PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Fifth Annual U-H Seven-Round Mock

As a follow up:

Johnson - Has had injury issues in the past. Its why he's got low mileage on his treads.

Miller could be a steal.

I love the Beatty Pick. Sintim doesn't excite me at all since I don't believe he's a NFL OLB. If anything, he'll end up playing the WILB position since Mayo played the SILB all year last year. Robiskie is a good pick. Appleby is a decent pick, but I don't see the Pats taking 2 games from the same team, never mind the same LB corp.

I don't see the need for the Pats to draft a 2nd WR.

As a follow up:

Johnson - Has had injury issues in the past. Its why he's got low mileage on his treads.

Miller could be a steal.

I love the Beatty Pick. Sintim doesn't excite me at all since I don't believe he's a NFL OLB. If anything, he'll end up playing the WILB position since Mayo played the SILB all year last year. Robiskie is a good pick. Appleby is a decent pick, but I don't see the Pats taking 2 games from the same team, never mind the same LB corp.

I don't see the need for the Pats to draft a 2nd WR.

Good feedback. Sintim played the elephant last year under Groh. I think he's a viable starting OLB candidate. I don't buy the suggestion (not from you) that he's maxed out his talent. He may not have the blazing workout times, but he had more sacks than any linebacker in the NCAA last year. I think that kind of nullifies the "too slow to get to the quarterback" theory.

I think by year three, he could be a poor man's Willie McG.

DH, I believe that you are the only picker in all of Mock-land that Had the Patriots choosing Edelman. Good Work!

In the final wrap up (I just learned of the Hobbs trade about an hour ago...WTF! Two fifths for one of the best return men in the game? Must be anticipating a holdout.) I ended up hitting 8 picks exactly (four beyond the first round), 2 more that the team I had taking him moved up or down a few slots and got him, and five more that missed by 1 place. The fourth and the seventh rounds are the ones that came up empty. That's the best I've done historically, which says how difficult (and futile) large mock drafts are.

From the WTF? files:

Erin Henderson award for player who was projected the highest and went undrafted: Gerald Cadogan, #76.

Derek Cox award for the player who was projected to be a free agent and went the highest in the draft: Derek Cox, #73 (Did you see that coming?). Cox kicked off a four-player string (Coffee, Brewster, and Levy are the others) whom I had in the sixth round or later.

Curious drops: Cornerbacks Coye Francies (#191) and Mike Mickens (#227). Both first-day talents. I understand Mickens is coming off injury, but I still don't understand a seventh-round outcome. Running Back Rashad Jennings (#250). I look at the RBs who went before him, and I don't get it.

Highest-drafted player I've never heard of: Who or what is a William Middleton, who went at #138?

Highest-rated undrafted free agents:

Safeties CJ Spillman, Derek Pegues, Jon Casillas, and Otis Wiley
Linebackers Pierre Walters, Robert Francois, Antonio Appleby, and Josh Mauga
Tackles Gerald Cadogan, Joel Bell, and Cornelius Lewis
Wide Receivers Kevin Ogletree, Eron Riley, and Darius Passmore
Tight End Kory Sperry
Defensive ends John Gill (Sign him! Mike Wright part two!) and Nader Abdallah

How shall I pass time now? Maybe the 2010 mock draft!
Great Blue North Draft Report

Last edited:

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Back