PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Somewhat realistic wish list !

Status
Not open for further replies.
You may be right, but nobody expected ua to get Corey Dillon either because of his domestic abuse history.

PLUS: N.F.L. CAMPS; Dillon misses practice

Myra Kraft was still around when Belichick traded for Dillon.

True.. I don't know the full details on how that played out or whether he ever plead guilty, but the video in Mixn's case is just too hard to ignore - and it does make a big difference in my opinion. Having video evidence = no he said/she said.

Not sure if serious.

Jesus, I hope not serious.

I am not talking about a 54 year old washed up Jerry Rice.

I am not talking about a
Calvin Johnson who is 31 years old.
Are you trying to tell me you wouldn't want him on the Patriots if he decided to come back for a ring?

Mixon is a great all around back who I would take if he was available in the 3rd round.

I don't approve of hitting women, but if they want equal rights.... you hit someone & they punch you, your not a victim.

Football star punches woman in the head - CNN Video

We are building a football team & many guys who have played in the NFL have done bad things.

Mixon is going to be in the NFL next year, so why not our team?

Did you have a problem with Corey Dillon playing for the Patriots?

Last edited:
I am not talking about a 54 year old washed up Jerry Rice.

I am not talking about a
Calvin Johnson who is 31 years old.
Are you trying to tell me you wouldn't want him on the Patriots if he decided to come back for a ring?

Mixon is a great all around back who I would take if he was available in the 3rd round.

I don't approve of hitting women, but if they want equal rights.... you hit someone & they punch you, your not a victim.

Football star punches woman in the head - CNN Video

We are building a football team & many guys who have played in the NFL have done bad things.

Mixon is going to be in the NFL next year, so why not our team?

Did you have a problem with Corey Dillon playing for the Patriots?

Who are you going to cut to fit in your 31 year shiny hood ornament?

And your excuses for Mixon are just sad.

Who are you going to cut to fit in your 31 year shiny hood ornament?

And your excuses for Mixon are just sad.

You dodged the question....
Did you have a problem with Corey Dillon playing for the Pat's?

When he was arrested in 2000, his wife was bleeding from the mouth.

Bengals' Dillon Arrested

Who would we cut....... how about Amendola & free up 6 million for Calvin Johnson.

Unless you think Amendola is better than Calvin Johnson.

Amendola - 8 years
365 catches 3,450 yards 17 TD's

Johnson - 9 years
731 catches 11 619 yards 83 TD's

Last edited:
My wishlist

Ray Lewis goes to jail.

Bengals' Dillon Arrested

Who would we cut....... how about Amendola & free up 6 million for Calvin Johnson.

Amendola - 8 years

Johnson - 9 years

Ok, I can't believe I actually have to type this but so be it...it's not realistic because there is a video of Mixon annihilating a woman. That's it. Corey Dillon being charged and released 17 years ago has nothing to do with it. If there were video of Dillon punching his wife, as there was with Ray Rice, or Mixon, its a lot less likely he would have been brought in.

Regarding Calvin Johnson, you started a thread about somewhat realistic things you would like to see happen. It's possible sure, but unrealistic. For example, why would Detroit simply hand over a 31 year old stud WR? Do you think the Patriots would be the only team that is interested in trading for him?

Have you heard anything about him coming out of retirement?

Have you heard anything about the Lions being willing to trade him away if he did come out of retirement?

My guess is the answer to these questions are no, but by all means, please show us some information that explains why your suggestions are "realistic." Until you do, you will probably continue to get crap, because your suggestions really do not make a lot of sense.

lol Calvin Johnson coming out of retirement is possible? Ok then...o_O

There was a Peter King interview with Johnson early this year where Johnson said he is missing cartilage between his joints, his bones rub together, and he expects to live in pain for the rest of his life. He was pretty adamant about staying retired, fearing his body would fall apart.

(Retelling from memory, can't find the link)

Yeah.... athletes never come out of retirement..... except these guys...

If Calvin Johnson got traded to the Patriots & came out of retirement, he would still be a top 10 WR. When next season starts, he will only be 31 years old.

Stranger things have happened.

There was a Peter King interview with Johnson early this year where Johnson said he is missing cartilage between his joints, his bones rub together, and he expects to live in pain for the rest of his life. He was pretty adamant about staying retired, fearing his body would fall apart.

(Retelling from memory, can't find the link)

@cupofjoe1962 How about now?;)

Bengals' Dillon Arrested

Amendola - 8 years

Johnson - 9 years
Well, there you go then. Surely Johnson will come out of retirement and sign for the enormous sum of 6 million. And there's no question whatsoever that Detroit would trade us his rights for a bag of used jocks. And certainly no other teams would want in on the action. And there isn't any doubt that BB values the WR SO highly he'd be willing to throw his salary structure out of wack to add another one to a team that's already stacked at that position.

Super genius!

Calvin Johnson told his QB before the 2015 season started that this would probably be his last season, because he didn't have fun playing football anymore.

He did take practices off because of a foot injury, but he did play at a high level in 2015. It was never reported that doctors advised him to retire.

He contemplated returning in 2016 weeks into the offseason.

Last edited:
Well, there you go then. Surely Johnson will come out of retirement and sign for the enormous sum of 6 million. And there's no question whatsoever that Detroit would trade us his rights for a bag of used jocks. And certainly no other teams would want in on the action. And there isn't any doubt that BB values the WR SO highly he'd be willing to throw his salary structure out of wack to add another one to a team that's already stacked at that position.

Super genius!

Hey Koolaid drinker..... Calvin Johnson was more productive his last season than Amendola has ever been & if he wanted to play for a ring, this would be a perfect location.

Calvin Johnson told Stanford before the season that this will probably be his last season because football was not fun any more..... He took days off from practice because of his foot injury, it was never reported that doctors told him to retire.

2015 stats.....(his last season)
88 receptions - 1214 yards - 9 touchdowns.

You still didn't answer the question...
Did you have a problem with domestic abuser Corey Dillon playing for the Patriots?

Man up & answer the question or climb back under your Patriots blanket & go back to sucking your thumb.

Last edited:
Hey Koolaid drinker..... Calvin Johnson was more productive his last season than Amendola has ever been & if he wanted to play for a ring, this would be a perfect location.

Calvin Johnson told Stanford before the season that this will probably be his last season because football was not fun any more..... He took days off from practice because of his foot, but he was still great.

Did you have a problem with domestic abuser Corey Dillon playing for the Patriots?

Man up & answer the question or climb back under your Patriots blanket & go back to sucking your thumb.

OK let's try this again, nobody has suggested that Johnson is not a better player than Amendola, so continually bringing up their stats has zero bearing on the discussion about whether or not your suggestions are realistic.

Do you not understand that even if Johnson decides he wants to play again that it is not up to him where he can play?

Why is Detroit trading him here?

Where is the evidence that says he wants to come out of retirement?

And I want to tread very carefully, but using Corey Dillon's situation is not at all analogous to Mixon's. Corey Dillon was in a domestic altercation with his wife, and while all evidence points to him being a POS, he was not convicted of these charges, and there certainly was no video of him punching her in the face. I don't recall there being much mention of Corey Dillon's past when he was acquired. It was a different time, right before the explosion of social media, and it certainly wasn't the red flag that Mixon's incident was. To continually use this as an example of why it is OK to sign Mixon does not serve your point well.

You continue to change the argument when people respond to your original points, when people are simply looking for explanations of why your suggestions were "realistic."

Calvin Johnson told Stanford before the season that this will probably be his last season because football was not fun any more..... He took days off from practice because of his foot injury, it was never reported that doctors told him to retire.

**** off. I don't answer to you, dipshit.

Call me when Calvin Johnson is playing for the Pats. Oh right, that will be the day after never.

#1Hightower signed

#2 Butler extended

#3 Get Mangold or someone to bolster the IOL if Jackson isn't healthy or Karras isn't where you hoped he'd be.

#4 A coverage linebacker - draft/trade

#5 Blount or replacement.

#6 A good band for the post-superbowl victory party.

Good post Cousin. I agree with most. Don't know enough about bands in #6.

Unless you trade Jimmy or Malcom, BB has decided he wants out of the Draft this year.
I get it. He wants ready players to help TB now, not in a few years as picks take mostly.

In #4-You have the availability of a young coverage LB in Mychal Kendericks of the Eagles. Only 26. Not a 4-3 fit. We run kind o=f a hybrid 3-4, 4-3. We trade with Howie in Philly. A fifth picks up speedy Kendricks per sources. I say why stop there. Go for Zack Brown who can play OLB/ILB. Only 27. 149 Tackles in 2016 with 4 sacks. On paper he was better than DH. Speed is his asset. We need more speed at LB. Kendricks and Brown scratch that itch.

#5- I don't know. Take a flyer of Peterson? Lacey with a weight clause? Maybe Tyler Gaffney is ready. Just the threat of Peterson might keep some Safeties in.

Still need a disrupting DT and pass rush edge. How about Jonathan Hankins? Still young and very disruptive. We can afford to pitch him. He, Brown and Branch in a rotation would be tough to run on. Now you have Guy and Ealy on the ends.
In a 3-4 You could have Brown and DH inside and Kendricks and (Nink, Van Noye, McClelland) opposite.
Pass rush edge cheap? Barwin or Mario Williams to get him back in gear.

Cousins, It's mostly health. If we can stay on the field our D can compete.

DW Toys

Last edited:
OK let's try this again, nobody has suggested that Johnson is not a better player than Amendola, so continually bringing up their stats has zero bearing on the discussion about whether or not your suggestions are realistic.

Do you not understand that even if Johnson decides he wants to play again that it is not up to him where he can play?

Why is Detroit trading him here?

Where is the evidence that says he wants to come out of retirement?

And I want to tread very carefully, but using Corey Dillon's situation is not at all analogous to Mixon's. Corey Dillon was in a domestic altercation with his wife, and while all evidence points to him being a POS, he was not convicted of these charges, and there certainly was no video of him punching her in the face. I don't recall there being much mention of Corey Dillon's past when he was acquired. It was a different time, right before the explosion of social media, and it certainly wasn't the red flag that Mixon's incident was. To continually use this as an example of why it is OK to sign Mixon does not serve your point well.

You continue to change the argument when people respond to your original points, when people are simply looking for explanations of why your suggestions were "realistic."

I am not sure how long you have been a member of Patsfans, but last year there were many posts on this board wishing the Pat's would trade for Calvin Johnson.

I don't expect it to happen, but look at the title of this thread.....

Somewhat realistic wish list..... Does that sound like a prediction?

There are many links out there suggesting that Johnson quit football because he was fed up.....

Calvin Johnson says he was 'fed up' with football

On my wish list..... I was hoping that after a year off, Johnson may want to comeback & play for a winner.

I never said I expected it to happen.

Some clown asked me who would we cut? Imagine someone thinking Calvin Johnson was not good enough to make our team.

That is the only reason I compared him to Amendola.

I like Amendola, but I know his talented is not on the level of a Calvin Johnson & asking who we would cut is ridiculous.

I actually think that guys like Dillon & Ray Rice who hit their wife or girlfriend are worse than a guy who punches a girl in a bar who hit him.

If you have a wife or girlfriend, you should care about them & protect them.

Should you care about a girl in a bar who hits you? What he did was wrong, but I can understand why he did it.

I can't understand why guys hit people they love.

Last edited:
**** off. I don't answer to you, dipshit.

Call me when Calvin Johnson is playing for the Pats. Oh right, that will be the day after never.

Ok.... Koolaid kid..... let me know when Amendola gets into the Hall of Fame.

No need for me to even articulate it...

This. What a joke of a thread.

That being said this thread offers a pretty nice question to play "whats more likely" with:

What's more likely ?

Calvin comes out of retirement despite clearly stating that his body can't take the punishment anymore or that the Krafts suddenly abandon one of the core player signing rules they have and allow woman beater Mixon to be drafted ?

List something that is possible, that you wish the Patriots would do?

#1 - Trade a conditional pick for the rights to Calvin Johnson & convince him to come out of retirement.

#2 - Draft Joe Mixon (1st round talent) with one of our 3rd round picks.

Draft Tek has him going to us in the 3rd #96 in their latest mock (not that it matters).
Drafttek 2017 NFL Draft Mock Draft | Round 3 |

#3 - Trade Garappalo to Cleveland for #12 & #52

Draft - ILB - Reuben Foster #12
Draft - TE - Adam Shaheen #52

You said realistic and the 1st two items you have aren't going to happen..
Mixon's Domestic Abuse case took him off the Pats Draft List guaranteed..

As for Calvin Johnson, I don't see the Lions trading his rights. Nor do I see him coming back into football.. Otherwise, he'd have gotten a TV gig. Pretty sure he's bitter with Goodell over the whole "catch" thing

1. Say some stupid ****
2. Get shown up by literally everyone else
3. Say "Koolaid" over and over and smash that mf dislike button
4. ?
5. PROFIT

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back