

Who knows if Aikman might have won another SB or two if he didn't retire at only 34

It's not how much you win in the regular season,it's not how many times you get to the SB...it's winning the SB that unfortunately will always be the deciding factor when ranking the G.O.A.T. QBs.....even if that doesnt seem fair.

P. Manning,Graham,Staubach,Bradshaw,Unitas,Elway will always be considered some of the best QBs ever,just not at the top.

Contradiction?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore