PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

TE Visanthe Shiancoe activated to 53-man roster

Status
Not open for further replies.
The team could have waited up until tuesday to active him....The move may be signs of Hernandez not quite ready to play yet

Maybe we'll line up with 4 TEs and a RB seeing as how the bills are an undersized D.

No such thing as having too many weapons to help Brady. Agree,,,let Ahern get closer to 100% for the run down the stretch.

want to see what he's got

I know it's not any different because usually there's an inactive RB, but only 3 RBs on the roster is really unusual.

The team could have waited up until tuesday to active him....The move may be signs of Hernandez not quite ready to play yet

Schiancoe's been practicing for a good while now, if he's healthy and ready to play, why wait until after the Bills game to activate him? He's a quality player and can help this team, why purposefully let a talented guy off the roster, just because the deadline to activate him hasn't arrived? Of course, maybe he isn't quite 100% and they're activating him now because they know Hernandez will be limited, but I don't see the necessary correlation between the two that many people seem to be making.

Last edited:
Schiancoe's been practicing for a good while now, if he's healthy and ready to play, why wait until after the Bills game to activate him? He's a quality player and can help this team, why purposefully let a talented guy off the roster, just because the deadline to activate him hasn't arrived? Of course, maybe he isn't quite 100% and they're activating him now because they know Hernandez will be limited, but I don't see the necessary correlation between the two that many people seem to be making.

Schefter tweets AHern is out.
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter

wonder how long hernandez will be out...cam back that one game..nothing since

They might just shelf Hernandez until the postseason if they make it. I figured they were rushing him back earlier and that it would only worsen the injury.

We have so many TE's we could have 8 of them on the field at once. 5 of them can play OL, Dante will work his magic on them. ;)

The Hernandez situation reminds me of Spikes' and Chung's of last year. They got injured, and while practiced for weeks afterward, were held out until the end of the season so they would be healthy for the playoffs.

Shiancoe is very much the same mold as Hernandez. If he can give another dynamic to this offense we should be alright. We need Hernandez to be the man when it counts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News