PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The fundamental difference between the PATS and the JESTERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
signbabybrady,

I find Rex entertaining, mainly because he has backed his career with results, he is a talented coach. His talk pushes the envelope, and I don't think he's doing it to punch anyones buttons but his own. I think he's afraid of failing and thats how he deals with it. He says these things to push himself, I believe.

Its as entertaining as watching Babe Ruth point to the bleachers for a home run as he stands on home plate. This is where I am conflicted as a 3rd party, so to speak.

Putting the entertainment aside, I can also see it for what it is. Much like watching a reality show, you wonder why you wasted and hour on such non sense when nothing becomes of it.

So in short, at the end of the day no its not entertaining.

If I were in the Patriots shoes... I would find this very boisterous, rude, annoying, and disrespectful of my teams achievements.

I have a great respect for the Jets players and fans. I think the Jets fans are very knowledgeable when it comes to football, and much like N.O. they have kept faith. There are many similarities between us. They are a small good group of people surrounded by Giant fans. I wish they would approach you as we did.

I believe you understand my and N.O. deep respect for the Patriots, their accomplishments, and future accomplishments. I do not think it a bad thing for us to copy your ball club in hopes of becoming a better team. Many fans like ,Dallas, redskins, etc.. win allot in the past and become egotistic to the point of demeaning us and allot of teams that are less fortunate. We didn't find that in N.E., their team are champions and their fans acted as champions to us. We are are a very easy influence people in L.A. when we see good things.

In this extremely long and drawn out way signbabybrady I will answer your question, for what it is.

No, it is not right, and disrespectful for the Jets to be acting in this manor. It would not be allowed to happen in N.O. and we would be deeply offended if the Falcons , who we were lucky to beat 7-1 during Paytons time as coach, decided to talk about us like we were not even in their division! Some call this swagger, we call this weakness. I mean, this says you truely do not understand what you are up against. I would get very annoyed if this behavior continues.

I think you need to look into your feeling that Ryan has backed up his talk with success.
He was NOT the DC of the top Ravens defenses. In fact they were barely better than .500 and the HC got fired when he was DC.
Last season they went 7-7 before being gifted 2 wins by winning 7 games against teams that were 7-9 on average, and having 3-4 record against losing teams. (2-3 vs winning teams and 2-0 vs 8-8s)
Doesnt mean he will necessary fail, but he hasnt come close to doing anything in his career to backup his mouth.

I think you need to look into your feeling that Ryan has backed up his talk with success.
He was NOT the DC of the top Ravens defenses. In fact they were barely better than .500 and the HC got fired when he was DC.
Last season they went 7-7 before being gifted 2 wins by winning 7 games against teams that were 7-9 on average, and having 3-4 record against losing teams. (2-3 vs winning teams and 2-0 vs 8-8s)
Doesnt mean he will necessary fail, but he hasnt come close to doing anything in his career to backup his mouth.

Dude this is just semantics. He didnt do a bad job last year, lets see what he does this season. You know Payton is never going to be better than BB, but you cant blame him for trying.

Hernandez is going to be the one gutting them. He will be the big mismatch.
I agree. I think Hernandez is going to be a stud from the beginning. In fact, I've compared him to Dallas Clark many times.

Hey Kontradiction, you've seen him play a lot. What do you think?

Last edited:
Dude this is just semantics. He didnt do a bad job last year, lets see what he does this season. You know Payton is never going to be better than BB, but you cant blame him for trying.
OK, but for him to have a career that backs up his mouth, he would have to be a whole lot more than not do a bad job.
In one year he has predicted his own success more that Belichick, Payton, Don Shula, Chuck Noll, Tom Landry, Bill Walsh and Rich Kotite combined in their careers.
To say "I think we are going to win the SB" don't you have to win it to back that up? Last he said it, didn't yet is going around saying they backed it up last year.
Saying I think we are making progress, and I am committed to the system and philsophy we are putting in place, and I expect us to compete, would be backed up by what he did last year. He went way beyond that.

OK, but for him to have a career that backs up his mouth, he would have to be a whole lot more than not do a bad job.
In one year he has predicted his own success more that Belichick, Payton, Don Shula, Chuck Noll, Tom Landry, Bill Walsh and Rich Kotite combined in their careers.
To say "I think we are going to win the SB" don't you have to win it to back that up? Last he said it, didn't yet is going around saying they backed it up last year.
Saying I think we are making progress, and I am committed to the system and philsophy we are putting in place, and I expect us to compete, would be backed up by what he did last year. He went way beyond that.

I cant fight you on this andy, your right. I said this in my last statement, let me know if I failed to convey, or if it wasnt strong enouph.

No, it is not right, and disrespectful for the Jets to be acting in this manor. It would not be allowed to happen in N.O. and we would be deeply offended if the Falcons , who we were lucky to beat 7-1 during Paytons time as coach, decided to talk about us like we were not even in their division! Some call this swagger, we call this weakness. I mean, this says they truely do not understand what they are up against. I would get very annoyed if this behavior continues.

Instead of respecting the Patriots and fighting them, toe to toe, they are choosing a path of disrespecting your accomplishments, saying you dont exist, and living a fairy tail because they already are Champs..

Last year, I'd say that Ryan did an above average coaching job. He coached a team with a rookie QB, and a notably bad one at that, to .500, and he did it playing the AFCE, AFCS, and NFCS. That's pretty good, all things considered. The problem is that he's a pretty good coach who talks a Hall of Fame game. His mouth is writing a lot of checks that he and his team just can't cash. I definitely agree with you that some people on this forum go way too far in trying to discredit everyone in the organization, though. Someone deserves whatever credit there is to be had for getting them to 7-7, so who gets it?

Last edited:
Rex Ryan isn't a bad coach, but unless he is joking around with the "soon to be champs" thing, he is as focused on football as AD in a snowstorm. It is training camp right now and I would think even the 1st regular season game wouldn't be talked about yet. The only time I've heard of talk like this motivate a team was when the Ravens won the SB. Upon entering the playoffs, Billick told the team that they were there to win the whole thing. Even in that situation, many players were surprised to hear it. Unless Ryan knows something nobody else does (he just picked up the next Lawrence Taylor and Tom Brady as URFA's), he is sending mixed messages to his team, and his players will soon realize he is full of s***. All we need is an 8-8, or even a 9-7, season from the Jest for RR to make a fool out of himself in front of the whole team. My prediction is that he will get to coach through 2011 before the Pats single-handedly put him on the streets because of his empty claims.

Think Welker is actually thinking about the first game yet? That little liar! ;)

My favorite quote was something along the lines of "Sometimes you know when you're in NE" or something like that, in referance to what Welker wrote.
Welker is a perfect example of what makes me proud to be a Patriot fan.

His talk pushes the envelope, and I don't think he's doing it to punch anyones buttons but his own. I think he's afraid of failing and thats how he deals with it. He says these things to push himself, I believe.

Its as entertaining as watching Babe Ruth point to the bleachers for a home run as he stands on home plate. This is where I am conflicted as a 3rd party, so to speak..

I think you should have quit while you were ahead. This is who Rex is in a nutshell. The bravado isn't born of confidence, confident individuals seldom resort to bravado. This is false bravado born of deeply seeded fear of failure. It is a bond he and JETS fans share, which is why they are so taken with him.

As for the comparisons to Babe, they justifiably end with the girth. Babe's myriad of accomplishments remain legendary in the steroid era, although some of the colorful stories that emerged from the legend are just that...urban legend. Rex Ryan is a flamboyant coaches son who worked his way up to DC on a defensively loaded team that won a SB in his first season as an assistant coach and didnt win a damn thing in the decade thereafter. Guys who were a lot more responsible for that win went on to land HC jobs in which they haven't won a thing since, either. The HC of that team is now a TV analyst. That the GM and owner of that team passed on naming Rex their own HC in favor of a relative neophyte speaks volumes. They weren't looking for a circus performer. Woody was because his first priority was selling PSL's.

signbabybrady,

I find Rex entertaining, mainly because he has backed his career with results, he is a talented coach. His talk pushes the envelope, and I don't think he's doing it to punch anyones buttons but his own. I think he's afraid of failing and thats how he deals with it. He says these things to push himself, I believe.

Its as entertaining as watching Babe Ruth point to the bleachers for a home run as he stands on home plate. This is where I am conflicted as a 3rd party, so to speak.

Putting the entertainment aside, I can also see it for what it is. Much like watching a reality show, you wonder why you wasted and hour on such non sense when nothing becomes of it.

If I were in the Patriots shoes... I would find this very boisterous, rude, annoying, and disrespectful of my teams achievements.

I have a great respect for the Jets players and fans. I think the Jets fans are very knowledgeable when it comes to football, and much like N.O. they have kept faith. There are many similarities between us. They are a small good group of people surrounded by Giant fans. I wish they would approach you as we did.

I believe you understand my and N.O. deep respect for the Patriots, their accomplishments, and future accomplishments. I do not think it a bad thing for us to copy your ball club in hopes of becoming a better team. Many fans like ,Dallas, redskins, etc.. win allot in the past and become egotistic to the point of demeaning us and allot of teams that are less fortunate. We didn't find that in N.E., their team are champions and their fans acted as champions to us. We are are a very easy influence people in L.A. when we see good things.

In this extremely long and drawn out way signbabybrady I will answer your question, for what it is.

No, it is not right, and disrespectful for the Jets to be acting in this manor. It would not be allowed to happen in N.O. and we would be deeply offended if the Falcons , who we were lucky to beat 7-1 during Paytons time as coach, decided to talk about us like we were not even in their division! Some call this swagger, we call this weakness. I mean, this says they truely do not understand what they are up against. I would get very annoyed if this behavior continues.

Instead of respecting the Patriots and fighting them, toe to toe, they are choosing a path of disrespecting your accomplishments, saying you dont exist, and living a fairy tail because they already are Champs..

You must have made a typo

If you want to see what a confident coach looks like, check out Sean Payton or Belichick or even Mike Tomlin, for that matter. Real confidence usually precludes the the need to incessantly talk yourself up without actually accomplishing anything.

If you want to see what a confident coach looks like, check out Sean Payton or Belichick or even Mike Tomlin, for that matter. Real confidence usually precludes the the need to incessantly talk yourself up without actually accomplishing anything.

To get to the AFCCG you have to beat two other teams. Unless you weren't paying attention, that's an accomplishment. And it's one the Jets have and will continue to build on. I'm not convinced that we are a Super Bowl bound team. I just believe in the possibility. With as many off season changes, no one can say for certain how we will do. I believe the two largest losses to the team were Thomas Jones and Jay Feely. Faneca was NOT doing his job, Washington will NOT be anywhere close to the player he was for at least half a season, and Rhodes was a hollywood crybaby. Holmes Edwards and Cromartie are performing at a high level at camp. The biggest question marks for me are LT and Shonn Greene. Greene was injured so many times last season and I'd bet he'll get injured again. And who knows what LT has in the tank. And then there's Gholston.

To get to the AFCCG you have to beat two other teams. Unless you weren't paying attention, that's an accomplishment. And it's one the Jets have and will continue to build on. I'm not convinced that we are a Super Bowl bound team. I just believe in the possibility. With as many off season changes, no one can say for certain how we will do. I believe the two largest losses to the team were Thomas Jones and Jay Feely. Faneca was NOT doing his job, Washington will NOT be anywhere close to the player he was for at least half a season, and Rhodes was a hollywood crybaby. Holmes Edwards and Cromartie are performing at a high level at camp. The biggest question marks for me are LT and Shonn Greene. Greene was injured so many times last season and I'd bet he'll get injured again. And who knows what LT has in the tank. And then there's Gholston.

You thought Rhodes was a hollywood crybaby, just wait until you get a dose of LT, the man who said "I will win a championship." A statement that is the perfect oxymoron.

don't forget one team is young and talented

and the other is old and brittle

I'm going to go ahead and thank you for signing up here, and dropping some of that vast reservoir of knowledge on the rest of us.

signbabybrady,

Thanks for the opinion I am curious what other non AFCE fans think about this too.

Know this though the only thing I want more than beating down the Jets this year is to beat your boys in a game that matters and I mean in that in a fun way as other than the upcoming preseason game there is only one way we can play.

You beat a Bengals team that had run out of steam and you were lucky enough to be the beneficiary of the annual Chargers collapse: aka the softest 'good' team in the league. As soon as you had to play someone good, you got dominated.

Last edited:

No, no, you're right. The Jets finished 9-7 in games that the other team was trying in; not 7-7. 9-7 *is* a huge accomplishment.

And once again... why are you still here? You've made it clear that you think we're the most miserable, worthless people around, so what does it say about you that you insist on sticking around?

Last edited:
Thanks for the opinion I am curious what other non AFCE fans think about this too.

Know this though the only thing I want more than beating down the Jets this year is to beat your boys in a game that matters and I mean in that in a fun way as other than the upcoming preseason game there is only one way we can play.

We feel the same way. I think most of us know that we caught the Patriots in mid build with allot of rookies on their roster, and BB rarely makes mistakes twice, he knows how we play ball now.

Your TC is looking extremely good, and it is the opinion of most field reporters in N.O. that we might field a #5 defense this year. Greer has stuffed brees the entire TC, and 6 sacks this fridays scrimmage, against our OL.

There is only one way we can play in a game were everything is on the line, and thats in Dallas.

Patriots vs Saints in Super Bowl XLV would probably break the viewing record from last year. We would love a shot at the current decade champs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News