PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Terrence Wheatley = Deion Branch...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny someone would mention Brock Williams. He was the "downside equivalent" I referred to the other day on PFEW in Progress, in terms of the Wheatley-Branch comparison. It'll be interesting to see which side he falls on.

The thing that makes me most confident about Wheatley's potential is how quickly BB/Pioli made the pick. There was a lot of trade talk around that spot in the draft, and they didn't wait for more than half a minute before getting their pick in. Hope that says something about how much faith they have in the kid.

Funny someone would mention Brock Williams. He was the "downside equivalent" I referred to the other day on PFEW in Progress, in terms of the Wheatley-Branch comparison. It'll be interesting to see which side he falls on.

The thing that makes me most confident about Wheatley's potential is how quickly BB/Pioli made the pick. There was a lot of trade talk around that spot in the draft, and they didn't wait for more than half a minute before getting their pick in. Hope that says something about how much faith they have in the kid.

Good point. There were a lot of ways to go at corner and they had those extra picks as cushion. Some thought he went high, but when you have close picks, you pick the guy you want, why take a chance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/10: News and Notes
MORSE: Draft Analysis and Thoughts on Patriots Rookie Mini Camp
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
Back