PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Jimmy G pumping tires has gone full ******....

Status
Not open for further replies.
BB asking Butler to interfere/manipulate perception... You guys are off your ****ing nuts.

Butler is teammates with both, I'm sure he meant it and why would it be perceived as disrespectful to Brady? I'm sure Brady is glad to hear that his teammate looks good to a defender.

"Malcolm, go!.. plug Jimmy to the press a little, we need to up his trade value a bit"
Nice try? Not buying fora second.

BB said almost the same exact thing this season.

Let's not forget, the two best halves of football Patriots fans watched all year for the offense were week 2 against Miami and the second half of the super bowl.

JimmyG might actually, you know, be really really good.

right? i mean he's a second round pick who's gone basically 2-0 in his starts, threw 4 tds in a quarter.

Courtesy of Comcast NE is this gem:

“Oh man, Jimmy is really good. Lot of times, you can’t tell the difference (between Jimmy Garoppolo and Tom Brady).” -Malcolm Butler

Now that's highly disrespectful to Tom. I doubt MB would do that unless he was told to.

If it wasn't directed from above...Malcolm....

View attachment 16316

Since I attended opening night in Arizona, I can say that the overriding impression of that night was how Jimmy G looked like TB out there.

Going into Week 1 against a 13-3 team, in their house, without Gronk was amazing.

It's too bad what happened against Miami because Jimmy G is the real deal.

“Oh man, Jimmy is really good. Lot of times, you can’t tell the difference (between Jimmy Garoppolo and Tom Brady).” -Malcolm Butler

Now that's highly disrespectful to Tom. I doubt MB would do that unless he was told to.

View attachment 16316
BB said almost the same exact thing this season.

Let's not forget, the two best halves of football Patriots fans watched all year for the offense were week 2 against Miami and the second half of the super bowl.

JimmyG might actually, you know, be really really good.

We will find out how many real fans BB has when Jimmy G gets his long term contract.

I don't see how Malcom saying that is any disrespect to Brady.....

Jimmy looked great his limited time out their.

Malcolm plays on the other side of the football. His only expertise with either one is watching them from the sidelines.

Other than playing against both of them in practice?

Butler says what he thinks and he's gone "full ******"? Man we have some short memories here. No matter what he says, he's responsible for this...

malcolm_butler_tpt_02.jpg

.....so I'm sorry if I'm taken aback a bit by the vitriol.

You guys won't want to hear this but, I bet you both Brady and Jimmy get traded to pave the way for Brissett. Brady is great but, healthy Brissett we were outscoring teams by an average of 27-0. It's a no brainer.

You guys won't want to hear this but, I bet you both Brady and Jimmy get traded to pave the way for Brissett. Brady is great but, healthy Brissett we were outscoring teams by an average of 27-0. It's a no brainer.
Can you imagine the haul of Draft Picks for both players? It be like the whole first round!

Butler says what he thinks and he's gone "full ******"? Man we have some short memories here. No matter what he says, he's responsible for this...

malcolm_butler_tpt_02.jpg

.....so I'm sorry if I'm taken aback a bit by the vitriol.

And if Butler has gone full ****** so has Bill because he said it first.

U guys this is BB written all over it.
They're buttering him up mannnn
Can't wait to see what we get for him

They really want a first-rounder it seems.

Or maybe they ARE planning to part with Brady sooner than later, and are setting fan's expectations of the new guy high to cushion the blow to the fanbase.

No I don't think that. But... you know... never rule these things out.

The New England Patriots are well known for not being a bunch of sentimental saps when the time comes to make move to put the team in a better position for the longterm. I just can't rule out the possibility that the franchise decides at some point that it's time to take the plunge, cut ties with the GOAT, and run with the QB they intend to rebuild the franchise around.

He might look like Brady sometimes, but he is not Brady.

here s the thing for me. Belichick rarely will trade away a player with unique talent...if he thinks Garoppolo in 2 -3 years is better than brady and is the next aaron rodgers, no way he lets him go and trades him away. Jimmy could be really good...or we could be over-reacting to one game and 2 quarters of football.

Nick foles looked rediculous his first season when he came out and had 27tds - 2 interceptions now hes not even on a team.

just my opinion. I dont think BB would let this kid go if he thinks hes the real deal.

Unless he feels Jacoby will be => Jimmy G.

This is a possibility most overlook.

Or maybe they ARE planning to part with Brady sooner than later, and are setting fan's expectations of the new guy high to cushion the blow to the fanbase.

No I don't think that. But... you know... never rule these things out.

The New England Patriots are well known for not being a bunch of sentimental saps when the time comes to make move to put the team in a better position for the longterm. I just can't rule out the possibility that the franchise decides at some point that it's time to take the plunge, cut ties with the GOAT, and run with the QB they intend to rebuild the franchise around.
More than likely keep him this year franchise him next year then see where Brady is.

View attachment 16316

BB said the same thing earlier this year..

BB asking Butler to interfere/manipulate perception... You guys are off your ****ing nuts.

Butler is teammates with both, I'm sure he meant it and why would it be perceived as disrespectful to Brady? I'm sure Brady is glad to hear that his teammate looks good to a defender.

how can you say this is nuts...you arent at practice...neither am i. you dont know if this is true or not. who thought Aaron Rodgers was better than favre ? probly not many people. i personally dont think Jimmy is as good as brady, but how on earth would i know that?

FWIW I rewatched the Week 1 game @ Arizona and a lot of times I forgot that JimmyG was the QB. He throws a lot of the same routes as TFB and throws them to a similar spot that only his receiver can catch. He also moves around in the pocket well and gets rid of the ball when needed. He really reminds me of Brady circa 2003. In the Arizona game he sailed a sideline pass that seemed to loft at the midway point. I said to myself that, "I haven't seen Brady do that in ages" only to remember that it was JimmyG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST