Television coverage for week 12, Pats at Eagles

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Television coverage for week 12, Pats at Eagles
By: John Morgan

After a couple of night games Pats fans get to watch their team during the afternoon this week. The Pats play one of only two late games on CBS, and coverage of the two games is pretty much split by time zones: almost all of the eastern half of the countr...

Looks like I'll be rooting for San Diego to not sell out. Considering that the Chargers fans don't show up even when the team hasn't lost five in a row, I'm feeling pretty good about those odds.

Thank God I don't live in Bismarck, North Dakota.

Will Pats@Broncos be flexed ?

Tuesday morning I was thinking after the Chiefs MNF game we would be done with night games till at least the playoffs, but as the day wore on I began to wonder.
Now I am not so sure.
Week 15 SNF game is Ravens@Chargers.
Ravens are good, but Chargers are fading.

I didn't believe in TT at first, but the fact is the guy is winning at present.
I don't care what his stats are.

I am assuming Jets@Eagles was protected by CBS and Redskins@Giants was protected by Fox.
Lions@Raiders looks like a decent game, but I don't think it would have the national appeal of Mr Clean vs The Evil BB.
A decision has to be made in the next week or two does it not ?

If it does not get flexed do you people think CBS will send their #1 crew to do the game or keep the #1 crew with the Jets and send us the #2 crew ?

Re: Will Pats@Broncos be flexed ?

Since the Chargers/Ravens is not a terrible game and there is no guarantee that the Broncos are still relevant in two weeks, I think NBC will remain conservative and keep the game they have.

In the original format of flex scheduling (when no game was selected when the initial schedule was released) I believe NBC would pick this game over the Ravens/Chargers, but we have seen that more often than not NBC will stick with what they have.

The big guy(Brady...err God) vs his son(Tebow...err Jesus)! Now, that's some must see tv. Just having a little fun with the matchup. Sarcasm.

What's the deadline for them to decide? Even if the Broncs lose a game or two in between this seems irresistible for the network. Anything involving Tebow gets a LOT of attention, from the lovers and the haters. Tebow vs. Brady is a network dream.

I'm thinking the Tebow circus freak sideshow will be whimpering out by then.

Unless Tebow levitates in the midst of a host of Angels while entering the endzone in the next week or so, I think the Ravens-Chargers game will be a lot more interesting to a national audience.

Please don't let this be flexed. I cannot get to sleep after these games and turn into a zombie the next day.

ESPN so lucked out into the better game with Pitt @ SF. I bet NBC wishes they could flex that over.

I don't see them flexing out Balt/SD but if they did I would think Raiders/Lions has the most potential to still be meaningful.

The 9-3 Patriots @ the 7-5 Broncos would probably be the game of the week.

The Pats have to beat the Eagles, Colts, and the Broncos would have to beat the Chargers, Bears.

SD is still better than DEN.

I don't know if the Ravens-Chargers is not bad enough to be flexed out. On the other hand both Boston and Denver have a bigger following and larger television markets, so that would make them more attractive. And networks love to market games via one single player; 'Brady & the Pats vs Tebow & the Broncos' is obviously going to get more attention from casual fans (i.e., higher ratings) much, much more than 'Ray Lewis & the Ravens vs Philip Rivers & the Chargers'.

I would think if they do make a change it would be the Pats game; that seems to be preferable to the Jets-Eagles. The best other (presumably not protected) game is Detroit at Oakland, but I think they are reticent to drop a game from one network (CBS) and replace it with a game from the other network (Fox).

As for when the deadline is to have the change made, it is twelve days prior to the game. That means the final day to make this change would be December 6.

Looks like I'll be rooting for San Diego to not sell out. Considering that the Chargers fans don't show up even when the team hasn't lost five in a row, I'm feeling pretty good about those odds.

Do the Chargers usually buy up remaining tickets, or get an extension to sell out? As of right now it is looking like it will be blacked out, but on the other hand there are not a whole lot of tickets that need to be sold.

Chargers need to sell 3,400 tickets to avoid blackout - San Diego, California News Station - KFMB Channel 8 - cbs8.com

The Chargers still need to sell 3400 tickets to Sunday's game against the Broncos in order to avoid a TV blackout.

The team has until 1:15 p.m. Thursday to sell the remaining tickets. But since the ticket office is closed for Thanksgiving, fans who plan on buying tickets in person, must buy their tickets Wednesday.

I would think that if not for the two other reasons below, then at least the Charger fans would show up to honor Seau. If they can't sell out for his induction to their team's Hall of Fame that's pretty sad.

Sunday's game is a must win, if the Bolts want any chance of staying in the race for the AFC West.

It's also going to be a big day for Junior Seau, who will be inducted into the Chargers Hall of Fame.

And for the first time this season, the players will wear their powder blue "power" jerseys.

Last edited:
d%#*!@t no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back