PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Stephen Gostkowski tonight [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: while we're handing out credit and annointing unsung heroes..

how about ghostkowski goin perfect on his field goals, one from 45.

if he misses any we may not win.

quietly, he has been better than you know who this season... and hes not kicking in a dome. pats once again make the correct bold decision

Yeah his field goal kicking today was excellent.
I have to watch it again to make sure but he may get part of the blame for the return TD because kicking after a penalty, he may have outkicked the coverage to set up the return.

Yeah his field goal kicking today was excellent.
I have to watch it again to make sure but he may get part of the blame for the return TD because kicking after a penalty, he may have outkicked the coverage to set up the return.

Actually, Gostkowski underkicked the coverage on the TD. The ball only reached the 26.

In fact, not one of his 8 KOs reached the end zone. The closest he came to it was the 5.

And the conditions were no excuse, because 2 of Tynes' 6 KOs reached the end zone, incl. 1 TB.

And BTW, activating Troy Brown and using him on coverage teams could not have turned out any worse than Ventrone and Spann, who had a total of 1 tackle, combined. That slap to his face still pisses me off.

http://www.nfl.com/liveupdate/gamecenter/29435/NYG_Gamebook.pdf

I was at the game and it was even more impressive. The flag kept changing direction as did the wind and he knocked all three thru....

As of now to start Sunday, the league's second leading scorer, after Moss ( 138 points) is Gostkowski with 137....21/24 on FG 87.5%

He lads Bironus in the AFc by 14 points and Crosby of GB by 6 going into Sunday....

Indy's kicker is 23 points behind

Actually, Gostkowski underkicked the coverage on the TD. The ball only reached the 26.

You are right about the 26 yard line. In that case, I don't think it as much a fault of Gostkowski's kick as that of coverage execution and/or special teams situational coaching.

The coverage was blown on that return. Did anyone even touch the guy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes