PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thank You Veterans and a Special Mention to.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

OhExaulted1

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
......our own Joe Cardona! Awesome job so far!

55f8f2aea5e13.image.jpg

Went to breakfast this morning with 3 friends in their 60's that are also veterans (I'm not one, so it was on me;)). One was an Air Force B52 bomber crew cheif in Vietnam, one was a Navy submarine Yeoman and one was an Army chopper pilot/instructor who retired as a Major. Some cool and funny stories.:)

My son, now 26, served 5 years in the Navy on a ballistic missile sub. It was a great experience for him... building character and work ethic.

Thank you, all who have served this great nation!
happy_veteran__s_day_sign_by_mirz123-d32m02q.gif

Sometimes I feel like Looooootenant Dan from "Forrest Gump". My family had someone in uniform all the way back to the Revolution, with the exception of the 1820-1860 period. From the civil war up until recently, there's been someone from each generation who served. My grandfather in WWI, my dad and his brother in WWII, my cousins Mike & Terry in Vietnam, myself in the cold war, and my son in Afghanistan. It's been a family tradition, but we've never pushed anyone to serve. It's always been a personal decision, and there was never any stigma attached to those who chose not to. We were all volunteers.

Here's a pic of me and my crew, Combat Aircrew 10, with Patrol Squadron 10, in 1978. We were young once, and hairy. :)

CAC10.jpg

FWIW, I'm 3rd from the left, front row.

......our own Joe Cardona! Awesome job so far!

55f8f2aea5e13.image.jpg

Went to breakfast this morning with 3 friends in their 60's that are also veterans (I'm not one, so it was on me;)). One was an Air Force B52 bomber crew cheif in Vietnam, one was a Navy submarine Yeoman and one was an Army chopper pilot/instructor who retired as a Major. Some cool and funny stories.:)

My father used to load bombs onto the B52's in Vietnam. He had a couple of great stories as well. He had a lot of respect for the Marines and Army who were up front.

Sometimes I feel like Looooootenant Dan from "Forrest Gump". My family had someone in uniform all the way back to the Revolution, with the exception of the 1820-1860 period. From the civil war up until recently, there's been someone from each generation who served. My grandfather in WWI, my dad and his brother in WWII, my cousins Mike & Terry in Vietnam, myself in the cold war, and my son in Afghanistan. It's been a family tradition, but we've never pushed anyone to serve. It's always been a personal decision, and there was never any stigma attached to those who chose not to. We were all volunteers.

Here's a pic of me and my crew, Combat Aircrew 10, with Patrol Squadron 10, in 1978. We were young once, and hairy. :)

View attachment 11221

Similar in my family. Dad - Air Force, Uncle- Marines, Cousins- All Branches, Myself -Army (wanted to be different than my Dad ):eek:

Patriots QB Tom Brady Thanks Veterans In a Facebook Post

Ian Logue

Patriots quarterback Tom Brady had a nice mention on his Facebook page on Wednesday, recognizing all the military personnel on this Veteran's Day.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference