PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Stevie Johnson

If only he played quarterback and defense, maybe this wouldn't be a really terrible argument. Unfortunately...

Pregame, Mr. "3 Rec for 39 Yds" told the media:

"Nobody on the Pats can cover me, not even Pat Chung!"

You pick some weird heroes, bunny. :D

Is he a loser or a turd? He's a lurd.

Last edited:
Nope. He's got a mouth but he's a passionate player with tons of talent, I think he'd flourish here.

Players like Stevie tend to speak up when there isn't a strong enough personality on the team already. They don't have a Wilfork or a Brady over there so he feels the need to pump up his chest in the face of opposition. Empty braggadocio in the absence of true leadership.

He wouldn't have to do that here and his team mates wouldn't let him do it.

Agreed. Spot on with how I feel.

I'm always skeptical of supposedly good players that have never played on a winning team. This is even more apparent in the NBA but I think it holds true in the NFL, too. Sometimes somebody, anybody has to make the plays.

Nope. He's got a mouth but he's a passionate player with tons of talent, I think he'd flourish here.

Players like Stevie tend to speak up when there isn't a strong enough personality on the team already. They don't have a Wilfork or a Brady over there so he feels the need to pump up his chest in the face of opposition. Empty braggadocio in the absence of true leadership.

He wouldn't have to do that here and his team mates wouldn't let him do it.

Nov 27, 2011: Stevie Johnson is penalized for fake shooting himself in the leg against the Jets and Plaxico Burress. Afterward, Gailey tells the team that anyone who receives a demonstration penalty will be benched for the rest of the game.

Jan 1, 2012: After scoring a TD against the Pats, Johnson pulls up his jersey to reveal an undershirt with "Happy New Year" on it. He is penalized and benched for the rest of the game.

Does this really sound like the kind of guy who is going to care what other people on the team think?

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back