Something a little different...nice article on BB

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarrylS

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Nice article from a writer friend of BB who has cancer....

http://www.cleveland.com/living/pla...living/1142501960100950.xml&coll=2&thispage=1

After covering sports for almost 30 years, Casey Coleman has many big-league names in his Rolodex. Dozens of old friends have called to wish Coleman well during his battle with cancer. One of them is former Browns coach Bill Belichick.

That's right. Bill Belichick, aka Dr. Doom, the stone-faced, Super Bowl-winning coach from Planet Football 24/7. That Bill Belichick.

"In this business, people come in and out of your life because they move around so much. But Bill is one of those people, who, after he left in 1995, never stopped calling. We've always kept in touch," Coleman said.

The relationship was controversial. No coach in Browns history angered fans the way Belichick did in 1993, when he let quarterback Bernie Kosar go in midseason. No one in the media was closer to Belichick than Coleman. And when public anger boiled up at the coach, some spilled on Coleman.

"Bill's kids could no longer ride the bus to school, and I had to have a police cruiser parked outside of my house because of death threats. How insane was that?" Coleman said.

GJAJ15 said:
Nice article from a writer friend of BB who has cancer....

http://www.cleveland.com/living/plaindealer/index.ssf?/base/living/1142501960100950.xml&coll=2&thispage=1

After covering sports for almost 30 years, Casey Coleman has many big-league names in his Rolodex. Dozens of old friends have called to wish Coleman well during his battle with cancer. One of them is former Browns coach Bill Belichick.

That's right. Bill Belichick, aka Dr. Doom, the stone-faced, Super Bowl-winning coach from Planet Football 24/7. That Bill Belichick.

"In this business, people come in and out of your life because they move around so much. But Bill is one of those people, who, after he left in 1995, never stopped calling. We've always kept in touch," Coleman said.

The relationship was controversial. No coach in Browns history angered fans the way Belichick did in 1993, when he let quarterback Bernie Kosar go in midseason. No one in the media was closer to Belichick than Coleman. And when public anger boiled up at the coach, some spilled on Coleman.

"Bill's kids could no longer ride the bus to school, and I had to have a police cruiser parked outside of my house because of death threats. How insane was that?" Coleman said.

Great stuff, thanks for posting!

Bill's Girl said:
Great stuff, thanks for posting!

Seem as if you are signing solo lately. We all know that HC is being a snob. Hoodie comes and goes. But what happend to Chick?

Great article!

Maybe Willie Mac should have gotten cancer. THEN BB would have called HIM. :D (ain't I a sick bastid?)

PATSNUTme said:
Seem as if you are signing solo lately. We all know that HC is being a snob. Hoodie comes and goes. But what happend to Chick?

I haven't seen Bella since the Super Bowl! HC does not have internet access at home, but I talk to her everyday and Hoodie was here the other day. I'm not just here because of BB, I am here for the riveting free agent purgatory talk!

PATSNUTme said:

A snob?!?!?! :(

I'm definately guilty of not being around as much as I should but I figured the site is expertly monitored by Bill's Girl, who takes care of all the football lingo and BB's women...;)

Bill's Girl said:
I haven't seen Bella since the Super Bowl! HC does not have internet access at home, but I talk to her everyday and Hoodie was here the other day. I'm not just here because of BB, I am here for the riveting free agent purgatory talk!

You are the rock of the choir. Every group needs a lead singer.

Yes, this board has been a sewer of opinions lately. But SOME of it has been fun.

HugeCrushOnBB said:

I'm definately guilty of not being around as much as I should but I figured the site is expertly monitored by Bill's Girl, who takes care of all the football lingo and BB's women...;)

I have my finger on the pulse of patsfans.com......

HugeCrushOnBB said:

OMG, did I type "snob". I meant to type HC is a "star".:rocker: Can't trust these keyboards.:cool:

Yes, BG is holding her own in the face of adversity. I hope I never get on the recieving end of one of her tounge lashings. I'll be crying for my mommy.

Last edited:
PATSNUTme said:
OMG, did I type "snob". I meant to type HC is a "star".:rocker: Can't trust these keyboards.:cool:

Yes, BG is holding her own in the face of adversity. I hope I never get on the recieving end of one of her tounge lashings. I'll be crying for my mommy.

Stop it....that's not fair. :D Weren't you the one telling me I had to "Stand by my man??" That was you, wasn't it? Although in the last couple of days I have been more like a mother bear protecting her cub.....BB is lucky he is in Florida and not up here dealing with free agent purgatory!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back