PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Fourth Annual Uncle Heatster Seven Round Mock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, this must have taken all day. That is really sticking it to the man, nicely done.

This draft would have me dancing in the streets, topless, in my own neighborhood. :singing:

Is that a good thing or bad thing? If good, I'll need photo evidence. If bad, just burn that darn camera!

As for the draft. Getting Groves and Flowers is a pretty good first day. I have no idea on the second day picks. I guess I'm not as into researching the late rounders this year as in previous years because I'm partially resigned to the fact that the Pats will draft guys I have never heard of, so why get my hopes up? It's usually the 1st day picks that stick anyways...

Great job as always Uncle H. I wish Goff would have fallen to the Pat's pick at 69. It hurts more that Polian grabbed him in the second round (59). The Colts always draft guys I'm high on (e.g. Sanders, Ugoh, Gonzalez) so this scenario seems highly plausible to me.

The entire draft is here if you're into self-abuse: http://www.199overall.com/?q=node/33

Patriots picks:

Patriots trade #7 and #62 to Detroit for #15 and #45

15. Quentin Groves OLB Auburn
45. Brandon Flowers CB Virginia Tech
69. Eddie Royal WR/KR/PR Virginia Tech
94. Eric Young OL Tennessee
129. Brad Cottam TE Tennessee
164. Stanford Keglar LB Purdue
197. Derrick Doggett SS Oregon St
238. Jeremy Leman ILB Illinois

Sorry, Heatster. Didn't really care for this draft before I saw all your trades and I think its even worse after..

Why would the Pats have to give up a their 2nd round pick to move UP when the value of the 7th over-all far outweighs that of the 15th and 45h.

Royal - Lousy route runner.. minor injury flags
Young - Major injury flags that cost him the entire year. Was thought to be 1st round talent prior to the injury.
Cottam - Another injury plagued player who never reached his potential.

Over-all, I'd be disappointed if this is how the draft worked out. I think that guys like Mayo and Goff are much better talents and much better value in the 2nd and 3rd rounds than Flowers or Royal.

I think your "excuse" for giving away the Pats 2nd round pick is bogus.

Over-all, I'd be disappointed if this is how the draft worked out. I think that guys like Mayo and Goff are much better talents and much better value in the 2nd and 3rd rounds than Flowers or Royal.

I think your "excuse" for giving away the Pats 2nd round pick is bogus.

Mayo is a hot topic. But he's a hot topic not by NFL standards, but by NFL wanna-be standards. As before, top 45 would be awesome. Top 31 would've gotten him before. We don't have either.

WTF do you want the Pats to do? Mayo isn't withon reach. Never was, prolly won't be.

It's lke asking who would you like at 31.

Mayo is a hot topic. But he's a hot topic not by NFL standards, but by NFL wanna-be standards..
How do you figure? You've said things like this a couple of times re: Mayo. IMO, he'll go in the first 25 picks. Why do you think differently?

Mayo is a hot topic. But he's a hot topic not by NFL standards, but by NFL wanna-be standards. As before, top 45 would be awesome. Top 31 would've gotten him before. We don't have either.

WTF do you want the Pats to do? Mayo isn't withon reach. Never was, prolly won't be.

It's lke asking who would you like at 31.

Mayo's only shot up recently. He was looked at as 2-3 round talent prior to the combine, so please. He's now being thought of as 1st/2nd round talent, which is still top 45.

That's why I also pointed to Goff, who I believe is a much better fit at ILB for the Pats than stiffs like Lofton.

How do you figure? You've said things like this a couple of times re: Mayo. IMO, he'll go in the first 25 picks. Why do you think differently?

Maybe you have me confused with someone else?

Mayo just might go in the top 25. When I said top 45 would be awesome, I meant as a Pats fan, because it is remotely possible that Mayo might be there in reality.

I'm not anti-Mayo by any means. It's just that I'm well aware that Mayo WAS 40-55 before the combine. After, he's now encroaching the 25, maybe even 18. To the degree, that if the Pats want him, he must be selected at 7, at present.

That is a little crazy. He has a ton of potential. I'm just saying that the combine also influences people in ways that isn't quite in their best interest. I'm just saying.

Mayo's only shot up recently. He was looked at as 2-3 round talent prior to the combine, so please. He's now being thought of as 1st/2nd round talent, which is still top 45.

That's why I also pointed to Goff, who I believe is a much better fit at ILB for the Pats than stiffs like Lofton.

what are you saying that I haven't already?

EDIT: Although, there IS something to be said about guys who shoot up unexpectedly. Particularly the "so please" comment, I never, ever said anything of the sort.

Last edited:

If I had it to do over, in this draft...

Who will be the better player, beteween Mayo and Smith? It'll prolly be Mayo, and every observer would've picked Mayo.

Except, I picked Smith. And I don't have any regret.

Love it, Groves and Flowers are tough physical players like BB and Pioli seem to like. Last year I loved Meriweather for this very reason and was pumped when we picked him. I'd love to see it play out like this. BUT WHAT ABOUT DOMINIQUE ROGERS-CROMARTIE!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News