PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Super Bowl Live Streamed Over The Net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aww, but I want to watch the illegal Tommy stream ;)

Hopefully this is a huge success and the other networks will join in next season to offer games streamed online.

I would think at some point in the near future more games will also be streamed over the broadcasting network's corresponding website. Since the network themselves are streaming they still control the ads and can use stats showing number of people watching online to the companies that bought ad time, which means they are not cannibalizing their own ad revenue.

You could start with all playoff games, sunday night and monday night games (assuming they're sold out, to comply with the archaic blackout rules.) Further down the road you could have streaming sites look at your IP address and determine which sunday afternoon games are available to you. The only party that I can see objecting would be the local television stations, as the ads that they are allowed to run would not be visible to those watching online. Perhaps at some point those local-specific ads could seamlessly be incorporated into the stream at the appropriate times based on that IP address.

This aspect might be worth trying...

"NBCSports.com will broadcast the entire game for free beginning with pregame activity at 2 p.m. ET and kickoff at 6:30 p.m. ET. Viewers will be able to choose from four unique camera angles, as well as pause and rewind the stream"

although I get SO intense during these things, pacing to and fro, pushups, kickboxing moves that I have a hard time working a laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News