PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Josh Gordon Thread: Pats Officially Acquire Gordon for Fifth-Round Pick

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need him. Is he the next Randy Moss? Maybe/maybe not. Never the less we need a WR that can get open. Even if he is average he will help.

I think it will work because I’ve seen B.B. take practice squad guys and use them. Gordon should have some ability left

Like everyone, there is concern over Gordon's potential to relapse and be lost.

One thing that hasn't been mentioned is that Gordon hasn't failed a drug test since 2016, though he admits to having relapsed sometime in early 2017. He then went to a 3 month rehab, before asking for reinstatement to the NFL in May of 2017.

If he's been truly clean and sober since that 2nd rehab stint, then that's a very good sign. No failed drug tests is a good sign..

Hope for the best. Expect the worst..

Like everyone, there is concern over Gordon's potential to relapse and be lost.

One thing that hasn't been mentioned is that Gordon hasn't failed a drug test since 2016, though he admits to having relapsed sometime in early 2017. He then went to a 3 month rehab, before asking for reinstatement to the NFL in May of 2017.

If he's been truly clean and sober since that 2nd rehab stint, then that's a very good sign. No failed drug tests is a good sign..

Hope for the best. Expect the worst..

He is more likely than not to relapse? Lol

Nah, I realize that he most likely will relapse, especially here with belichicks ways. If that whole concept is even true. He is going to have pressure here that he’s never experienced before

I am now less optimistic about Gordon.

My concerns:

a.) I am not even sure he is in 'football shape' due to reports of Hue Jackson "punishing" him by giving him 69 reps...whatever. Then him not playing 2 straight weeks.

b.) I also don't want our team to think he's the savior. Hogan and Dorsett still need to make plays.

c.) The whole relapse issue...whether it's because he's addicted or not making smart decisions is irrelevant. Whether he relapses or not is relevant.

My concerns:

a.) I am not even sure he is in 'football shape' due to reports of Hue Jackson "punishing" him by giving him 69 reps...whatever. Then him not playing 2 straight weeks.

b.) I also don't want our team to think he's the savior. Hogan and Dorsett still need to make plays.

c.) The whole relapse issue...whether it's because he's addicted or not making smart decisions is irrelevant. Whether he relapses or not is relevant.

A) I’m suprised thst they even know what a football is in Cleveland. He is a WR. Doesn’t have to tackle. Really doesn’t have to hit or get hit like most other players on every single play. Them saying he wasn’t in football shape is funny to me.

B) he isn’t the savior. He is just a cog that may/should help everyone. I’m sure thats how they are approaching it.

C) correct.

My concerns:

Think of the source.

He plays 69 snaps and catches a TD late in the 4th qtr.

He may not be in Navy SEAL shape but he certainly is in good enough football shape to play 69 snaps.

My Take: Typical Skidmarks layering on the rhetoric to justify trading Josh.

My concerns:

I'm curious what has occurred that has lead to you being less optimistic. I took your post to imply that you were previously more optimistic.

My concerns:

So, you’re saying you’re not “hyped?”

I'm curious what has occurred that has lead to you being less optimistic. I took your post to imply that you were previously more optimistic.

The Boston Globe article detailing the Gordon timeline from high school to present...a long history of drug use coupled with inability to stay on the field...I forgot who wrote it...one of their new female sports writers....

Hopefully Gordon works out. Folks keep getting hurt we might be seeing the 41 year old Brady throwing to a 41 year old moss...he does still have 10 touchdowns in him left after all

Has anyone heard how he’s looked in practice? Or really anything on him this week? I may have missed it, but seems quiet on the Gordon news

Has anyone heard how he’s looked in practice? Or really anything on him this week? I may have missed it, but seems quiet on the Gordon news
Seeing how practices are pretty much closed to the local media idiots, there isn't a lot of info to dispense.

To your point no one is talking about this guy. No one.

The Patriots have turned the hype train down to a barely audible level.

Seeing how practices are pretty much closed to the local media idiots, there isn't a lot of info to dispense.

To your point no one is talking about this guy. No one.

The Patriots have turned the hype train down to a barely audible level.

You’re right, I thought it was just me being down here in TN. I listen to EEi daily, but it’s been reallll quiet.

Remember when Moss was talked about as a potential cut ? “We haven’t seen him all offseason” ; “he lost a step” ; “he has such a bad attitude”....

If this guys is even 2/3 of the prize, NE would be ecstatic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST