PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Axe has fallen. Brady has been suspended for four games

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish I'd been 100% wrong. Goodell's ruining the sport, and the owners have too many dollar signs in their eyes to see it.

Not to mention too much need to in essence beat the Pats off the field - particularly in the AFC.
Look at it from the POV of any other AFC team in contention. More often than not it goes through Foxborough. With few exceptions, they work with small windows. The better teams are sick of the continual frustration of having to get past the Pats - for any given team, it "more probably than not" doesn't happen, in any given year.

The sum total of the league's tilted playing field is that one team has established a standard of excellence - and has been punished for it.

The "cheatriot" meme is both cause and effect - to tamp down the best team in the league, the league must continually impose outsized punishments. "A-ha," says the rest of the league - owners, players, fans, whatever - "so that's why they're better than us! We were a good team all along!"

@JMCOO

You don't have the correct fact's and the Chargers were not cheating

pixel.gif

"Following a review ... the NFL has determined that the club did not violate a competitive rule by use of the towels," the league said.

"However, NFL game officials are charged with protecting the integrity and competitive fairness of the games and club staff members, like players and coaches, have a clear obligation to cooperate in this effort and comply with the direction of game officials.

"As a result of the failure of club staff to follow the directive of a game official to immediately surrender the towels when directed to do so, and to attempt to conceal the towels, the Chargers have been fined $20,000."

You're delusional

Make millions by printing a shirt every fan base will love:

"More probable than not Roger Goodell is incompetent"
It's not more probable. It's a know fact, nothing probable about it.

There is only one way to fight the NFL. They are bullies. The only way to fight a bully is to fight back by any means necessary, give them no quarter, reveal every hidden transgression, ever dirty, piggish move. Then they back down.

He was a member of the Eagles the year prior (iirc McNabb got injured in a regular season game against the Pats that season too), and a member of the division rival Bills soon after. It would not surprise me if Vincent had an axe to grind.
Yes, I know. He was a Dolphin, too. Was just talking about the sb39 angle.

There is only one way to fight the NFL. They are bullies. The only way to fight a bully is to fight back by any means necessary, give them no quarter, reveal every hidden transgression, ever dirty, piggish move. Then they back down.
Seriously. The Patriots need to pick up the dagger and drive it right into the heart of the NFL. If we are going down we need to bring the league with us.

via reddit

A first round pick is absurd, and I hate the Pats.

• Apparently there is language in the judgement that the lost pick is their first pick in the round. Aka if they trade into the first round, they can only trade in after wherever their pick would have been.
wow

What happens if like the Saints after Bountygate, they have a disastrous season?

The Pats won't even have the advantage of a high pick to compensate for a bad year.

Goodell wants to make sure the Pats won't be competitive for a long time.

1:16 and 2:16... or just watch the whole trailer. We're there.

Disgusting. Everyone loving a miscarriage of justice. This country has a sickness.

The sad thing is, even in a best case scenario where all this crap is overturned, will I ever enjoy football again? Do I even want to?

how can you lose draft picks with absolutely no evidence of wrong doing? Science accounts for the loss PSI..so where is the evidence?

Tom E. Curran ‏@tomecurran 25m25 minutes ago
NFL Network will be live with full day of Deflategate coverage beginning at 9 tomorrow. Cynic would say they created their own programming

It's never been better for the NFL. This is getting huge coverage across America and is beating every other news story. America is one huge Colosseum and the Pats are the people in the middle fighting off Lions.

Disgusting. Everyone loving a miscarriage of justice. This country has a sickness.

People are very jealous and envious. They want to see them go down. This is their superbowl. There are so many former players, coaches, execs on tv and on social media who are out of the league and so bitter and want to bring this organization down. Thanks to the harsh discipline from the league now they have something.

This is bad. I wish the owner or someone who has power could stand up and defend the team.

Dora the Explorer is on ESPN. Says Patriots swiped the SB away and deserve a much greater punishment.

Brady and Belichick should just retire. What better FU to the league and that scumbag commish, then to say "FU, we've had a bullseye on our back since 2004 and this is the last straw". Brady/Manning was the same Bird/Magic rivalry that fueled the NBA back in the 80's. It made billions. But on the way, we made enemies of NY, Indy, Pittsburgh, The Ravens, The Broncos, Chargers, Titans, any team that made the playoffs in the last 15 years, and the AFC east. That's somewhere around like 80% of the population excluding fair weather fans. That's why this NY media led witch hunt even took place. FU NFL fans in general if your only recourse in beating the Pats is to whine and cry CHEATER!!!! every time we pull out a gritty win against your unprepared team.
I'm done with the NFL. Be careful what you wish for Jets fans,,,, If you ever pull of a run like we just did in the last 15 years (which you won't), not that many people will be watching, or even care. Bye Bye NFL,, I'll tell my Grand kids what I used to do on sundays and Thanksgiving back in the days of the VCR.
Oh,,, and one more thing,, Fark you Goodell. You spineless piece of shiet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST