PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The agony. What could have been...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ll have to include you in all of the Hamilton parody songs I do on this forum...there are a few people on here who in the secret society.
I cannot say no to this

Life takes everything from everybody, it's just a question of when and in what order.

Kubler Ross stages of grief:

Denial
Anger
Bargaining
Depression
Acceptance

Many of us are stuck in the irrational anger phase, why is that so hard to understand?

It's easy to understand, it's just stupid.

What's hard to understand is how everyone is in a rush to be the one to declare OMG THE DYNASTY IS OVER FOR REAL THIS TIME!!! louder than everybody else. Congratulations, you discovered that... time passes? When it happens it happens and nothing we do can change it.

Meanwhile we have supposed "fans" here talking trash about Brady and Belichick RUINING EVERYTHING and it's like every stereotype of Boston sports fans is actually a huge understatement lol

I sit here and feel a deep sense of regret having followed this team. All the Sundays I gave up watching Tom Brady and Bill Belchick, with the promise of greatness. And now, seeing how they are going to need to play an extra game and missed out on their 10th consecutive bye (by embarrassingly losing to the Dolphins) I wonder, what was it all for? Is this the despair that Gatsby felt? Promises and hope unfulfilled?

Gatsby believed in the green light, the orgastic future that year by year recedes before us. It eluded us then, but that’s no matter—tomorrow we will run faster, stretch out our arms farther. . . . And then one fine morning—So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.

My heart is filled with regret and anger. This organization has destroyed my soul.
You my friend have a heart too soon made glad.

Here's what I'm going to do with my Quality Time ® today no disrespect to Catholics intended! :):):)

Last edited:
I learned the truth in week 17
That byes were meant for other teams
Ravens QBs with clear throwing lanes
Who won the rushing title and then retired.
Thank you Janice :)

Well at least now we can get back to knowing what fans of the other thirty-one feel like, because we're on a crash course with reality (or it could be said we already rammed into it with a head-on collision).

Pfft! Most of the 31, if not all, don't have a legacy like the Patriots', and likely never will. Not only did they earn 6 titles***, but 6 titles after wandering through an endless wastleland of failure that had a "it's just not ever going to happen" pall over it.

Yes, I want the magical ride to go on, but if it truly is ending I've already gotten more as a fan than I ever would have dared ask, let alone dream. I have to smile at my 20-something self, thinking he could go to his grave happy if his chosen team could just get one title in his lifetime. Little did he know of the incoming tsunami of ridiculous ecstasy he was in for.

I'll survive :cool:

P.S. Maybe someone will play Steve Young to Brady's Montana. It won't make for the same level of fun schadenfreude, but it'll be a few extra grains of salt to rub into Pats-hater's wounds... :D

***Steelers fans take note - we only needed one era, one coach and one QB to do it! :cool:

Last edited:
I learned the truth in week 17
That byes were meant for other teams
Ravens QBs with clear throwing lanes
Who won the rushing title and then retired.
Is this Haiku? Wtf. Where’s the the ****in rain that is soooo silent? And the white lily that....falls? You could have at least added “it is what it is.”

This board has been hopelessly embarrassing today (not OP and some of you).

We are 12-4, in playoffs and have been to 3 straight SBS. 4 of last 5. Entitled attitude on this board. Im also happy.

Happy we are still in the tournament.

Yep! And in fact, while a bye is preferable, at least we don't have to wait two weeks for the next Patriots' game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST