PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Cowher rumors in Pittsburgh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacky Roberts

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
By many accounts, including those from Bettis on NBC last night, this is Cowher's last year in Pittsburgh. There are rumors in the ACC circles that Cowher will be taking over NC State's program next summer. As much as we hate to admit it, the guy can flat out coach (although his player's lack of discipline is concerning). Have to wonder how the Steelers will react this year if they are playing for a perceived 'lame duck' coach in the year after they likely will be fat cats following their SB win.

I agree. Cowher is fun to root against; he's a good coach. All credit to any coach who can win with quarterbacks the likes of Neil O'Donnell and Kordell Stewart.

Jacky Roberts said:
By many accounts, including those from Bettis on NBC last night, this is Cowher's last year in Pittsburgh. There are rumors in the ACC circles that Cowher will be taking over NC State's program next summer. As much as we hate to admit it, the guy can flat out coach (although his player's lack of discipline is concerning). Have to wonder how the Steelers will react this year if they are playing for a perceived 'lame duck' coach in the year after they likely will be fat cats following their SB win.

I live in NC.

I heard on local radio that Cowher and his family just recently joined a local country club.

The prevailing thought around here is he will take over NC State!

sarge said:
I live in NC.

I heard on local radio that Cowher and his family just recently joined a local country club.

The prevailing thought around here is he will take over NC State!

Exactly. Friends I have in NC feel that its going to happen. Good for Cowher if that's what he wants (Is he a NC State grad?), but this is flying under the radar in the NFL community and could really hurt them this season.

Personally.I would be a bit saddened to see Cowher leave the Steelers.He is a Very great coach and not a bad person either.I had heard that he Is currently only considering resigning a year to year contract.He has not indicated directly that he will leave,But he did openly say that he isnt wanting to be locked up.He's just turned 47 years old.So Really.He still has a good 10 years left he could dedicate to the game.Be it in Pittsburgh or elsewhere.But to see that in the Steelers history ..He is only the SECOND Coach.That is one hell of a cool Fact.My Hat goes off to the guy.If BB were to Retire..GOD FORBID.I would be stoked to have Cowher here.Not many coaches I could really say that about.But Being As BB will never leave us.Lord Willing.Being here untill he's about 72.Im ok right now..:::Deep Breath::::

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes