PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Started to read Peter King's article today...

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldrover

"You're gonna have to serve somebody..."
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
New England Patriots vs. New York Giants 2007: Brief Oral History | The MMQB with Peter King

It's about week 17 of 2007... 38-35 win... the game that planted the seed of hope in the friggin' Giants. Anyway, began to read this on my computer... and then... something happened... can't recall...

computer-funny-gif-men.gif

o_O

Last edited:
I might blow up if I hear one more time how the Giants somehow OWN the Patriots because they won 3 out of 4 games, all of which were decided by 7 points or less, and most often in the last minutes of each game.

People, the games were VERY close.
It was like flipping a coin.
If you flip a coin 4 times and get 3 heads, it doesn't mean that heads somehow OWNS tails!

I might blow up if I hear one more time how the Giants somehow OWN the Patriots because they won 3 out of 4 games, all of which were decided by 7 points or less, and most often in the last minutes of each game.

If you flip a coin 4 times and get 3 heads, it doesn't mean that heads somehow OWNS tails!

To be fair, playing the Patriots at coin-flip level is more impressive than "owning" most other teams. And the Giants have certainly taken ownership of a permanent sub-basement of despair in every Pats fan's heart.

Not only 3 out of 4 games, 3 out of 4 games that span from 2007 to now. And the most recent of those games was four years ago. This rhetoric going on now would make one believe they're a division rival that beats us twice a year for the last 15 years(that's just us against every team in our division, but every time a division game comes up we deal with the "passing of the torch" ********.)

Last edited:

My favorite quote this week was from a WR named Rueben Randle on the Giants who claimed 'Well, we beat them the last 3 times,so they are pretty nervous....' or some such quackery.

Oh yeah, Rueben? What's this "we" business? What position were you playing in those last 3 matchups???? Eddie Murphy stunt double or high school student?

RUEBENRANDLEARMY09150.JPG

In 2007 was in NOLA for Mardi Gras on Napolean Ave, Neutral Ground near Annunciation St. , they wired up a TV from a guys house on Napolean and even got me a "barcolounger" to watch the game under a popup canopy.. by the end of the game must have been about a hundred folks watching the game with our "krewe"..

It was great day until... but it was an experience I will never forget... I think that was an incredible bit of luck for the Giants, do not think that Coughlin owns Belichick, but he does not fear or have the obsession other NY Team coaches do.. .

Agreed. Recently I've heard analysts and others use terms such as " slaughtered", "annihilated" and "wiped out" to describe the Giant wins over the Patriots. Really? That douchenozzle Strachan this week used the term "curb-stomped" in describing the 2007 SB. I must have watched different games...

I've never even started to read Peter King, and I never will.

As for the Pats losing to the Giants 3 out of the last 4 times they played, that's a fact that many Pats fans need to face.

Btw, back in my days as an AOLe, I found Giants fans to be very respectful of the Pats, both before and after the two SB losses. They're a far cry from Jest fans, in spite of the fact that they live among each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back